Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July  (Read 28001 times)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2020, 09:34:51 PM »
No flights with Jet2 from Leeds to Corfu before 15th July
Karen

Offline Luvly Dave

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 10:05:45 PM »
Our flights to Corfu have just been cancelled with Easy jet. So it will be 2021 before we are back in beautiful Arillas.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 09:34:37 AM »
Us too. I feel we were so close, we only had 23 sleeps!
Karen

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict

Offline claretman1

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »
Due to come 21st August with Jet2 so flight still on from Manchester. Don't know yet if Horizon is to re-open because I'm not sure if they can operate and observe the current Greek hotel regulations. Don't know yet if I can cancel/re-book my flight. Maybe I'll lose my money. Don't know yet what will happen regarding the deposit I paid the Horizon by Bank transfer.

If Greek quarantine regulations are still in place by then, I doubt if we will be keen (especially if we test negative) on staying the night at the airport courtesy of the Greek government followed by 7 nights quarantine, hopefully at the Horizon, and we are only there for 10 days.  Then on our return we have another 14 days quarantine to enjoy in the UK. 

It appears I will have to book 2 taxis to and from the airport because only 1 person is allowed in a 5 seater taxi, even if we are from the same household.  Then there are the rules in the hotel on limited room cleaning, sunbed disinfecting, pool occupancy, no buffets etc, etc.

In these circumstances I am becoming increasingly pessimistic that we will be coming, much as we want to support the re-opening to tourists of this wonderful place and the livelihood of the villagers.  As I see it, in the next 72 days the following has to happen before we could travel.

1. UK FCO advice on non essential travel to be relaxed otherwise Travel Insurance invalid.
2. Main UK airports to be declassified as high risk locations.
3. UK quarantine regulations to be relaxed.
4. Greek tourist and hotel Covid regulations to be relaxed.

Anyone suggest any grounds for optimism?

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »
I read an article that the UK quarantine will be ended on 29th June. Don’t know if it’s true was in the independent. It all depends if Greece relax their rules really

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2020, 05:50:07 PM »
News today is that sky bridges will be coming in before long which will allow us Brits to travel to the likes of Spain, Italy and Greece without self isolation either end and leave in place quarantine/self isolation for trips to and from the likes of  Brazil, Mexico or other countries that cases are on the rise.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2020, 06:44:12 PM »
Hi
I am concerned that we will have another spike in the infection rate.
Our government are doing the right thing, but to late.
When you look at seaside resorts, national parks, royal parks etc, that attract many thousands of non isolating people as soon as the sun comes out It beggars belief the mentality of these people.
I hope I am wrong

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2020, 07:14:50 PM »
There are always going to be spikes, no coronavirus in history has been tracked like this and daily statistics may fluctuate. Its the week on week that gives a better picture. As long as the downward trend continues (hopefully some of the selfish protesters wont screw things up too much) some of us may yet get a summer holiday in Corfu. Fingers crossed.

Offline Mulberry

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2020, 06:56:13 PM »
Nothing, unfortunately is hopeful. - I do not think any UK guests will be here in August. - Any tourists here for end July onwards will find a very different Arillas. with some places not opening and locals being very wary of getting too close. - Say it as I feel it, sadly.
Tourists will enjoy a super stay but must appreciate, and probably will appreciate that the situation is not easy for all.
-- But they will receive the usual Arillas friendly welcome. -and very sincere it will be
However the recovery, from lock down/isolation , has taken it's toll and has already put many , all over the globe ,  a tad cautious about sharing space and time with anyone who are "strangers" - (my gloves,and mask and gel are still in the car)
Cheers
Negg

-

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2020, 07:57:15 PM »
That's cheered me up no end mate, thanks 🤣🤣
I am with you, its not going to happen 🙁
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 10:06:23 AM »
Eggy, what if anything is currently open in Arillas out of interest?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »
Hi Jo,
Ina's Supermarket and coffee shop is open for business as is Beach Kostas and Beach Point. At the moment they are the only Sea front places,
You can still get a good Pizza, at Pizzeria, in the evening. Takeaway is offered but eat in if preferred. Night Owl , Afionas is open for meals and I think there is a place beyond that but not sure of the name. Ag. Stephanos has a couple of places, to eat , but Three W's was closed , when I went past a few days ago.  Brouklis, unless any changes in the last couple of days, is closed as is Armourada. However, I am sure that they are still taking bookings for their Appts.

In Kavadaddes we still have Mon Amour and a few places is Sidari. Good to eat, at Chinatown, the other evening.

Obviously I hope that August will bring better times, for all , but with New Zealand having two more people test positive. after reporting an "all Clear" a while ago does not help "Our Cause" - Sadly , according to the news they were both UK residents who had flow over for a funeral.

Finally,and only a small point to make. If anyone from anywhere gets here , from July , it could be likely that they will find a "Sunbed Free" beach.
Taverna and Restaurant owners all pay for a Summer license, for their slice of the beach, May to September I think. They probably will not recoup the 3 months they have lost. Also none may have applied for this license which I believe would have been April time
(Possibly, the local Councils etc may make a concession to the license cost, if any should require one??)
Be Well
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2020, 02:26:51 PM »
Cheers for the info mate .
I think the sunbed free beach will probably suit a lot of people on here.
Have you had much feedback on whether things will all be opening for the tourists from the 1st July when tourists form some countries can visit again?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com