Author Topic: hackers  (Read 14574 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: hackers
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
Right Joe.  Must try and remember and double check before I send it then. thanks
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
Re: hackers
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:14 PM »
There are "hackers"and there are also posters of stupid messages (spammers).  Both are a real pain for guestbook owners.  On a couple of guestbooks which I look after I now have to approve all postings before they go "public" which means an unfortunate delay. The "spammers" apparently use special software which finds the guestbook and even adds a message automatically. It sounds as though Dimitri's guestbook was "spammed" well and truly.

The worst problem I get is hackers who get in and DELETE ALL the messages.  I have to take care to keep a back-up and my notes on how to re-instate it.

Hackers search the net for guestbooks. The web logs show that they go straight to them without coming from any links so must have the direct address. Often I have traced the source to computers in China, Korea, Japan and the USA.  What would they be doing looking at a Corfu guestbook?

What do they get out of it ? ... presumably some sort of twisted elation in wrecking something.

Dennis

Booking.com