Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studio  (Read 43129 times)

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2004, 07:03:08 PM »
8)Nichola,
              as Eileen said have a good holiday, I'll be waiting for your post when you get home
                   Ivan

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2004, 09:29:40 PM »
Hi to all the regulars Who like Arillas!!!!!!!!

I'm not even going to reply to unknown comments, just one thing , there will be 1 or2 less people on the beech next year?????
we only meet happy people in Arillas don't we Anna ????
Its what you make it !!
I see Marie got anice reply off ?

Regards     Paul/Deb5

anna

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2004, 01:01:33 AM »
thats right only happy people to know how they enjoy the life !  :)
i send you email one of these days  :wink:
Quote from: Paul/Deb5
Hi to all the regulars Who like Arillas!!!!!!!!

I'm not even going to reply to unknown comments, just one thing , there will be 1 or2 less people on the beech next year?????
we only meet happy people in Arillas don't we Anna ????
Its what you make it !!
I see Marie got anice reply off ?

Regards     Paul/Deb5

Marie Gibbon

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2004, 12:01:46 PM »
hi paul/debs,  :D
i dont understand what u mean, i see marie got a nice reply off?
write soon it doesnt take much to confuse my brain  :lol:
love marie xxxxx

EMMIE

BARDIS SUN
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2004, 01:36:28 PM »
I AM THE 'ANONYMOUS WRITER' FROM SEVERAL DAYS AGO.....

ISN'T THE POINT OF THIS FORUM TO SHARE EXPERIENCES AND TO INFORM HOLIDAY MAKERS?? NOT SIMPLY IGNORE AND CRITICISE ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS THAT ARE MADE??

WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND DIFFERENT EXPECTATIONS ABOUT WHAT WE WANT OUT OF A HOLIDAY AND OFCOURSE PEOPLE WILL DISAGREE.  

I DON'T DISPUTE THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD A FABULOUS HOLIDAY IN ARILLAS AND THE BARDIS SUN STUDIOS.  THAT'S GREAT.  BUT, I AM NOT LYING ABOUT MY EXPERIENCES - WHY WOULD I?  I AM INTERESTED TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES' EXPERIENCES, EVEN IF THEY DISAGREE WITH MINE IN ORDER TO MAKE BETTER DECISIONS ABOUT HOLIDAYS IN THE FUTURE.

IN REPLY TO IVAN....  WE DID NOT MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT TO OUR THOMSON REP.  SHE WAS GREAT, (CHRISTINE), BUT AS I SAID, WE'RE NOT WHINGERS AND THE QUALITY OF THE ACCOMMODATION WAS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF OUR HOLIDAY, AND WE DID NOT LET IT SPOIL IT.  TO BE HONEST, WE DID NOT WANT TO WASTE ANY OF OUR HOLIDAY MOVING TO A POSSIBLY WORSE PLACE AND IT WAS UNLIKELY THAT THEY WOULD HAVE MOVED US ANYWHERE ELSE BECAUSE THEY WERE SO BUSY. PLUS ALL THE ROOMS AT THE BARDIS SUN SEEMED TO BE THE SAME SIZE AND STANDARD AS OURS SO THERE SEEMED LITTLE POINT.  I DID MAKE A COMMENT ON THE QUESTIONNAIRE ON THE RETURN FLIGHT HOME - BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT DIFFERENCE THAT MAKES, WHICH IS WHY I WANTED TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE DIRECTLY ON THIS FORUM.

I WOULD LIKE TO STRESS THAT I STILL HAD A GREAT HOLIDAY, AND I AM SURE THAT OTHERS WILL THAT ARE GOING TO THE BARDIS SUN STUDIOS OR ARILLAS.  I GUESS A HOLIDAY IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, BUT I WILL DEFINITELY BE VISITING SIMILAR FORUMS TO HEAR WHAT HOLIDAY MAKERS SAY ABOUT A RESORT AND ACCOMMODATION BEFORE BOOKING NEXT YEAR!

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2004, 04:55:05 PM »
8) Hi Emmie,
                 Interesting to read your latest post, I agree with what you say about the forum being for the exchange of views and opinions, also that our expectations of and requirements from a holiday are bound to differ.
                  However I find it hard to reconcile your first post, in which you seemed very unhappy with your holiday and seemed to blame the opinions on this forum for being less than honest b******t and in some way responsible for your choice of holiday with the statement on your last post- we did not make an offical complaint and I still had a great holiday.
                  So you had a great holiday, didn't make any complaints but you're not happy?????
                I hope you find what you are looking for in a holiday
                                  Regards,
                                              Ivan

Marie Gibbon

Re: Bardis Sun Studios
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2004, 05:09:38 PM »
Quote from: guest
I think that it is about time that people actually spoke the truth so that people know what to expect before they go on holiday. It's bad enough the travel companies spouting bull shit in their brochures without people on forums, designed to inform people and give the tourists perspective, not telling the whole truth

above is what you wrote in your last comment, this is why i repiled to your last post in the way i did!  and now you are saying you have no reason to lie about your holiday, what i dont understand is why would other people that use this forum spout 'Bull S**t' about Arillas if they thought the same as you im sure they would write that the place was horrible not tell a lie and mislead other people. like others have said everyone has different tastes in what they like this obviously isnt the place for you.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2004, 09:08:33 AM »
hello,
you are correct this forum is for people to express there views ect.both positive and negative ones and that is the only way it should be,then people will get a good idea of the place.Lets not start to knock people for there views or opinions.Sally and i both love Arillas and will keep coming as long as we can.This year we flew from Exeter our local airport with Libra Holidays abd stayed in the Horizon right on the front,highly recommended.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2004, 01:12:49 AM »
Hi Harold & Sally
Yes your quite right that is what the Forum is for ? I think it was more of a shock to read a long complaint ,of which we don't often come across ?

And now thanks to Dimitris we have a couple of catorgries to log into.
speak soon.

Paul/Deb5

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2004, 04:49:41 PM »
hello Paul and Debs,
you are quiet correct in what you say :) and the site gets better and is growing all the time.I log into the agni site a lot but this one of Dimitris is better i think
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline siobhan

Siobhan
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2004, 06:22:18 PM »
I am glad that there are other honest people like Aimme who has spoken her mind, I put up my experiences at the start of this strand and they were not good.

I am glad to see that Aimme has had similar experiences of Bardis Sun and Arillas so it is not just one persons expectations.

I too would not have booked here if I had read some honest comments.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2004, 08:23:17 PM »
Came back fron Arillas in August and after having read all the negative posts about the place tried to look at it through the eyes of someone going for the first time and who didn't love the place. Yes the beach is small but plenty big enough for the amount of people who use it.Yes there is a bit of rubbish lying around,but who does it belong to,could it be the tourists. Everything in the village is a little bit basic but that is what we have all come to love.As for the people,well they can't be faulted.They will do anything for you and I would challange anyone who says otherwise.If you treat people well they will do the same.I would recommend Arillas to anyone coming on this forum but not to anyone else as we would like it to stay as it is and not become overrun.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2004, 08:33:53 PM »
i have not stayed at the bardis studios but i have at the hotel and i am staying again theretomorrow when i fly out.  T he village is small and quaint the people on friendly and helpful. a holiday is what you make of it, i have spoken to many people who have spoken good and bad but they often expect 1st class  accomodation, and am afraid that isnt what you get, my sons have all stayed in the village at the marina and kaloudous and they have been full of admeration for

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2004, 08:41:10 PM »
8) It needs to be said that a review does not have to be unfavourable to be truthful( or indeed vice versa) . 8 days and counting 'til the Bardis studios - we can't wait
                                           Ivan

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
honest comments
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2004, 09:58:26 PM »
siobhan,you keep on saying that if you had read an honest comment then you would,nt have had a bad holiday,but you did read an honest comment in the view of the person writing it.
my sons have stayed at the bardis hotel and apart from a dripping tap there had no other complaints,but does this mean im dishonest,no it means that in my view bardis hotel is an ok place to stay,but  dont take it as gospel its just my view.
As for the other comments about the narrow beach,what do you want the locals to do push the sea back?
And litter i agree is a problem but this is caused mostly by us the tourist.
The Kerkerian way is laid back what you see is what you get.
i hope you find somewhere that you will enjoy better,there are many places on corfu to see,hopefully this has not put you off.
yours
             norm

Booking.com