Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101553 times)

Mary/Steve and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Linz

Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7125 on: July 23, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
Hi we are arriving on the 6th August with our kids age 14 boy n girl and wonderin if anyone else has kids similar age so they could meet up and have some friends?

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7126 on: July 23, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
We arrive on 12th and our son is 14 are you still there then ?

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7127 on: July 23, 2014, 12:03:55 PM »
HI there linz

My daughter and stepdaughter will be at the Marina from the 4th August for a fortnight; both 14 years old.  Personally i would lock your son away as my daughter is 'lad mad' but aside from that the two girls are very sociable and would enjoy company.  They will likely be with us in the nut or malibu most evenings too xxx

There will also be teenage girls at the Tria too who will enjoy company - not my girls though so i cannot give details. 

My two will likely be in Sharon's pool bar most days or on the beach around the Ammos / Marina area xxx

You should be able to recognise us from our pic on here.

Yammas
Angela

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7128 on: July 23, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
So glad you have settled back home Jo and that you and the lonely swing have been reunited. Good that Ger is going to look after it in your absence. Have  a magic time hope that beach weather returns  keep the reports coming.

Al Sal & Becs

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7129 on: July 23, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »
Arillas Today was in a mood. It was cloudy and relatively cool this morning, after a few rumbles in the night. No, not my stomach after totally perfect Sofrito and Galactoboureko......

The cooler start persuaded some to "go walkies." Then she hit them with HOT, HOT, HOT. Many sweaty faces and bodies observed, but the "cool" crew had already realised and were just getting on with being here. It is cloudier again, but still warm.

Mirage was beautifully full of youngsters having the time of their lives. And the kids looked quite happy too!

PnJ shared a wonderful hour or two at Sharon's and Rainbow with Eggy and JohnTheRef and Dot. Lezeck and Ang figured large in it as well. Tonight we are aiming to eat at Effies and do the quiz at Kaloudis. Keep fingers crossed we make it..........

More reports tomorrow.
Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7130 on: July 23, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
Following on from my rather morose (is that a word) post earlier it is now sweltering. We were just two of those idiots that you mention Phil, who did the circuit walk with no cream or hats etc and came home frazzled! We stopped of at the bakery on the way back and enjoyed a divine choc crossaint in the awakening sun. We then came back to a totally unexpected message off Sandy inviting us up to her gaff. Been wanting to go for years so we jumped at the chance. Wow is all I can say. Totally living the dream and we were in a state of depression after leaving lol!! Got some great tips on building a house though which we will definitely follow when our numbers come up. We then went to effies for a divine leaisurely lunch. Obviously this was accompanied by chilled wine (ginger beer also for mick). We are definitely going to try here one night. Just a gorgeous greek experience. Tonight, however, we are booked in at Brouklis. The 12 month return of his legendary lamb chops. I am almost slavering thinking about the divine feast that is to come! This place is just the best. Deep deep sigh :):)

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7131 on: July 23, 2014, 10:01:28 PM »
Enjoy-Sounds wonderful.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7132 on: July 24, 2014, 02:19:00 AM »
What a wonderful post Jo. Jen and I so understand all of what you say. We also visited Effie today. She is blooming in her seventh month growing  her new beba... not bebis, it will be a girl. Fabulous sea bream mixed with love and chatter. This is Arillas at work.

Arillas Today saw half of our plans completed as above, but Kaloudis quiz was blown out of the water by Bardis Bingo. And we won the two-lines, paying for our drinks. Several vodka frappes followed.

Ingrid stood waiting to get to the loo, listening to PnJ's plans for 2016 which involve 1st April to 1st November in Arillas. And to her credit she did not flinch or make a puddle on the floor. I have no idea why people put up with my ramblings. But in a year or two they will be reality, not ramblings. And her answer was "I'm a bit envious."

Bobby played The Wurzels "I've got a brand new combine 'arvestser" dedicated to PhilnJen, which made the evening complete meluvvers.

Kalinichta  all of my other luvvers

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7133 on: July 25, 2014, 12:29:23 AM »
It is midnight for us in Arillas Today. So many things wafted across PnJ's day, leaving their marks.

I will share just a few.

We were taken to Yannis and Litsa's wonderful place in Afionas by a very generous Bobby Bardis, who ferried us there and back. It used to be called The Blue House  but has a new name that we have written down but not remembered. The food was excellent, and the ambience so classy and up market. (Yes I hear you saying, WTF were Phil and Jen doing there then??????) The answer is simple. We spent an evening with people we love and who love us back, reminiscing over the 12 years since 2002 we have known them. I will do a TripAdvisor report on the taverna, which will get 5 stars.

We met some lovely people back at Bardis, who have known Poppy for 20 years. The young man is all but blind but can play a mean game of pool, and teaches music in a secondary school. In total AWE of his achievements.

And we learned that we have been hacked. Some b*****d sent Bardis Sun an email in my name from an unknown address, which contained a link to a blog about grateful hippies. Or so the link said. I made Bobby delete it permanently without opening it, but will be investigating in depth when I get back to UK.

Altogether a typical Arillas today - full of contradictions, but still our favourite place in the world.

Phil

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7134 on: July 25, 2014, 12:57:52 AM »
The restaurant is called Evdemon, Phil. I love it there and we will go again in September. Lovely food, lovely people and an amazing view. Did you try the Mastika after dinner?

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #7135 on: July 25, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »
I concur Phil.  Terry.  Very different to any other eaterie with great views we was lucky the night we went the afionas festival was on so
We mooches down there after and met many of the locals and had a great time with local music dancers and of course spit roasted lamb ,and night owl beer to wash it down from there bar yiammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7136 on: July 25, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »
Well, after the Lord Mayor's Show comes.....

Another Arillas Today.

It is HOT. Even I broke out in a sweat for a while earlier. Graziella was our afternoon destination and for 20 euros two hot dogs and several Mythos. To tell the truth Jen had pineapple juice, but I had quite a lot of Mythos......

The sea is attracting many and the beach looks good (through my telescope - I haven't walked it today - YET. I may very well do so later at the best time - early evening.)

Exchange rate is Brit friendly, about 1.25.

Many lovely people to say kalimera to, or yassou to, or in my case, "Mythos please...."

Another perfect setting for old, young, families, couples, solos..... anyone could get something special out of Arillas Today.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7137 on: July 25, 2014, 04:25:51 PM »

Another Arillas Today.

I broke out in a sweat for a while earlier.
Phil

What . Phil?? - You mean you were told no more Mythos in Arillas???

You are not wrong about the day. Too hot for me and happy now to sit inside with a 24 deg rather than a 29 deg outside at 4:15 pm ish.

Catch you guys on Sunday.

Cheers all
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7138 on: July 25, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
As phil says, its a scorcher today indeed! The sea, however is ICE COLD! Amazes me how the temp can change from day to day! There is a big wedding occuring later outside and inside the Marina which looks so romantic. All the marina gang as well as the wedding guests have been working round the clock adorning the restaurant with garlands etc and there is a lovely heartfelt inscription outside the marina paying respects to the happy couple. The bride and groom are actually spending their wedding night above us at the Marinaki (no sleep for us lol).

As for us, we have been very busy doing very little today. Lovely couple of hours on the North beach this morning (ankle deep wading only) and spent the rest of the day. Bliss.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7139 on: July 25, 2014, 10:58:08 PM »
Arillas today has, I think, been kind to everyone.
(Especially Jo as I haven't bumped into her yet!!0

Weather is good and exchange rate is good and many faces , from last year beginning to join the fun.
Dart players at Tria Adelphia , dart players at Rainbow and me with a pulled shoulder muscle !!!
WOTSTHATALLABOUT??

For those of you here, next week, Tria Adelphia is hosting a Greek Night on Thursday. Many places do these but, for me, there seems to be something special about this one.
Maybe it's the good fun of the guests who stay there and who needs darts on that night??

Phil n Jen due a wake up call tomorrow. Saw diddly of Arillas pals today as pottered around Ag.Stephanos area again finding faces back from last year.

Tonight was a "laid back hideaway" less hustle/bustle meal on the outskirts of Sidari. Nice twas to.

Tomorrow night (Sat) will see me at Rainbow for a bingo night. Not crossing off numbers but calling them.
Bugger! - I make them up as I go along so it I call "Legs" don't remove the eleven immediately from your card. I could mean "Legs don't work - arthritis at 64 - six and four 64"
You get the drift.

Greek night , Bingo , listening to me? - WOTTALOTTATOPICKFROM!
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com