Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July  (Read 27991 times)

Offline Theresa

Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2020, 04:39:34 PM »
Hi Theresa - we just returned from Arillas last week and restaurants are not taking peoples contact details.  Hope this helps.

Thank you Sonja that's very helpful. I hope you had a lovely holiday.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2020, 06:12:53 PM »
But...they take my contact details as they need to get me home if I have excess Ouzo!!
(You would think they know my address by now!!)

But.... Theresa , Seriously.. I am around Arillas every day and rules are followed and all enjoy.
Even a local , as I am , must not divert from these rules.
... Today I was asked to wear my mask when throwing darts. (The board is inside/under cover)
and of course no complaints from me!

I see many smiling faces , every afternoon, which move easily towards the evening.
You guys are a very lucky lot to be here - and, of course , very wise in picking the right location.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Theresa

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »
Thank you so Eggy you're very kind to respond  this all sounds wonderful we hope to be there tomorrow evening 🤞🤞🤞

But...they take my contact details as they need to get me home if I have excess Ouzo!!
(You would think they know my address by now!!)

But.... Theresa , Seriously.. I am around Arillas every day and rules are followed and all enjoy.
Even a local , as I am , must not divert from these rules.
... Today I was asked to wear my mask when throwing darts. (The board is inside/under cover)
and of course no complaints from me!

I see many smiling faces , every afternoon, which move easily towards the evening.
You guys are a very lucky lot to be here - and, of course , very wise in picking the right location.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2020, 11:13:17 AM »
Hope it all goes to plan , for you.
Negg

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2020, 08:23:20 PM »
Yes. We felt safe when there.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2020, 08:49:24 PM »
and.. Sonia , still just as safe. (As long as you don't dawdle, in middle of the road, when Puntos coming)
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2020, 09:41:09 AM »

Hi
No checking PLF at Gatwick or Stansted airport  on returning
Our friends said the other day no one was at Gatwick to check
And last night no one at Stansted to check
All the stress to make sure you fill the form out right for the flight home
On the return home you get one thing wrong a gap or full stop it rejects it

So what is PLF for if no one is checking

Bev

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »
Couldn't agree more Bev !!! Ridiculous
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »
All this form filling that is required when returning to the UK is just a ploy so that the government can say they are doing something in respect of tracing you if they need to.

As a UK citizen and living in the UK why do they need you to fill in the form

Your Pasport wich they scan contains your information, and when returning they already have the information where you have traveled from.

So there's no need to fill in the form and no need to check a form if your a UK citizen returning home.

Offline miniboxer30

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2020, 03:02:38 PM »
My Anxiety levels are through the roof!!  Hoping and praying we get there on Thursday and chillax and there are no last minute cancellations from uk government or Greece, flying from LBA.  I’m glad everyone has had a fabulous time. Just can’t wait to get there with my family. I’ve been keeping my eye on the lovely FB pictures. They are amazing. Safe travels everyone

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2020, 03:53:58 PM »
We are keeping everything crossed for our flight on the 25th.good to know thought that Arillas as nice and safe,
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2020, 06:10:52 PM »
Mini B and Harold... Cause you will get here safe and will quickly become chilled thinking twas all a bad dream and you have just woken to the sunshine which will tan you slowly and without fuss.

We all have masks here and you will see a few. We also follow guidance rules and keep a distance but we also appreciate new company and you will feel at ease at all times.

But...... any misbehaviour and you will soon be punished , *An afternoon with Mick, at Tria* bummer!!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline miniboxer30

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »
Mini B and Harold... Cause you will get here safe and will quickly become chilled thinking twas all a bad dream and you have just woken to the sunshine which will tan you slowly and without fuss.

We all have masks here and you will see a few. We also follow guidance rules and keep a distance but we also appreciate new company and you will feel at ease at all times.

But...... any misbehaviour and you will soon be punished , *An afternoon with Mick, at Tria* bummer!!!

Cheers
Negg

Lol. I have no doubt in my mind that once I get back to Arillas it will all drift away. I can’t wait to meet new folks x stay safe

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2020, 09:43:39 AM »
Oh Dear!!!

Each morning on arrival at work my 1st job is to log on to our Forum to see the latest news whilst enjoying my 1st coffee of the day.

I then log onto the Corfu Forum which I have been following avidly since the pandemic 1st broke.

If you follow the link it would seem Corfu (& Greece) are now also fully caught up in the second wave of Covid.

http://www.corfu-forum.com/forum/general-discussion/coronavirus-covid19-local-information-8968/675/

Like everyone I find it difficult to quantify figures to actual events but there definitely seems to be an alarming upsurge in cases and surprisingly less than 8% of these are attributed to tourism!!

Our thoughts are with you - Stay Safe

Neil & Jill

Booking.com