Author Topic: mozzies  (Read 10924 times)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
Re: mozzies
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 12:46:50 PM »
We had a great time thanks Lynn.

Back at work today and two of the bites are rubbing on my shoes - nightmare!

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 06:04:22 PM »
I was told about vitamin b and I have been taking it every day for weeks, don't go till August so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works.
SHEILA

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 11:34:22 AM »
Is that Vit. B6 or 1...?  I am going to get some today, what with that and double the dose of Cod Liver Oil I should be in "perfect working" order... LOL

Only thing is Mikes knee is playing up again!  cant believe it, he goes all year without any trouble and now it is swelling up again and is sore.. he's off to the docs I think before we go!  He had such a swollen and painful leg last year he couldnt walk far in Arillas and when we got back after the flight it was worse, poor old thing, I dont want it to spoil his holiday.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 11:44:14 AM »
I hope he is swollen knee free for your holiday, nothing worse than a painful joint to spoil your holiday.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 04:43:31 PM »
He says it feels better today, thank goodness!

I went and got the Vit B complex and more marmite today... LOL.  its almost like having a vaccination!   Lets hope it works.. :)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 02:07:47 PM »
Must say that after years of being Mr Mozzies most fav dinner date,I think I got it right last year, I took the antihistamines 2 weeks prior and continued for the week we were there, did the spray every night and slapped on loads of the cream if I got a bite and it worked no more huge weeping red blobs...(i get a real bad reaction to mozzie bites and have got the scars and lumps still with me)
now the marmite tip may be another bonus as I have only just started eating it on a bit of toast for lunch some days and have got to like it.
Ang

Offline sinbads little girl

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 11:40:57 PM »
well they wernt to bad last septemeber but there was the odd one we had loadz of sprays and that but there not as gud as they still get u.i can say if u do get bit put tea tree oil on them you can buy these as spot stickes in boots or wilkos also try taken vitimin b1 and garlic capsualse also try cooking with lots of garlic 2weeks before and try take the b1 an garlic tablets 2weeks before try not to forget them keep taken them while your there.lil miss.hannah

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 11:46:07 PM »
I`m back to chewing raw garlic.
Lindypops.

Booking.com