Author Topic: Mathraki Studios  (Read 22922 times)

Offline peter

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Mathraki Studios
« on: March 02, 2004, 01:53:26 PM »
Family are returning to Arillas thyis year and are staying at Mathraki studios and would appreciate some info
1 Do the studios have air con if not how much does it cost
2 Transfer time last time was 4 hours what is it like now. I'm thinking of getting a taxi from airport as it was to much for the kids
3 Where is the best place for car hire
We will be in Arillas for 2 weeks on 5 July so hope to see all our old freinds and maybe some new ones

Yasou
Peter

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Mathraki Studios
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 03:36:49 PM »
For all these information you can cotnact the owners directly at the folowing website:   http://www.mathrakistudios.com/
best regards,

Dimitris Kourkoulos

Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081 Corfu

http://www.arillas.com
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Anonymous

Mathraki Studios
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 04:18:02 PM »
Efharisto Dimitris
te kanes

dont remeber whether we ate at your restaurant the last time we we're in Arillas but will make a bee line there this year
Peter

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
mathraki
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 09:20:04 PM »
yassoo peter
                     had our honeymoon at mathraki 15yrs ago it had no pool and ground floor wasn,t finished . but still one off the best places in arillas now it has a pool and high season snack bar.
no air con  and am unsure off the cost,taxi fare from airport is reasonable about 45 EURO,S DURING THE DAY rising after midnight to 50-60 but haggle if your in a large group,takes about 40 mins and the driversare safe and polite.
You must go and eat at dimiti,s place(brouklis) the best or portafina i think it was called on the beach front next to the coffee bar which is also good.we will be there in may/june so we might see you
                              efharisto
                                          norm

Offline peter

Mathraki Studios
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 03:41:56 PM »
Efharisto Norm
I think we may take the taxi option last time we were abandoned in Sidari with no information and no suggestion when we might get to Arillas. This was midday and our 2 kids were ready to explode we eventually were told that it was because they couldn't get a double decker bus down the road to Arillas which we doubted having been to San Steffanos 10 years earlier. Once we arrived at Arillas we felt it was all worthwhile as we had one of our best holidays ever (and should have come back last year). Curiouslly we were picked up by a double decker bus on the way back.
We remember eating at Portofina where the owner's daughter was heavily pregnant and really took to our girls, but then they are blonde & blue eyed, and red head & brown eyed who have a spaterring of Greek so the locals took them to their heart.
Anyway cant wait till we get there.
Yasou
Peter

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Mathraki Studios
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 05:52:59 PM »
Hello Peter

Last year when we arrived at the airport to come home there were lots of very irate people at the airport.   It was quite understandable as their flight was checking in at 8pm for a 10pm departure, but their coaches picked them up in Sidari at 3pm and drove direct to the airport where they arrived not long after 4pm
A very long wait especially when you have children.  From what I gather after speaking to others this is not an uncommon occurance, perhaps it was just a problem with one tour operator (it was not Olympic or Libra Holidays).  Hiring a car is a much better option and so easy to organize from this end and unless you get drastically lost you will be cooling of in the pool long before the coach arrives with the others!

Eileen

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Mathraki Studios
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 05:56:43 PM »
P.S. Peter,

We've hired a car a few times from the following company (pick-up and drop off at airport), their prices are very reasonable and each time we've been lucky enough to be upgraded at no extra cost.

www.topcars.gr

Eileen

Offline peter

Mathraki Studios
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 05:53:38 PM »
Thanks Eileen
I've emailed them so we'll see what they come back with. Thed kids are so excited ithink their heads are going to start spinning round.
All the best and thaks again.
Peter

Anonymous

Mathraki studios
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 06:58:08 PM »
Yassou Peter & Family
I am Norms brother in law and have been to Arillas 4 times with their family, we think its a lovley place away from the hussle of english tax paying prices? Corfu/Arillas prices seem to be right?
Anyway we actually havent stopped at Mathraki, but we stopped at Annas studios round the corner and Christos appts. up the hill on left opposite Kostas supamarket,once again all very nice people.
regarding car hire we have always used Arillas car hire which is down hill from Mathraki turn right, 70 yards on left next to the medical care place, they also do currency exchange which is a fair rate. Theo wont be there this year as he has to do 1 Year in army which is compulsory,but his brother or mum & dad will be there, who are the family that own Annas studios just passed Mathraki up hill round s bend on right, they would probably meet you at airport with the car and you just leave it in car park when you return, if you require there e-mail address to find out prices etc. let me know, we found his cars & jeeps to be safe, you can even mention my name if you wish [Paul/Deb & 3 girls]
We are trying to get there end of May again.

Efharisto
 Paul & Deb.

Offline peter

Mathraki Studios
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 07:19:37 PM »
Dear Paul & Deb
We were at Anna Studios 2 years ago and i've sent an email to Theo using the email address on this website however i haven't had an answer if you have an alternative address that you can give me that would be great.
Yasou
Peter

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas rent a car
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 12:15:22 AM »
Hi Peter
As Theos in army at the moment his mum had answered my last e-mail a couple of weeks ago, and with the extra work load they have got getting ready for season ! she might take a few days to reply.
anyway the e-mail address is:-   arillas@otenet.gr     that should get you through?
speak with you soon.

regards     Paul................................

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Mathraki Studios
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2004, 10:38:32 PM »
Hi Eileen,We  have been talking about coming back to Arillas next year and we were wondering which travel company we could book the Mathrika Apartments with.Look forward to hearing from you,cx :)
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Marie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Mathraki Studios
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2004, 11:16:22 PM »
hiya Carol,
Mathraki apartments are done by olympic holidays.
speak to u soon
marie xxxxxxx

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Mathraki Studios
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 11:36:26 PM »
THATS WHAT YOU CALL SERVICE.  :)  Thanks Marie.I,ll be at the travel agent as soon as i finish work tomorrow. :) love carolxxxx  :)
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Re-Mathraki apts
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 01:59:05 AM »
Hello Carol,

As Marie said it is Olympic Holidays and we're off in a few hours for a week. :D  :D  :D (sorry I just had to say that :roll: )

Remember you can book the Mathraki as accomodation only with Olympic and it is very reasonable too (book online and miss out the middleman).  We booked our flights with MyTravel (online) which were much better flight times and also we saved a fortune into the bargain 8)  8)   Please check it out before you book the package deal as the flight only prices are good at the moment for next year.  

We booked our flight for tomorrow back in June and the price has steadily risen since then, I checked it yesterday and it was still dearer even at the last minute.

Good luck and let me know how you get on. :)

Eileenx

Booking.com