Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 14th May 2021  (Read 26838 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
I have there is going to be an announcement today about the traffic list of countries.  Is this true does anyone know?

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
Yes, 5pm today 🤞

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
And its not good for Greece 🙁
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Just heard there is going to be no changes to the list so looks like Corfu still amber.  I wonder when the next review is. So disappointed.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Well and truly fed up now if this is going to be the case. We have all followed the rules, got vaccinated with god knows what long-term side effects yet we still don’t get any freedom. It’s the uncertainty that is the worst thing. They should have said deffo no foreign travel or only fully vaccinated allowed to travel with negative test before being let back into the UK.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
It's going to hit everyone involved the travel industries very hard & it is very disappointing. We have held on to a faint glimmer of hope that we might be going. We have all been vaccinated & followed the rules.
I fear that next year when we can travel there won't be anywhere to go because everywhere will have gone bust.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
I still have hope for July but I suppose it depends on what happens with the Covid rates between now and then? God it’s never bloody ending!!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Portugal are being moved to the amber list and no new countries will be added to the green list,its all to do with a new variant from Nepal and it seems it is resistant to the vaccines
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/portugal-removed-from-green-list-of-covid-travel-destinations/ar-AAKFCZb?ocid=msedgntp
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
I don't think Greece, or Corfu was ever going to be on the Green List this time round. Regardless of the situation in UK recent articles have publicised the poor take up of the vaccine in Corfu, and this is one of the criteria the UK govt look at. Also several reports of enforced school closures and of UK tourists ignoring the mask wearing regulations in Corfu won't help.
I have booked for July and am hoping that Corfu goes Green at the next review in three weeks time but it depends on the situation in Greece as much as the situation at home.
All we can do is cross our fingers, agree to follow whatever rules are imposed at home and in Greece and hope for the best.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
The plan of Boris Johnson, blessings and peace be upon him, is to keep all UK folk in the UK. This puts extra pennies in the UK pot and keeps those pennies in the UK. (Go to Butlins...e3500 for 2 weeks!)
He makes life dificult for those who want to return to the real World, and have freedom of choice.

I find it very sad to see a 28 deg Arillas and a deserted beach with many Tavernas open now but few guests to use them. We are pretty damm safe, here,  thanks to treating Covid with respect.
But... the UK Goverment dictate where you can go , with ease, and slap these extra restrictions (pressures) on you guys who just want to take a well earned break.
(Possible Insurance problems, isolation on return?? - They are 'aving a laff!!!
We seem to be prisoners in whatever Country we reside in. It is just as difficult to get from Corfu to the UK.
So..... bottom line .... when is Greece open for UK TOURISM?
And .. forgive me if I am not up to date with what UK Parliament have decided.
Cheers
Negg

Offline philippa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Hi from Philippa
It is crazy - there are now flights to greece from Innsbruck . Crete Zakintos Kos Kefalonia etc - sadly not Corfu .Corfu go from Muc and Dusseldorf for our G friends!
My friend Jane  ( in afionas ) has flight cancelled from Bristol but is flying from Gatwick!! tomorrow

Our borders are being controlled  - Italy quarantinne - BRD has different rulea - Slovenia different rules -CH the same and F
What ghe hell are you supposed to do!!!!!! Get vacinated!!!
Miss Arillas like hell

Offline Jon B

The UK govt will review the traffic light system for foreign travel on 28/6...but it must be obvious to everyone that the UK govt is totally paranoid about introducing new strains of covid into the UK. This is despite the fact that so many have had two jabs and are therefore very unlikely to do so. Therefore the Amber smoke screen is their way of saying we really don't want anyone to have overseas holidays this year, stay home and boost our own economy, and by keeping all popular holiday hotspots on the Amber list, and imposing isolation rules, they make it very difficult for so many to enjoy a long overdue and much needed break. Grant Shapps would not agree, but to everyone else with a single brain cell, we know what they are trying to do. .. Jon Bell

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
We live in a Holiday area (Devon) and most of the locals do not want people holidaying here.Just going into Exeter still does not feel safe.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

Hi
I agree with Jon B
Boris has to replace the money he spent on his flat haha🤣

Kev

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

HI

Anyone travelling to Greece must comply with the Greek authorities’ requirements, including completion of a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before you travel (both into and out of Greece). Read this section of the travel advice in full and check Greek authorities’ advice to understand how these requirements apply to you.

You must wear a face mask at all times when on an aeroplane, bus, train or ferry travelling to or from Greece; and whilst at airports.

The following measures are in place with respect to travel to Greece:

Travellers must fill in a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) no later than 11.59 PM of the day before arriving in Greece. Please see below for further guidance on the Passenger Locator Form.
Arrivals from the UK must provide either; proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test, undertaken within the 72 hour period before arrival into Greece, or proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations completed at least 14 days before travel (see Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status). Travellers with proof of either are exempted from the need to self-isolate on arrival to Greece.

l (see Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status).

If you live in England, Greece will accept the NHS app or your NHS letter to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status. You should not use your NHS vaccine appointment card to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Passenger Locator Form
You must complete an online Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at least 24 hours before your arrival in Greece.

kev

Booking.com