Author Topic: MOZZIES!!!!  (Read 11563 times)

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: MOZZIES!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 08:16:37 PM »
I always get eaten alive, but this year have been to greece twice and only returned with one weenie bite, I used aftersun with mozzie repelent also applied rollon Autan and then sprayed with Autan - the one bite I got I used this new click thing which whilst my husband scoffed at it - it stopped the itching immediately and reduced the redness within an hour - so I wont be leaving home without it in futire - I think it was called Mossiguard click it.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 09:22:26 PM »
I know the little gizmo, I took one in june...but it didnt work for me, the principal is good and no doubt it does work..but  I rest my case
Ang

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 11:07:09 AM »
good advice john
thanks for that
suexx

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 12:56:44 PM »
thanks tracey for the i nfo
about mossie guard
im going to get some
where did you buy it from?
suexx

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 10:53:56 AM »
Sue I bought mine at Tesco they are about £5 but I think I also saw them in Boots
Ang

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 11:30:06 AM »
I remember a local lady told us to keep all the doors and windows (as well as the curtains) shut but leave the shutters open, so that if any blighter does get then it can also get out when reacting to the repellents (sprays, plug ins etc) as these are not "killers" but just repellents.  But, then on the other hand you dont want them getting in at all, but they are death defying and get in anywhere!  I got more bites in Arillas this year than anywhere else I have been on holiday abroad!  Took 3 weeks for the scars to heal on my legs. I hope you fare better.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 12:23:44 PM »
Sue

I bought mine in Boots - superdrug, Asda also sell them - it is called "Click It".

Good luck with it

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 08:52:54 PM »
I bought one on eBay and promptly left it home!  That was a waste of time!

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 09:49:52 PM »
I work as a practice nurse & advise travellers to use repellants with 50% DEET. So acting on my own advise used spray & got four bites on first night out! Also took some mosiguard which I used after that & that worked a treat. Also worth remembering not to wear perfumes or perfumed deodorants, although you wont need it with mosiguard, my husband aid nothing would come near me, it does smell strongly of tea tree oil & citronella.

Karen
x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 10:48:16 AM »
I bought some Shea Butter that smells very strongly of Citronella, works great in the UK, if only I had remembered to take that with me to Arillas too.... I had heard though that they are clamping down on Citronella stuff at the airports is that right?  My theory is that they want you to only buy it in Corfu in the local shops.

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 12:04:25 PM »
I believe Citronella has been banned in commercial fly sprays by the EU from the 1st September this year, this has caused a problem for horse owners as they used this extensively, however you can make your own spray with Citronella.

I went on a weekend to Wales and got bitten (1 week before flying to Corfu), had a nasty reaction to it, my arm swelled to twice its size. Get to Corfu use good old Jungle formula, only 2 bites and no reaction.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »
It's always through the night they get me.  I lock all the windows and check the room, I make sure I am under the cover with only my face showing and the little blighters still manage to bite my feet and ankles.  Spiro tells me he hides them in the wardrobe and gives them instructions to attack through the night.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 09:48:02 PM »
Hi Jill

I had some bites on my feet when I was in Arillas in June.  Got me at the Coconut when we arrived in the early hours and went drinking with Spiro!!  Had forgotten to put on the Autan of course!  He told me to get paddling in the sea and they soon disappeared.

Every night we sat in the back at Portofino after our meal, Spiro would shout "snake" to Jannis and he would bring a burning coil to put under the table!!  We also use these whenever we sit out on the balcony at night - seem to work well and a packet of six can be purchased at Ina's or Alex's for less than 2 euros - bargain!!

Fiona

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 01:16:44 AM »
Good advice!  Will remember that for next year!

Booking.com