Author Topic: North beach  (Read 8956 times)

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: North beach
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2023, 03:40:53 PM »
No change with the beach I'm afraid mate ☹️
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2023, 05:20:41 PM »
After 18 lovely visits  it seems that there has been a major shift in sand positioning in the Arillas bay....the North Bay from in front of Marinaki is almost devoid of sand, although there still seems to be plenty under the sea ! But it's not all bad news as the South Beach is now considerably wider and much more user friendly. Admittedly no beach beds, but loads of room for all sunbathers....unclothed or not ! Perhaps Christina might have to ask the local authority to be more flexible with the licencing regimen in future ?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2023, 09:55:57 PM »
Crawsue

Nature makes her own rules where the beach and incoming tides are concerned.
(Her boss , Mother Earth, also reminds people everywhere who really has control of the elements)

She takes away part of the North Bay and gives you , in return part of the "user friendly" South.

I do not know Christina but I believe she has very little control who wears what , if nothing at all.
and... you do not need a licence to relax in a peaceful surrounding and ignore all nature lovers around you.
Of course , respect must be given by those around you as you would give respect to others .
As you say it is a "user friendly" South Beach. - Room for all who respect the surroundings and users.

Negg

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2023, 12:54:05 AM »
At the risk of sounding like an old fodfie doidie please remember it is illegal to be nude on a beach in Corfu. The problem with the North beach being unacessisible is that the nudist stray further and further from the south beach onto the main.beach used by families and legally so. Each to their own but please be respectful to families and remember that ultimately what you are  doing is illegal. 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2023, 08:18:51 AM »
I think all naturists should have badge to identify them.
But.... where do you pin it???
Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2023, 11:44:11 AM »
🤣

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2023, 04:53:19 PM »
Maybe on the bum, just in case you're not sure once they have walked past you.!!!!

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2023, 06:14:42 PM »
Hi
North end still not 100% but improving
The south end is fine , all though Pedro has had no beds out for past few days.
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2023, 02:11:10 PM »

Hi
we prefer the south beach past Gratsela and keep walking well out of the way no sunbeds no trouble getting to the beach you can walk around the headland good swimming you don’t get familys just walking down to have a look

Kev

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2023, 03:20:13 PM »
Hi
We don’t use any beds on the south side

It is annoying when some , the few, who don’t show respect for others.

Intend to buy our own beds next year if  the north end is not accessible

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2023, 12:01:46 AM »
I think it’s pretty safe to say that you could probably purchase a couple of sun beds in corfu town somewhere seeing as Tourism is the main industry’. If you tend to stay at the same place each year and they aren’t too big I’m pretty sure your apts would store them for you. We leave a large bag with things like towels etc and even a little toaster lol to save keep bringing back over each year. The only downside I suppose is having to carry a sunbed all the way to the beach every day lol

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2023, 06:38:37 PM »
Hi
Have been told you can get sun beds at, what we call B&Q, opposite the Tria

Geoff

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2023, 09:26:55 AM »
Geoff
You could always buy this one and take it home.

12e and collection from "Beach Kostas" - Just let me know.

Negg

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2023, 05:23:01 PM »
I wonder if the two licensed sun bed practitioners to the north of Marinaki (Christina & Spiros ?)will lobby for some licence flexibility in 2024 given that the beach situation has become more “fluid”.
We were astounded at the size of the south beach past Graziella this year …..our memories of it were  of a stony, narrow access to a relatively modest beach……but not in September ‘23……there was plenty of room for everybody, clothed or not…..

Booking.com