Author Topic: Uk Summer  (Read 12170 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Uk Summer
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 02:07:09 PM »
I think I had just witnessed a skier having a pretty bad "off piste" incident. Being the mature grown up that I am I found it hilarious

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 11:30:52 PM »
We booked our trip to Arillas 9 weeks ago, I can't beleive the prices @ the minute they have shot up. All because of the apalling weather in the UK. Glad we booked ours when we did !

Diane x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »
Well the weather yesterday early evening was appalling, there were purple forks of lightning every 10 seconds or so, then huge rumbles of thunder, one was so loud that it shook the nets in our window!!

Then the rain absolutely lashed down and then i couldnt believe what i was seeing, hailstones, yep thats right, little balls of ice pounding the windows, mid July, beautiful!!

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 12:47:28 PM »
That surprises me, Clare, as we only heard a small rumble in the distance, and we aren't that far away, also only a few spots of rain later in the evening.  Dull and grey this morning though!
lynn :(

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »
I think it mustve been just over Romford and surrounding areas, cos when ive come into work this morning a few people who live about 10 or so miles away didnt get nothing but a bit of light rain, very strange weather indeed!!

Grey and dull here this morning too.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
It's lovely and warm and sunny here today, mind you dont know how long for. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 07:59:37 PM »
I just cant stand it!!!  Mike and I were just saying that we were in Arillas getting ready to enjoy our first meal there - a month ago!  Cant believe it!  It wouldnt be so bad here if the weather was good, the holiday feeling would still go on.

It is pouring with rain at Gatwick right now - its 'orrible!  I feel so sorry for the people in the Worcester area dealing with all this at the moment, no water in their taps but plenty of flood water... its total madness and I hope it doesnt rain so much in the Midlands and that they dont have to go through it all again.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 01:51:11 PM »
Blimey when its said like that it sounds so depressing, cant believe its been a month since you flew off!!

The weather here is terrible, it rained yesterday early evening all through the night really, its been dry here this morning so far.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 02:08:33 PM »
The sun has been out all morning but there are quite a few clouds in the sky.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 02:43:49 PM »
I'm told we have to make the most of today......
Sandy x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »
The sun is out in Essex now, not sure what the rest of the week is going to be like though!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »
We are having a semi sunny day today in manchester, then it's going to pi...ckle down for rest of 2007!  Yey, roll on Arillas in September.  Anybody live near Stratford, Long Marston area?  My son is going to the Global Gathering music festival for the weekend on friday, he doesn't know whether to take a tent or a dinghy!  What's the flooding like down there? anybody know.

Booking.com