Author Topic: General Arillas Info and a Lady with 2 Dogs!  (Read 35243 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: General Arillas Info and a Lady with 2 Dogs!
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »
Smiffo,

Your awesome picture along with almost everbody else's is one of the problem ones, I can see it at work and you can see it fine but many others can't see it (which is a shame, ha ha) including myself at home. The problem is with the original file you uploaded (it's to big which can cause various errors), you need to resize your original picture using the instructions above and upload the new photo then everybody can see you.

All pictures uploaded to the forum should be very small; no one has done anything wrong it's just a limitation of bulletin boards. Obviously you don't have to do this as it works for you already but if you want the rest of the gang on here to see your cheeky mug then you need to resize it, rest assured it won't look any different on the forum.

Joe

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 05:19:37 PM »
Haha thanx Joe you cheeky monkey !!!!

I shall give it a go, wish me luck!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2006, 05:24:33 PM »
Good luck, let me know if you have any problems, it won't be until later tonight I can check to see if its worked though.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »
Oh gosh Joe i havent a clue what to do, i clicked on the link, it said to download the resize program which i did, then another box appeared but i couldnt understand how i get it to do my picture, i had that open in another window, oh its all too complicated for my blode brain :-D !!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2006, 05:35:15 PM »
Have you downloaded it ok? Not sure how far you have got here.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »
Yeah ive downloaded it, then i opened it and a box appeared with all the size coloumns to adjust but i dont know how i get it to do my picture, i had my picture open in another window but i dont know how to get it to acknowledge that fact, its all too much haha!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2006, 06:16:56 PM »
Aha! In the resize window that opens go to File at the top of the screen, then click Add to List your picture won't physically appear in the window but the path to its location on your hard drive will be dipslayed. All you need to do then is change the Height to 60 and the Width to 90. Ignore everything else and click Start.

This will create a small thumbnail of your original picture and will save it along side with a similar filename, all you need to do then is upload the new photo to the forum and Robert's your fathers brother.

Phew!!!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2006, 07:48:16 PM »
love that!  Roberts your fathers brother.... must remember that! ha ha ha!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2006, 09:25:59 PM »
I try.

Resizing your picture sorts out the problem, I'm at home now and can see my photo on the profile. To fix this problem on the forum everyone needs to resize their picture, if anyone needs help with this please ask or email me your picture and i'll resize it for you. I'll send Dimitris a PM to see if he can put an announcement somewhere.

Right I'm officially on holiday now so time for some serious

Have a good weekend eveyone
Joe

Offline jericlin2

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Jericlin
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2006, 09:36:25 PM »
Hi
Just had the shock of my life, it all went like clockwork using Joe's website recomendation, I did not make a single mistake,I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't believe it,  must have been the double gin and bianco ! Hi Blondiegirl, taking about Roberts, my Fathers dad Robert was my Aunts Uncle and her dad John was my Dads Uncle but my Aunts Childrens grandmother was my grandmother ! work that one out and I might buy you drink in Arillas !or any one else who can !
Cheers and thanks again Joe, now I know what I look like, where is the hammer ? look out mirror !
Jericlin

Offline jericlin2

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Jericlin
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2006, 09:40:49 PM »
Checking
So far no image of Smiffy or Blondegirl,
Jericlin

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2006, 11:41:19 PM »
Well done Jericlin thats working perfectly, I have your face staring right at me :-)

Blondegirls's and Smiffy's pictures are still showing the red cross on here to.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2006, 12:03:17 AM »
have a great holiday Joe.  Thanks for all your invaluable advice over the last few months.  By the way, I think you look like a nicer David Walliams! eh..eh..ehhhh

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2006, 04:28:42 PM »
Hi Joe,

Thanx for all that info Joe, i might just take the easy route and email you my picture!!!

I know youre going on holiday on Monday and im off to Spain tomorrow so ill email you when we're both back if thats ok??

Have a fab time and dont get too drunk :-D !!!

Clare.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2006, 12:49:44 PM »
No problem, speak to me when you get back and we'll sort it all out.

have a great holiday Joe. Thanks for all your invaluable advice over the last few months. By the way, I think you look like a nicer David Walliams! eh..eh..ehhhh

Aww, thanks :-)

Booking.com