Author Topic: 2021 tests on the way home ???  (Read 10755 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: 2021 tests on the way home ???
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 12:17:40 AM »
All very useful info Jon , cheers 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2021, 12:21:18 AM »
A cheaper option is to use one of the govt approved companies offering Antigen/ Lateral flow tests which you can purchase at home and take to Greece with you to use before you return. As long as you have internet access they may be the easiest option.  Medicspot £45, and  Qured, £39 are two companies offering this service.

Offline Jon B

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2021, 04:30:59 PM »
Thanks very much for the steer re these companies... Have bought a Medicspot kit as it seemed to be an easier validation process.. Take a snap of the result, email or WhatsApp it a cross and get the written confirmation emailed by return... What could possibly go wrong!!.. Thanks again for the info... Jon.B

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 08:08:43 PM »
Thanks Jon . I presume that mediscopt are a gov approved one. Could you provide a link to their website please. Thanks

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2021, 08:35:12 PM »
https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/return-antigen

Hi Sonia, they state they are govt approved. Should be easy to check out.

Offline Jon B

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2021, 04:21:00 PM »
Help!!!!
I ordered my lateral flow test for pre departure to the UK from Medicspot on Thursday. Was promised next day delivery, only to find out today, that due to problems with their couriers, DPD, this test kit is going to be delivered on Tuesday, by which time I will be airborne, arriving in Arillas that afternoon for my 3 week holiday.

I wonder if anyone knows someone who will be arriving in Arillas in the next couple of weeks who could order one (£45) and bring it for me?.. As you can imagine I am still seething at being let down at the last minute and being left high and dry.. Woe.. Jon B

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2021, 02:41:52 PM »
I would have come over even if the island was still in the Amber section, but as I have had 2 flights cancelled for the 21st and 20th, with different airlines, I have no choice. I had a great hire car package £200 for 2 weeks all in. But the big barrier was that, my wife said no way! I did suggest I could go out and give it go , that did not go down well😂

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2021, 08:03:19 AM »
John B I presume you have not had both vaccines so that is why you are getting a lateral flow test. I work in a school and do these twice weekly but I’m sure they are available for free from the government at your local pharmacy/docs? They are very straightforward to use

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2021, 09:02:33 AM »
Jo, Jon was referring to the pre-departure test for return to the UK so he would not have to find somewhere in Corfu to have the test. The NHS tests are not accepted for this.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2021, 07:02:54 PM »
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

So lateral flow tests are accepted - but not NHS tests.
But can you get a LATERAL FLOW TEST and take it with you  (- or not?) - or would you not get the result back in time?

Clear as mud!

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2021, 08:12:32 PM »
There are several companies that sell you the test for you to take with you. You self test and send them the result and they email you the certificate or some supervise your test via a video call. Full details on their web sites. Here's a couple of examples:
https://www.medicspot.co.uk/covid-test/enter-uk
https://qured.com/covid-rapid-tests

Offline Jon B

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2021, 06:57:05 PM »
Dai, thanks again for the heads up on these two companies. I ordered a lateral flow test from Medicspot, and after a few nervous days when their next day delivery promise failed, it eventually turned up on Monday and was packed in my case and is here with me in Arillas. The oh so bitter irony, is that the test kit, as per the free NHS kits, are manufactured in China. You couldn't make it up, and you wouldn't want to!... Jon B.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2021, 08:56:42 AM »
How does it feel to be back Jon and how was the travelling experience?

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
Yes Jon , tell us more 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jon B

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2021, 07:38:25 PM »
It's great to be back in Arillas... that goes without saying, such a pity that there are so few folks here, especially Brits, but with the cost of tests after 2 and 8 days it's hardly surprising, and then of course there is all the isolation hoopla, which so many simply cannot afford to do... Hence, so many staying at home. 30 folks on my Ryanair flight from Bham on Tuesday, jab data and Greek PLF checked check both at Bham and upon arrival at Corfu, but no sign of random testing at Corfu. A tip for anyone travelling later would be to try and print off copies of both the PLF and jab or PCR details. Many had this on their phones and seemed to spend ages faffing about trying to find the relevant file... If it were to get busy later, this could easily cause delays and unpleasantness!. Nice to see many places now open, or preparing to open... Let's hope the UK govt do approve proof of 2 jabs as being sufficient to remove the 10 day isolation period... Should that happen, fingers crossed, then the visitors numbers across Europe will shoot up. Jon B.

Booking.com