Author Topic: Sofrito  (Read 14551 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Sofrito
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 10:25:31 AM »
That would be fun!

I have cooked a greek meal before for about 24 people for an anniversary do and during the summer do a party in the garden, we eat most meals outside then anyway. Even cooked whole fish with herbs and lemons wrapped in wet newspaper (Jamie Olivers idea) in the oven and lamb cooked very slowly on the bbq and you just pull it apart at the table.  Wonderful!

An idea would be for each guest to bring a dish they have made or bought that is greek.  I want to get one of those two ring cookers this year so we can do table top cooking which would be great fun with everyone around, much more sociable.  We love trying out new things.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 11:14:05 AM »
I would love to see your neighbours faces if you had a full lamb roasting on a spit in your back garden, that would be priceless and once they smelt it I bet they would be round asking for some.

Thanks for all your help with the cooking, my Mum bought me a slow cooker before she left and I'm still try to master it so any help is greatly appreciated. It does have a low setting so I'll just bung in all in ingrediants and let it cook during the day, I love coming into the smell of cooking food.

If you do experiment with the lamb Kleftiko please post the recipe on here, lamb is my favourite meat to.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 02:19:32 PM »
Will do... my neighbours do ask what I am cooking most of the time as they can smell it wafting through the windows, its all the garlic.  Ha ha! I dont actually cook a whole lamb, even though I could eat it.  Mike came home with half a pig once and we had to find space in the freezer and all the neighbours freezers for it.  We nicknamed it 'Arfur' (halfa, sorry bad joke!) every time we had pork.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com