Author Topic: Arillas Christmas Day Videos  (Read 17428 times)

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: Arillas Christmas Day Videos
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 09:17:38 PM »
Hi Joe...
I dont mind inserting another page on my site with the links on,so long as members videos uploded to google there should be no problem, (apart from vetting the suitability of course !!! ) and possibly Dimitri could insert a link on the forum to that page...Maybe start a new thread on the forum and see the response...just think VIRTUAL ARILLAS! (or maybe Dimitris could set it up?...
what do you think..
Kes

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »
Sounds great, we just need to get hold of some more videos, may even provide me with an excuse to use mine instead of it gathering dust in the cupboard for most of the year. Should be heading out early May so I'll take it with me, any good suggestions for things/places to video?

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 01:32:58 PM »
Hi Joe,
we are going out May 11th for 2 weeks...As for what to video..I think a walk round the village  would be ok, taking like 30 second to 1 minute shots .could possibly link them someway to refferences on the Aruillas Map....(don`t know how !!! )
Also providing there are no objections some shots of inside Taverna`s..Aptms etc..
I only used the video capability on my digi (stills) camera..but they are ok..
yes sounds a good idea and would deffinately be usefull for first time visitors...
Kes

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »
I shall have a nosey through the archives at work and see if we have any software that may help, I'm sure there must be some virtual tour builder programs around.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
realy only needs a web page with thumbnails of the videos available, location in the village and a desription.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »
I'll take some short movies when I'm over in May...but I warn you Kes I will need plenty of help with uploading them! 

Eileen.x

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 01:20:03 PM »
Eileen..just hit the link below & sign up for account on google video...keep the videos short  say one minute clips.
just follow the instructions its not to difficult

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=videoonline&nui=1&sendvemail=false&skipvpage=true&hl=en-GB&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.co.uk%2Fvideouploadform%3Futm_campaign%3Dgv-ww-hdr%26utm_source%3DEM%26utm_medium%3Dlink

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »
eileen ..durther to last post when vids uploaded j,ust fwd link to me..

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 01:25:15 PM »
eileen ..durther to last post when vids uploaded j,ust fwd link to me..

O.K Kes will do.

Eileen

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »
It really is no more difficult than uploading photo's which you are more than capable of. When using your digital camera you can upload the video (.avi) file straight away, however when using a video camera you need to convert them, Windows movie maker will do this for you and again is very easy to use, it even splits the files up fo you, just connect the camcorder and click convert, don't be afriad to mess around with it you'll be suprised at the results you can get without much effort, I did my mum a video of the dogs for her going away present last year and it turned out great even though it was the first time I tried it.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 02:04:58 PM »
Hey Joe you a bit of a Steven Spielberg on the side?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 02:16:46 PM »
Joe,

I was given my Canon DVD camcorder for a birthday present last July, but I have one BIG confession to make!  All my 'movies' are still on the original discs, I've not sussed out yet how to burn them onto a DVD!  It's becoming kind of expensive buying these little discs for the camera so I think it's about time I taught myself how to do it...all the software came with the camera but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to reading instructions!

As you say if I just messed around with it I'd get there in the end.....maybe!!

Eileen.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2007, 02:31:11 PM »
Hey Joe you a bit of a Steven Spielberg on the side?

I wish, ha ha!

Eileen, just buy a "FireWire" cable such as this (if you're lucky your camcorder may even have come with one) and plug this into your camcorder and PC, windows will then recognize the camera and ask you if you want to convert files from the Camera to the PC, really is that easy I promise. These files can then be edited or uploaded.

Most new computers will have the correct connecters but older ones will need an upgrade card installed inside the machine, that may be difficult depending on how brave you are in opening up your computer, but hopefully you won't need to do that.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »
Joe,

I've just had a ferret around the bottom of the box the camcorder came in and yes there is one of these cables in it.  Now I just need to get my brain into gear and try it out to see what it does.

Providing I have recorded in the right mode I usually view my videos by putting the disc straight  into my computer. 

"Open up my computer"...phew now that would mean trouble!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 05:05:21 PM »
Excellent, I just hope your computer has the connections you need, if its less than 2 years old you should be ok.

Booking.com