Author Topic: horrid british weather  (Read 10203 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: horrid british weather
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 12:07:33 PM »
Weddings are great to plan and a nightmare as they get nearer.  The wedding nerves affect everyone.
We are helping a friend tomorrow.  On Monday their venue for the reception was cancelled for some reason and they have had to quickly arrange something else which has been done and all arranged within two days, which shows it can be done.  Caterers, music everything...  must be because its a friday and not Saturday as I think it might have been more difficult to organise, Mike and I are organising the evening buffet which isnt a problem.  They have had good support from friends and everyone is on hand to help so it shouldnt be a disaster as we initially thought it was.  They had the rehearsal last night and everything is working out as it should be so now we just need dry weather !!!!

The main thing is that they get married not the reception I think, that can always be done at a later stage if they wanted to.  But what a nightmare and panic!  Now we can just enjoy it and the bride and groom should be able to relax and enjoy it too.

Have fun Claire, are you having bridesmaids?  Girls always love to talk weddings.  The men always seem to retreat when it comes to wedding plans.  They think it is out of their control so why not just let it happen and enjoy it.  I dont think its that they are not interested they just dont understand the hype and excitement.  Perhaps they are frightened of being asked to do things they know nothing about and prefer to go with the flow.  I think its great fun.

They had a girls weekend away, kitchen shower, brilliant time over the last couple of weeks.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 02:37:26 AM »
Aye, the nerves can get worse, but only if you let them! Take no crap off anyone, do your own thing, and enjoy. My wedding suit was £3.50! And still married,lol. Enjoy it all hon.
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 06:49:49 PM »
Well the wedding went off without a hitch,  everything was beautiful and all were happy..Bride and Groom had a lovely day despite the panics last week.  Just goes to show what you can do in a couple of days and everyone works together.  It was a brilliant day although the weather could have been a bit better for the photos although did manage to get some taken outside.

It looks so grey today!  Thats how I am feeling after my last glass of wine last night!

So my motto for a wedding is "DONT PANIC"... it will be alright on the day!

We have been married 35 years this April and really cant remember much about our day as it flew past so quickly - the main thing is we got married and are still together.  We were (well mainly it was me who made the suggestion after a couple of glasses of wine) thinking of renewing our vows on the beach in Arillas in June.. Lynda who is coming with us said she would be my maid of honour!!! What a laugh!  I dont really think Mike will be up for it - he thinks we are totally dotty and he would be so embarrassed - thinking about it I would too as we couldnt take it seriously we would be laughing too much.  There I go daydreaming again..

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
Glad the wedding went well. I told my mum not to panic, but that we were getting married in 2 weeks! That was a long time ago too!!
Lindypops.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »
Thanks everyone!!

We are getting married in May 2009, so still plenty of time to save up and plan it all!

I chose May cos i thought it would be nice weather (keeping on topic haha) but not stifling hot like July and August can be here, so i thought May would be ideal.

I already have my dress aswell, if anyone is interested ill email you a piccie and tell you the story, let me know?!

Bev, my mum and Stepdad used to live in Leigh-on-Sea up until about 8 months ago, they now live in Daws Heath near Thundersley, i used to love going for a mooch up The Broadway shops.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 01:38:16 PM »
I'm interested Smiffy - please send me pic.

Blondegirl why not ask Donut man to do the honours???  He won't be selling much fruit hopefully!  You could have your own little ceremony on the beach - perfect ..... with this donut, I thee renew my vows!!

Sorry, think you might be able to tell, I'm bored and also back to Smiffy noticed your ticker is showing under two months - can't believe how quickly that has gone.  Wish mine was going that fast! 
Cheryl O

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 01:56:03 PM »
Ok i will.

Haha could you imagine that, the Donut Man doing the honours!!

I know, the time has gone well quick, cant believe that in 5 days time i will be able to say 'im going on holiday next month!'

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »
ha ha ha very funny!  The donut man with his flesh flute and glapes - think I will give him a miss!  Seems he gets in on everything even Dimitris and Litsas wedding eh!

Booking.com