Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 14th May 2021  (Read 26847 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

Hi

I had the same i did not send photo i left it for a day tried it again it worked ok all my vaccines and all my medical records
straight away some do some dont

kev

Offline Jon B

Don't know if this will help, but if you have smart phone or tablet, people should download the NHS app... This is different from the NHS covid 19 track and trace app. The NHS app once installed on your device will contain not only your jab details, but also your medical records, prescriptions and the ability to reorder. So useful, not only when in the UK, but could be invaluable when abroad.

Absolute cazillions of cash has been thrown at the NHS to produce this, yet its never promoted and so few know of it.... and that includes Dr's receptionists!  Greece will admit you in, providing you have proof of having  2 jabs at least 14 before flying in, and the NHS app will provide that.

Also, as at today, when returning to the UK, you have to have purchased in advance your day 2 and day 8 PCR test kit's. I am flying in next week with Ryanair, and they have an arrangement with a pharmaceutical company called Randox, whereby these can be bought in advance at a discounted rate. Mine cost me £120 for the 2 and they arrived within 24 hours. These PCR kits all have a unique ref number which I believe you have to include on your UK PLF which you have to complete before you fly home, so if you are an independent traveller, plan ahead.

I think most airlines or tour companies will offer these to travellers at discounted rates as its a mandatory requirement for people returning to the UK.

Fingers crossed at the  next review, Greece gets on the green list, so only a day 2 PCR is required. Hope this helps, but a reminder to get the NHS app installed... Jon Bell

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi Geoff, I have just managed to download the nhs app (had to send a photo of my passport as proof of ID) but can’t seem to find anything that says have had my vaccinations
What have I done wrong??
Ger x

Hi Ger
You have to wait for the system to prove you identity the way you did it. It can take several days.
I got fed up waiting and went to my GP reception.
Take proof of identity, passport or driving licence, and ask for online access to your medical records. Complete the form supplied. Select all the boxes asking what you want access to.
My practice sends you  a text  with the access codes you need. Val's practice gave them to her there and then
The codes are only valid for 5 days

Download the NHS England App, not test and trace one as Jon B said

Click on the NHS App and complete your details. When asked do you have a letter from your GP, click Yes.
Enter the codes you have been given.
Access to your records is more or less instant

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi Geoff, I have just managed to download the nhs app (had to send a photo of my passport as proof of ID) but can’t seem to find anything that says have had my vaccinations
What have I done wrong??
Ger x

Hi Ger
You have to wait for the system to prove you identity the way you did it. It can take several days.
Take proof of identity, passport or driving licence, to your GP receptionist and ask for online access to your medical records. Complete the form supplied. Select all the boxes asking what you want access to.
My practice sends you  a text  with the access codes you need. Val's practice gave them to her there and then

Download the NHS England App, not the test and trace one, as Jon B said

Click on the NHS App and complete your details. When asked do you have a letter from your GP, click Yes.
Access to your records is more or less instant.

As Jon B says you must purchase your day 2 and day 8 isolation PCR tests before you depart Greece if still amber. The test ref number has to be entered on the PLF otherwise you will not be allowed to board the return flight.

If Corfu is  green you only need a negative PCR test to leave and return home. Failure to get one 3 days before you depart means you will not be allowed to board  the return flight.

Keep safe

Geoff

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

Hi
Can someone tell me why there is different prices for PCR testing from £75  to £150

Kev

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi
Supply and demand.
Greed and profiteering

Keep safe
Geoff

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
HI Kev

This week the EU are due to confirm their Vaccine Passport that will allow all EU citizens to travel free of any tests and quarantine throughout the EU.
The UK, with some other countries, are expected to be added to that list .
but
Individual EU countries are free to make their own rules. Greece and Spain have agreed  to let in UK citizens with proof of 2 vaccinations 14 days before arrival.

So if you have not done so,  you will need to  download the NHS England App ( not test and trace) where you will see a QR code showing proof of vaccination.

Dont forget the PLF

Hope that helps

Keep safe

Geoff

Hi

The EU did not include the UK on their vaccine passport due to start on July 1st  because of the  the Indian variant .They did allow Iceland and and Norway to join.

Immaterial now as Greece will accept our passport anyway.

Keep safe

Geoff

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
What have I done wrong??
Ger x

Hi Ger
Take proof of identity, passport or driving licence, and ask for online access to your medical records. Complete the form supplied. Select all the boxes asking what you want access to.

Download the NHS England App, not test and trace one as Jon B said

Access to your records is more or less instant

Keep safe

Geoff

Hi Ger
Did you sort out your NHS app?

Geoff

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

We still do not know if our flight is going end of July they have moved it once who knows what is happening

Our trip to Kenya is off so far it is still in the red we will move it to February

So p##s off with it all I know I am not the only one

Kev

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Hi Geoff I admitted defeat and rang my doctors! Yep I need to fill in a form and present myself and photo ID at the surgery! Have the form will fill in and visit surgery this week, not allowed in have to talk to them through a window from the car park!! Strange times x

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi Geoff I admitted defeat and rang my doctors! Yep I need to fill in a form and present myself and photo ID at the surgery! Have the form will fill in and visit surgery this week, not allowed in have to talk to them through a window from the car park!! Strange times x

Hi

Almost there. If I can help let me know. I found it easier to delete the original app I had downloaded . When I got the codes from GP downloaded the app again and started afresh. Click  yes to doctors letter and no problem.
Make sure you tick all the check list on the doctors form to be sure you get access to what you want.
Geoff

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Thanks Geoff x

Offline june

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Hi
I'm wondering if anyone from Wales has used the Welsh Government vaccine letter as opposed to getting a PCR test and also if anyone has flown from Bristol recently. It's not very clear online

Booking.com