Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July  (Read 27998 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 02:44:17 PM »
Hi

For info

The top 5 world death rates per million of population:

Total  Deaths                    Deaths per Million as of June 16th           

Belguim              9661                                        845.82
UK                      41736                                      627.71
Spain                 27136                                      580.78
Italy                   34371                                      568.76
Sweden              4891                                       480.30
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 12:27:34 AM »
This week  we had the first arrivals on some villas and Apartments ( via Athens or by car) and from the first July  we are expecting the first direct flights to Corfu.
 almost all restaurants and bars are going to open at least from the 15th of July... we are not expecting loads of visitors this year.
 However, we are planing to make the most of it. some small Accommodation places are not going to open but the majority of Arillas Business is willing to open as long as there are flights coming directly to Corfu.
 Our Taverna will be opening probably only for dinner and leave the lunch business for other establishments.
 I'm going to spend the daytime with my family on the beach.  It is a dream that I have always wanted to happen. I wasn't expecting it  to be as bad as a global pandemic but never the less we must leave with it now.
 Our government has made plans and rules for the tourism . If we all follow them there is not going to be a single problem.
 Arillas is waiting for you as much as you are looking forward to it!!!
Flashing news!!! the GURUS of Arillas  ( some of you call them Tree-Hugers) have announced that they are not going to be hugging each-other for 10 minutes etc any more. They will be greeting each other with a common "Namaste" gesture.
 I'm looking forward to see you all  who are planing to travel again . I feel so sorry that I will probably not be able to greet you the way I always do.... this the only thing I hate with the covid19 measures. until then... instead of shaking hands, hugs and kisses....  I will have to think of something.... wait for it!!! 

Today it was a perfect day for the beach! I stayed there until sunset .... the last time I did this it was about 40 years ago!!! YES!
 Best regards,

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 12:52:13 AM »
Just seen this on facebook .
Perhaps it's worthy looking at it.
Welcome to Greece!Beginning July 1, 2020, the Greek government has determined how the country will welcome travellers, carry out the necessary diagnostic screening and keep everyone safe throughout the season.
The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is a key element in the planning. All travellers are obliged to complete their PLF at least 48 hours before entering the country, providing detailed information on their point of departure, the duration of previous stays in other countries, and the address of your stay while in Greece.

https://travel.gov.gr/#/
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 02:22:09 AM »
Fabulous read Dimitris and a glimmer of hope for all of us hoping to visit this year x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 02:23:32 AM »
I think what you are doing is whats known as 'making the most of a bad deal' mate!
Enjoy the extra time you will be having with your family and take care. 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 09:15:55 AM »

Hi

Hope to see you soon

Keep safe and enjoy

Kevin

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 10:55:26 AM »
Hi Dimitris

Thanks for the information, which I have passed on to Rosie and Hannah. We are all coming in September (the Gods willing), and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Best wishes
Paul.

Offline joannebrereton

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 11:25:08 AM »
Thank you for keeping us up to date Dimitris, we really hope to be visiting later in July ♥️🙏 xx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 12:42:13 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimi, as you already know Pete and I will not see the Arillas branch of our family untell next year. We are upset about it but just don't want to risk anything either bringing it to you or getting it ourselfs. Give Litsa and the boys a big hug and kisses from us and off course Mum. Just keep enjoying the beach, the photos are great. Keep your hat on.  Agape Plilia xxxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2020, 01:35:48 PM »
Thank you so much Dimitris for such positive news. This has given me hope .

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2020, 02:46:08 PM »
Hi Dimitris you cannot hide from me for long, thanks for the info and if God and Mary are willing we will see you in September.
Love to all in Arillas.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2020, 06:52:13 PM »
Bugger............. Have I got MIck , as in M n M , to look forward to in September.??? - Life is cruel!!!
Stay well Mick n Mary and hoping that you will still refuse to buy me a beer, when youm 'ere.
Cheers
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »
just announce no flights from the uk into Greece until 15th July

Administrator
Thank You
-Given: 20
-Receive: 621

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Coronavirus - Covid19 Local/National Information and Updates
« Reply #331 on: Today at 05:16:09 PM »
QuoteThank You
https://primeminister.gr/2020/06/29/24281

From Prime Minister Mitsotakis today.

A wide-ranging meeting under Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis was held today at the Maximos Palace, ahead of the country's opening to tourism on July 1st.

The meeting was attended by the Minister of Health Vassilis Kikilias, the Minister of Digital Government Kyriakos Pierrakakis, the Minister of Shipping and Island Policy Giannis Plakiotakis, the Minister of Tourism Haris Theogeris Theocharis Yamarisias Yafirilias Niasdias Kiasias of the Ministry of Civil Protection and Protection The Deputy Minister despite the Prime Minister in charge of Coordination of the Government Project Akis Skertsos, the President of EODY Panagiotis Arkoumaneas, the professor of Infectious Diseases Sotiris Tsiodras and executives of the competent authorities of all competent ministries have been reviewed. .

They also discussed how to perform the targeted tests, the protocols at all the entrance gates of the country (the relevant information has been posted on the site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, www.mfa.gr) as well as the transfer protocols in hospitals and reference hotels in case of cases.

As for the third countries, outside the European Union, Greece intends to move on the basis of the list compiled by the EU, while until July 15, direct flights from the United Kingdom and Sweden will not be allowed.

Prerequisite for entry into the country is the mandatory completion, 48 hours before, of a special form on the platform https://travel.gov.gr with the details of the incoming, the country of origin and the place where he will stay in Greece.

Kyriakos Mitsotakis pointed out that "the whole opening process is dynamic and the data will be constantly evaluated". The Prime Minister also called for maintaining the very good level of cooperation that exists to this day between the Ministries. "It simply came to our notice then. And mistakes and failures are inevitable, but with good cooperation and timely action we can deal with them, "he said.

A common finding was that proper preparation has been made at all levels, so that there is maximum security for both visitors and residents.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Archie

• so lucky, moved to corfu 2020 ...
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
Yesterday i filed in the PLF online document for our flight on Wednesday 01.07.2020 from Germany (FRA - CFU) .... I get only a confirmation e-mail and no QR code ... we will see what happens .... Arillas we are coming ... we waited so long ...

Booking.com