Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studio  (Read 43124 times)

Offline siobhan

Bardis Sun Studio
« on: July 15, 2004, 01:52:45 PM »
Just back from Arillas, Corfu, stayed at Bardis Sun Studio. I thought it was disgusting. There is so much litter laying around arillas and corfu, you would think they didn't care about the tourist. Also there is a bad smell in certain places, it smells of sewage.

As for Bardis Sun studio, it was suppose to be quiet and relaxing, but the bar played really loud music till 1.00 am every morning. It was not very nice, the beds were uncomfortable and the sheets had been there since the dawn of time. The worst thing was the shower, the water went every where and even flooded out onto the corridor. There were mops along the corriders, supposedly for us to dry it up after. However the mops were sitting in disgusting water that had never been changed, which meant you were drying your floor with those dirty, germ ridden things. I didn't find the staff friendly, they were at the start, but I think when they realised we weren't spending money in their bar, it was a different story. Every day the pool was cleaned, but even after that insects and even bird droppings were in it. Don't go here, its cheap and dirty. I wish I had of spent extra money and went somwhere else. Don't be fooled by good reviews, that was the reason I went.

It is a very beautiful place in arillas, its just not what I had hoped for. :cry:

Anonymous

Bardis - Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 07:15:41 PM »
OOooo dear!  You ever been abroad or to Greece before?   :o

I would suggest staying in a B&B in the Uk!

All beds are uncomfortable (apart from our own) - grin and bear it comes to mind - you are on holiday.  All showers are the same in that locality and god forbid it had insects!!!!  Heavens - stay at home luv

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 07:46:44 PM »
You write as if I have never been abroad or travelled, which is not true and you couldn't possibly know that. I wrote my experiences because when I booked the holiday I read many reviews and articles regarding both arillas and Bardis Sun, most of which ranged from ok to good. However, in order to get a balanced picture I put up my experiences, which unfortunately and to my expense were not good.

Your experience may have been good, mine was NOT!!!

Anonymous

Re:Bardis Sun Studios.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 02:29:46 PM »
I am travelling to Arillas in October with my boyfriend and staying at the Bardis Sun Studios :wink: , which I was greatly looking forward to. I find it hard to believe that this place was recommended to me if it is such an awful place to stay.I am just hoping that there is a difference in taste and standards between myself and you as we are both young and carefree and hopefully I will not dwell on these issues that bothered you so much. This review is extremely disappointing and even upsetting :(  as I have saved up for this holiday, but I appreciate that this is your honest viewpoint and thank you for it.No matter what,I fully intend to enjoy my time in Arillas with the people, the food and the atmostphere to the maximum and can hopefully make the most of the accommodation. :lol:  :lol:

Janina

Siobhan's bad time in Bardis Sun
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 03:01:09 PM »
To the person visiting in October:
I can't comment on the accommodation because I have never stayed there, but the village itself is lovely and MOST of the people are very friendly indeed. Get yourself along to Brouklis Taverna for traditional Greek food and a warm welcome from Dimitris. The Coconut bar and Malibu next door play some good sounds and karaoke. The Rainbow on the road out has a good pool and Jimmy and Spiros are good fun. Anna's Studios up the hill also has a good pool, Anna, Costas and their son Tassos are all very friendly. Above all don't stay too long in the apartment dwelling on what's wrong with the place. It will make you all bitter and twisted.

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 05:42:10 PM »
Thanks,I totally agree!No need to worry,I shall enjoy myself totally even if the accomodation isn't up to scratch.Thnks for the tips of where to go,it'll be helpful when I get there so I'll print the info off now.At least there is plenty of positive feedback regarding Arillas and it sounds like a very magical place to me, as many seem to go back year after year.I cannot wait to get there and meet all the people I've been hearing so much about!! :lol:  :lol:

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 10:04:09 PM »
8)  :lol: Interesting to note that the vast majority of comments/reviews, including my own are all positive regarding Arillas. We are going in September, to the Bardis studios and though I have only walked past I am sure we will enjoy as usual.
                               Ivan

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 02:25:05 PM »
HI ALL,
I can't understand the negative remarks and complaints from Siobhan ? because my nephews stayed there and appt, bed etc were clean with no problems!!! perhaps with respect you have stayed in too many 5star hotels & expect too much ?
And to Janina and Ivan( we've spoke before Ivan) you will have no problems we always make the best of what you've got !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't fancy something ,you've got plenty of other choices??

Regards        Paul/Deb5

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 05:08:31 PM »
I totally agree with the comments made by Paul/Deb5,especially about the 5*hotels.I can't wait to see the Bardis Sun Studios,because I'm sure I'll have seen a hell of a lot worse!!

driscoll

Bardis Sun
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 09:28:01 AM »
We have stayed at the bardis sun about eight times now and are returning there three weeks tomorrow.It is a wonderful place,so is the village of Arillas.The people are friendly and really make you feel welcome and part of the family.Spiros and Poppy will do everything they can to make sure that you enjoy your holiday with them.The pool is always spotlessly clean otherwise we wouldn't use it.Any normal person going there will have a fantastic holiday.[/b]

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 12:33:52 PM »
Oh thank goodness,I was losing all faith! :lol: I'm so pleased to hear your review,it has put my mind at ease.As i said before my partner and myself are young so we aren't too fussy as long as the accommodation is clean!!Thanks again.

Offline Nichola

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 06:27:23 PM »
I'm also pleased to see more positive comments, although from everything else I've read on here before I took the review by that person with a pinch of salt.
Me and the boyfriend go on the 17th August for 10 days, and as long as it is clean and has a bed, I'll be happy :) The tickets and stuff arrived today, so it all seems so much closer now.
Anyone else going to be there the same time as us?

Driscoll

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 08:36:52 PM »
To Nichola.

We are staying at the Bardis Sun,in the Hotel,from the 13thAugust.We think you will love it.There are two pools that you can use both with bars.The bar at the hotel closes at about 6pm,so if you use the saftey deposit boxes get anything out before then.The bar next door stays open until 1pm and is a great place to have a last drink before going to bed.If you want later night life there is the Malibu and the Coconut that stay open until god knows when(our teenagers go there).There are loads of places to eat all of them good.We usually end up at Kostas on the beach and have yet to try the Brouklis,but have decided we will this time.Hope to meet you in person at some time during your stay.[/b]

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2004, 02:36:09 PM »
Hi Driscoll and Nichola
You will certaintly enjoy Arillas and all the people & places, you must visit Brouklis, Dimitris's Taverna as you have to put your photos in the album bacause we and Norm & Sandy are going again later on and we want to see a full album of photos to put faces to names on the Forum!!!!!!!!!!
Also he has the best prawn saganaki around? etc.

Regards    Paul/Deb5

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 03:50:08 PM »
We like the mussell saganaki best. :!: cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Booking.com