Author Topic: TUI  (Read 4114 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
TUI
« on: July 26, 2021, 05:39:05 PM »

Hi

Our friends are flying out to Corfu with TUI August 9th. But TUI have sent a email saying your flight is cancelled I have been reading TUI have been cancelling all destinations

Why I thought this would be a good time for TUI To get some money back or are they to big they just don’t care
Just like big companies

Kev

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: TUI
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 06:17:55 PM »
Hi

Not just cancelling flights but changing airports

I think they are consolidating flights

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 05:16:48 PM »

Hi

The only apartments in Arillas who is assigned to Thomson’s TUI is the Kaloudis so how are they doing
We have stayed at the Kaloudis a few times and a lovely place it is staff so friendly especially Roula
So why are Thomson’s do to a flag ship
It would be a shame to see this place disappear
Wake up TUI

KEV

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 09:44:51 AM »
We were due to fly out August 30 with Tui, but they have also cancelled. Booked flights with Jet2 for same dates and saved £100. Result :). Only hope they don't cancel.

Offline june

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 09:58:32 AM »
The first time we came to Kaloudis in 2000 Thomson had 5 or 6 properties in Arillas but over the years these have dwindled to just Kaloudis and as this year Billy and Helens have gone independent so there is very little accommodation with Tui.
We have missed last years and again this years and have got next years booked with fingers and toes crossed that we will be able to go back to Kaloudis and not have to change the holiday

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 03:36:53 PM »
Hi

TUI has just cancelled somebodies holiday at Kaloudis for Sept 6th !!!!!!!!

Now booked Jet 2 at the Rainbow

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Neil C

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 09:22:50 AM »
Hi, we had our TUI holiday to Kaloudis cancelled yesterday. This was due to TUI cancelling the flights from Leeds Bradford as they do not have a based aircraft at Leeds at the moment. So With perseverance we managed to get through to the customer service department and managed to amend the holiday to depart from Doncaster Sheffield Airport. It is our 4th attempt to return to Arillas since the start of COVID so fingers crossed a great result in these uncertain times!

Offline Greenbeans

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 10:18:48 AM »
Yeah we too, TUI have cancelled three flights for us to Corfu, but Jet 2 have come up trumps on two occasions over 2020 - 2012, looking for ward to arriving at the end of this month. :) :) :)

Offline Pollycyp

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 09:20:47 AM »
Can anyone tell us if there are any Tui customers arriving in Arillas? We are booked for the end of September but it sounds as if no Tui passengers have arrived at Kaloudis.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 11:48:45 AM »
Hi

Have read on this, or another forum, that Kaloudis have been letting rooms privately

Keep safe
Geoff

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 03:42:19 PM »

Hi Polly
this is a post I put on when I got back from Arillas  August

Hi Patrick

Hope you and Julia and the rest of the family are well I popped in to see Billy and his wife who work behind the bar and the catering they are doing well their daughter has got a shop opposite the Brouklis she doing ok I can remember her a baby now look time flies by
The Kaloudis is only half full taking on private bookings as TU are not flying to Corfu or if they are not taking holiday makers to Arillas
Nice to see you posting again it doesn’t matter if you put them on before it’s nice to see old pics

Keep well

Kev

Offline Pollycyp

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 08:39:00 PM »
Hi Kev

Thanks for the info, we will have to see what happens over the next few weeks

Polly

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2021, 12:59:03 PM »

Hi
I have just come across this

LONDON - Gatwick airport expects its South Terminal to be kept out of operation through mid 2021.20 Aug 2020

Gatwick keeps South Terminal closed

LONDON - Gatwick airport expects its South Terminal to be kept out of operation through mid 2021. While key user British Airways is looking to restore some European flights out of Gatwick in the upcoming winter season, airport management expects overall demand from airlines to remain idle.
Gatwick airport keeps its South Terminal closed for the time being. Airport CEO Stewart Wingate does not expect enough demand to justify a re-opening of the terminal, he told staff in a meeting, first reported by "Daily Telegraph".

While the airport consolidated traffic to its South Terminal in April, it switched operations to the North Terminal during the first Covid-19 wave.

Airlines, including British Airways, used South Terminal for short-haul flights. British Airways consolidated more short-haul flights at its main base London Heathrow and has only flagged a limited number of flights out Gatwick fpr the winter 2020/2021 season so far.

The chief executive of British Airways-owner IAG Willie Walsh said in May that his personal view was that the airline group should continue to have a presence at London's Gatwick Airport.

"I would like to see us continuing to have a presence at Gatwick but that's just a personal opinion, it's not going to influence the consultation that will take place," Walsh told investors on a calli

Offline Billy M

• I LOVE ARILLAS
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 03:14:37 PM »

Reading some of these messages I stayed at the my first time in Arillas I was about five love the pool
Billy and his wife behind the bar love them we still keep in touch
I just hope Thomsons don’t pullout of Arillas especially the Kaloudis

Billy m

Booking.com