Author Topic: Jellyfish?  (Read 29007 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Jellyfish?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »
Lindy P
If you ever get stung ................................ Just don't laugh at the treatment!
Negg

ps.
In the approx 15 years we've been to Arillas the only things we've found in the sea are other bathers plus a few asstd size of fish. ( And a coupe of flatfish )

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. I dread to think Eggy,lol. I need to think who I would like to administer!
Lindypops.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 01:02:58 PM »
Talking of Jellyfish i had the unfortunate experience of being stung by one in Blackpool in 1974 we were courting then, throwing a ball to one another in the sea i dive for the ball but missed it but felt something brush against my arm i thought it was seaweed
Then a couple of seconds later the pain was excrutiating and i saw this thing bob to the surface, i went to the medical centre straight away by this time i had a long red line from my wrist upto my shoulder and was in agony ive never felt pain like that before
I cant remember what tablets they gave me but i do know i was ill for another 3 days with nausea headaches and felt absolutely lousy
Its an experience i do not wish to go through again lol once was more than enough
So my advice now is give the blighters a wide berth if you see 1 i know some stings arn't as bad as others ,but better safe than sorry
                                                                  Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »
Sort of says it all - Eggy's flatfish in Arillas or poisonous jellyfish in Blackpool. I rest my case.

phil

Booking.com