Author Topic: The Night Owl  (Read 12674 times)

Offline Carolebabel

Re: The Night Owl
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 11:08:34 PM »
The Night Owl is situated right in amongst the olive trees on the cliff road to Afionas.  It opened in 2005 and is run by an American from New York and her Greek husband who is originally from Afionas.  We have stopped there last year for a welcome drink on our way back from Afionas to Arillas and for lunch this year. They were a very friendly and welcoming couple with two lovely little boys.  They also do evening meals but we were not brave enough to risk the mosquitoes in amongst the trees!

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 12:14:58 AM »
Yes it is run by Linda an American lady and her Greek husband.It is totally chilled with her two boys playing around and lovely basic home cooking.

My husband and Howard took guitars and had a session and everyone joined in. When I say everyone I mean us and them! It is very tiny and you almost feel like a house guest sitting in their kitchen.....lovely!!
gaygo

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 02:57:52 PM »
We've passed this place loads of times when we walked to Afionas via the road.  Never knew what it was called until now.  Every time we've passed there has been a few people there.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
My wife and I always walk to Afionas at least once when in Arillas and have passed this place many times but never ventured in, but after reading this posting I think it is definitely a place to call on our next visit.

Cheers Dave n Anne

Offline slinky

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »
The Night Owl in Afionas is run by Linda and Nick. The Taverna is typically Greek and frequented by many locals, the food is absolutely gorgeous and Linda and Nick are lovely and always helpful...

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 02:01:33 PM »
And.......................................................If you really want to be best buddies with Nickos then pop inside to see all the Owl Trophies.

You could give him a game, providing he's not cooking your meal, or you will have a very long wait!

Great place to be and open during the Winter.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »
Absolutely agree with you Slinky. Linda & Nikos are a terrific couple & they make everyone feel so welcome. The Night Owl is a perfect place to relax, unwind & mingle with the locals + their food is excellent & very reasonably priced.

Where is it? What's it like etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.
Cheers
Negg

I had to laugh at this quote. A lot has changed in 4 years, hasn't it Negg? you could probably get there blindfolded these days!

Sara..xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »
Sara

You lil ole tinker you!
Many the time we have had the honour of being looked after by Linda and cooked for by Nickos only then for Nick to pick up his darts and demolish an overfed man!

His plan of action is carefully decided. - Feed him well and beat him when he's full.
( Yet another darter excuse )

Cheers
Negg

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »
....and now we've been as well!

We've walked past the Night Owl many times but didn't venture in - we WILL go in again next time and stay a little longer

Janis x

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
Go into the Night owl, you will see the most lovely picture of Niko`s mum, and her grandsons.
Lindypops.

Offline garyr

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
Fantastic food at this place, very friendly as you all quite rightly say run by a new yorker and her hubby I would strongly recommend the mixed grill or the pork cho(bloody gorgeous as my son put it) remember to take the mossy stuff mind as its in the olive trees. But I recommend all trek up to this lovely eatery.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 12:10:09 PM »
Only trouble is that you go in for a rest from your walk and finish up staying. lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 12:38:09 PM »
Nowt wrong with that Viv lol, i've only been the once in 2008 when we had the scooter great little place it is too :-)
Tony

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 04:32:40 PM »
jus had lunch there ,,yammas

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »
You lucky people, seems like ages ago we were there, give the donkey a cuddle from me. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com