Author Topic: Kavadaddes Today  (Read 15722 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Kavadaddes Today
« on: April 23, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »
Overnight rain put 26mm in the rain guage and drizzle most of the morning. Outside temp has just crawled it's way up to 15deg at 2:30pm , our time.
Lack of motivation, today , makes it one of the hardest days, for me, since Lockdown.
But....... I can give you some pics that Wegg took on her recent Kavadaddes/Magoulades walk.

Quite a lot of these Judas Trees about.
and. this one for Kevin to get his teeth into but not literally.

and the Village

and......  here;s a rather nice "little box"

Dimitris is correct about May 4th when lock down procedures will be reviewed. I wouldn't mind if they just opened the local DIY shops. One of my strimmers needs urgent repair and I have run out of paint for the exterior walls. - Worse things, in life, to think about though.
Cheers
Negg

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Kavadaddes Today
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 03:43:26 PM »
Lovely, Thanks to Wendy for taking them and sharing. Stay Safe. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 03:51:19 PM »

Hi Neil

Having a look and having a look through my library
If you are bored practice some darts
I got Bev running around the garden with a dart board i got to get 40+
If I hit Bev it’s a black eye for me 😂

Kev

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 07:49:31 PM »
Nice photos Negg 👍.
21 and sunny in Wolves today 😎
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 03:06:37 PM »
Hi Karl
We are close to 20deg , here today , so hopefully back out in the garden , tomorrow.
You will see , from this bedroom balcony pic, that the veggie planting is taking shape.

The recent rain has sprung everything into life. - Including the weeds !!
Cheers
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 05:49:29 PM »
Lovely pics
I'm sure Kavadaddes featured in "A Place in  the Sun - Home or Away"
It was a few years ago and I watched from the series that were posted on this website.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 01:36:22 AM »
You're a lucky man Negg..... never forget that mate 😉

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 10:16:14 AM »

Hi Neil

Equisetum horsetail, marestail, snake grass, puzzlegrass
 is the only living genus in Equisetaceae, a family of vascular plants that reproduce by spores rather than seeds.
Equisetum is a "living fossil", the only living genus of the entire subclass Equisetidae, which for over 100 million years was much more diverse and dominated the understory of late Paleozoic forests. Some equisetids were large trees reaching to 30 m (98 ft) tall. The genus Calamites of the family Calamitaceae, for example, is abundant in coal deposits from the Carboniferous period. The pattern of spacing of nodes in horsetails, wherein those toward the apex of the shoot are increasingly close together, inspired John Napier to invent logarithms.

A superficially similar but entirely unrelated flowering plant genus, mare's tail (Hippuris), is occasionally referred to as "horsetail", and adding to confusion, the name "mare's tail" is sometimes applied to Equisetum.

Despite centuries of use in traditional medicine, there is no evidence that Equisetum has any medicinal properties.

often called mare's tail, is an invasive, deep-rooted perennial weed that will spread quickly to form a dense . Once established, it has roots that extend to 2m deep, and spreads by means of creeping rhizomes
Best Weed-killer and method to kill Horsetail weed.
Mix Glyphosate with a small amount of wallpaper paste until it becomes sticky enough to stick to the waxy horsetail stems and leaves without running off. On a dry day, brush or spray the mix directly onto the Horsetail.

if you do not want this weed ask Helen for some weed kill i gave her let me know how you get on

https://www.progreen.co.uk/content/kill-horsetail-marestail/

kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 03:25:44 PM »
Kevin - Thanks for the info - This was spotted , by Wegg , on her morning jaunt. - None in our garden.
Suzy - I think I know the place you are thinking of. - Nice house but the drawback was the idea of the local Council siting a large water tank, on the land, close to the property. - Locals, around there, feed of it so the pump is working most of the time.
Karl - We are lucky and worked very hard to be here.  We must not take it for granted. When I am on a "downer" I go to the bottom of our drive and look ahead.
House/Flowers/Location etc is a good reminder of all those years we slogged away.

So, guys..... the recent rain has done it's bit and many garden areas are waking up.

Wysteria springing to life on the Pergola side.

Just one of our many pots. - Reckon Kevin will tell me what this is. - (Wegg knows but I know diddley)
I do like this one though. - C/mon Kevin... Tell people.#

and finally , the view from our local Post Office

Wottaniceouse!!
A rather respectable 21 deg, at 2pm , and very quiet. - Wonder why that is??. - But I reckon, by 4:30 , strimmers n cutters will be on the go.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 08:29:35 PM »
Its great you don't take it for granted mate 👍

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 09:07:51 AM »
Breathtaking views Neil and thank you for sharing.
I'm sure you don't take it for granted and when this current terrible situation is over, I know that there will be many things which I won't take for granted anymore.
Stay Safe

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2020, 02:18:33 PM »
Thanks Suzy.
This morning Wegg took advantage of the dry 21 deg and much planting was done. Radish,lettuce, carrot. courgette plus the peas are moving along nicely.
I painted an outside wall... - Yippeee.
and..... should anyone think I am not getting enough excercise = Well , every picture tells a story.

Cheers to all
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 10:39:36 AM »
Brilliant!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 04:40:15 PM »
Suzy - """Dem Bones , Dem Bones , Dem Dry Bones""" were a lot drier after a super warm Monday and Tuesday with temps notching 25/26deg until , at least 6pm.
Much Strimming and planting was done.

I focus on strimming because I haven't done it all ...yet!
and this little shrub has sprung into life , over the last 3 days. - WOTSDISWUNKEV??

More plants spring into life...... - THis one is Kum Kquat

and this one is for Kevin to guess.

and.... our neighbour, with all his agricultural land , is preparing for his next big planting!!!
These were "Before"

and these were after.

.... 45 minutes to complete the whole job?? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?? - and me n Wegg just with a garden spade!!

Enjoy you guys and be aware that, with an ease on restrictions, from Monday, a pic or two of Arillas is on the cards for Monday.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »
Awwwww! Looking gorgeous there Eggy! Keep posting them beautiful pictures please but not the skeletal ones of you :D
Life is good ;)

Booking.com