Author Topic: thomsons flights to venice  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
thomsons flights to venice
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »
I notice that Thomsons have announced a new Manchester-Venice route which runs throughout the winter as well.  A sample costing I did for a December departure, returning early Jan came in at only £111 for 2 adults (this included all taxes etc).  To be honest I could not be bothered checking how the times tallied up with the Minoan/Anek Venice - Corfu ferry, but this new route may well be worth remembering for anyone thinking about taking an out of season visit to Corfu.

Eileenx

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: thomsons flights to venice
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 11:51:44 AM »
That’s a good flight, especially if it’s the real Venice airport and not the "alleged" one that Ryanair fly to which is about as close to Venice as Manchester is to London (for £10 return you can't complain tho), been trying to workout those ferry timetables and the price keeps coming out astronomically high, is it me doing something wrong or are they just expensive?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
EEKS Joe, well spotted I had forgotten all about the 'other' airport. 

Yep the ferry crossing is quite expensive, so if on a budget it's best to travel as a foot passenger.  No one checks if you have tickets for the aircraft type seats so it's not worth paying the extra!  There are showers, also racks are provided for your luggage to save lugging it around with you.

It's a fun and a different start to a holiday in Corfu, perhaps not much cheaper than a direct flight, but for travel out of season it does give us another option.

Eileenx

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 12:22:41 PM »
Oh I would love to go that way, hopefully I'm just clicking on the wrong ticket option.

Last time I was on the ferry I sneaked into those aircraft seats, then realised no one was checking tickets, why enough do they charge more for them?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »

Last time I was on the ferry I sneaked into those aircraft seats, then realised no one was checking tickets, why enough do they charge more for them?

It's crazy eh?...but what the heck it saves us money!

A couple of years ago when using the shorter crossing from Bari we bought foot passenger tickets at the terminal.  A couple of hours after we boarded I decided that I was desperately in need of a bit shut eye and asked the purser if we could upgrade our tickets to a/c type seats.  He shooed us through to the near empty section telling us not to be so silly and to keep our money!

Eileenx

Booking.com