Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101800 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5835 on: July 28, 2012, 07:49:06 PM »
PaulnGina, heed the advice of our Arillas Wise Man.

Wndbag Phil in the meantimes continues to have Arillas Todays. It is still hot and cloudless, but the welcome light winds make it bearable for those of us who have been well done on both sides and turned over for the chargrill lines.....

Money goes further, but somehow it translates into more Mythos. Effie's extra garlic prawns remain top of the pops at this stage, but with fierce competition. The food here gets better by the season.

There are many special events in our pipeline, and we will love them all. But as the Wise Woman says to me, the best plan to have in Arillas is NO PLAN.

Phil
(acknowledgements: Wise Woman = justjen)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5836 on: July 28, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
Keep enjoying the Arillas Magic Phil & Jen.

We are now pining for home and have not been away from it for a week yet.
September may see us return but not sure yet 

Have not seen you for a few years Paul & Gina here's to next summer

And the wise man is never wrong,
PaulnGina, heed the advice of our Arillas Wise Man.

Just ask him

Offline Gina

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #5837 on: July 28, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
john, i think we just missed you last year . we hope to make it next year just really missing all our arilliac friends

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5838 on: July 29, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »
Arillas Today is sweltering. My desktop says 38 degrees at 5.30pm. Exchange rate holds at 1.26 - just received.

On my tour of duty I noticed many in the sea and on the beach, but most were quietly chilling in chosen tavernas. Mythos supplies may be in danger today, with the number I have observed being supped. Some were mine of course....

Tonight some are facing a dilemma. Bingo at Bardis OR Diamond in the Nut. Just wished Bob (the singer) well with tonight's performance. If the audience is like last time he will enjoy himself, as will they.

But for PhilnJen and SuenRoy, Arillas Today will end with much hilarity and Bingo. Couldn't put it in a bottle, could you?

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5839 on: July 29, 2012, 11:05:37 PM »
Beware the Bingo Phil,
It may be the well known Dartsman who is moonlighting with the numbers....give that man an Ouzo

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5840 on: July 29, 2012, 11:44:54 PM »
Ah! - Top of the shop. - Ouzo 90 . - Or 9. 0. - blind.... drunkl - Eh?

Signing off at 11:40 Greek time ( Or ... legs 11 - n life begins at ...... )

26 deg on the Weggy scale and a super Arillas still spoiling all.

Looking forward to the company of P n J plus others at Armourada, Wednesday.

Armourada? - If you've never "BIN" you should "GO".

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5841 on: July 30, 2012, 01:07:14 AM »
The biggest GROAN of the (tiny) three weeks that we are spending here Neill. Even Arillas folk know a corny joke when they see one....

Arillas tomorrow will go mental for us. Biggest contributors will be Eileen and JC, but our path to going abroad (ie to Hell) on Friday will be paved with good intentions. If justphil survives the upcoming onslaught, I might even try a holiday report.

I feel like the GoCompare advert, awaiting the bazooka to blow me away. But sorry folks, it is too late. Arillas already has.

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5842 on: July 30, 2012, 01:18:42 AM »
Case packed...including a box of Bombay Mix Neill...won't be sitting near you after you've been stuck into it...now sitting here polishing my nails and finishing a bottle off wine...that's me all set for leaving at 5.30am...life is very good....see you soon Phil'n'Jen.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5843 on: July 30, 2012, 01:31:38 AM »
Will correct your spelling when I see you tomorrow meluvver.... Can't bladdy wait!!!!!

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5844 on: July 30, 2012, 01:36:45 AM »
Bladdy wine makes me orf my head!

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5845 on: July 30, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »
Beware People!! - The Scots are coming!!
Is it a rumour that Eileen, after two Retsinas, tried to head butt my Punto???
Is it good news that they have a 50 minute flight delay? ( Don't be nasty! )

Linakis is looking good for ther return and they could eat their meals of the floor as it is soooo clean. Tables a bit dodgy though!! - Blame Wegg.

Arillas Today, well for me anyway , was....
... A trip to the Nut, hoping to find Phil n Jen but instead meeting Hannah. First time this summer and made very welcome plus the input of Costas and Peri. They are not as pretty though. Prefer talking to Hannah! - Sorry Boys!!

Then to Rainbow and a super, further 2 hours, with young Nafsika cheering me on at darts. I could hit a 26,21,45 or anything really. I have my own  "crowd" sat on a chair saying "Bravo Neill" plus clapping. - How can I lose???
Lovely lil lady. - A big credit to Vasu and Dimitris.
I told Dimitris "You have a very inteligent daughter."
"You are not selling her darts"- He said. Sometimes "Arthur Daley" won't work.
(He knows me so well)

So, my Arillas today was a busy morning and a fun afternoon. I forget all those
others who still enjoy a breezy 33 deg. It's a good Arillas today and the "good" is that you take what you want from it, with respect for what it offers , then reflect on your excellent day during your evening meal.

6pm - 33 deg - Rain showing on the Weggometer? - WOTSITALLABOUT?
Cheers
Negg

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5846 on: July 30, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »
Hi Neil, it's the "Umes" here.  Watched the world match play final last night, just wasn't the same, Belfast or Arillas? which would you choose.  Wady didn't quite make it in the end - better start would have made a big difference. Aw well, there's always next year but remember to tell us who your money is on before we invest!!!  Was thinking that over the long winter months if you had nothing better to do you could practice your bingo numbers, all the 4's = droopy drawers.  I'm sure there are many on the forum who can give you tips eg 8 and 2 = a fat duck!  Take care and keep up the practice, Nafsika will nearly be ready next summer to pick up the arrows!!

Sandra and Jim

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5847 on: July 30, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
Hi sandraandjim, hope you had a great time in arillas, doesn't a year go fast, we'll be there in 4 weeks time, sampling all the usual treats that the locals put on for us, sorry to have missed you this year but i'm sure our paths will cross again in the near future. I hope that all is well and will catch up with you in that wonderful place, yammas, chris (aka gringo)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5848 on: July 31, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »
Then to Rainbow and a super, further 2 hours, with young Nafsika cheering me on at darts.
I told Dimitris "You have a very inteligent daughter."

Not only inteligent but so cute, she is a little darling.
loved seeing her around the Rainbow, she could melt your heart.

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5849 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »
Hi Chris, great to hear from you, also sorry we missed you and Ang this year, had a great time as usual at the Rainbow with quite a few late nights!  At least it gives Jimmy time to get in training again for your arrival. Tell Ang no ribs this year!  Will you be playing the bingo, Gringo.  Yammas

Sandra and Jim

Booking.com