Author Topic: Forum web page  (Read 8723 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Forum web page
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 08:41:16 PM »
Hi
Thats where I am going wrong. I use Kaspersky. Perhaps I should not trust the Russians. lol

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 02:57:30 PM »
Hi Dimitrus

Since your update I now remain logged in all the time, before I used to have to keep logging in.
I dont usually, in fact never, stay logged into any site. At least with the Forum there is no personal details such as bank account details etc that are at risk from hacking
Keep safe
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2020, 03:09:04 PM »

Hi Geoff

You can change it when you log in

Kev

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 03:42:05 PM »
Hi
Always clicked forever but never lasted forever
Geoff

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2020, 03:55:57 PM »
Hi Geoff,The update was about security and encryption of all connections and data to our website.
From now on, the website arillas.com  is always enforcing the enduser to access the website via https  instead of a previous http .
the nerd;s explanations is taken from Wikipedia below.
The authentication aspect of HTTPS requires a trusted third party to sign server side digital certificates, which historically was expensive. Thus the full authenticated HTTPS connections were more commonly found only on secured payment transaction services, and other secured corporate information systems on the World Wide Web. In 2016, a campaign by the Electronic Frontier Foundation with support of web browser developers led to the protocol to become more prevalent[6]. HTTPS is now used more often by web users than the original non-secure HTTP, primarily to protect page authenticity on all types of websites; secure accounts; and to keep user communications, identity, and web browsing private.

I always stay connected to arillas forum and other personal sites .It is recommended though to logout every time you leave a connected with your password and username website.
additionaly you should never use the same password and/or username for multiple different sites.

As I personally believe , the only good thing I heard form D. Trump's voicee the day he was elected was:If you really want to send a  secure message to someone  DO NOT USE the computers.!  Use your NATIONAL MAIL SERVICE  .
Stay safe and secure,
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2020, 05:23:59 PM »
Hi Dimitris.
Totally agree
I never use the same passwords etc on more than one site.

I  have some 12 different savings accounts plus about 40 sites I do shopping on. Its imposible to remember them all. I record them on a spread sheet  on an encrypted memory stick, so as to refer to when needed, especially on the sites I may only access one a year.
Never save any  details, other than the forum,  on any website
Each site is protected by Kaspersky plus Trusteer Raport, a security systems UK banks recommend when any monetry transaction are made.

Nothing is saved directly onto the laptop and the memory stick is not kept with the computor. It is secreted away in the home. When I am on holiday the memory stick goes with me.

I never respond to unsolicted e mails and I never click on  mail links, even from a known source. I dont even use contactless cards. I always ask for a contactless card to be issued issued.

I could not manage without  online banking for savings especially as most of the best saving rates are only available on line. Who can survive without on line shopping? Hopefully I am protecting myself best I can.

If I open up a new savings account, I always transfer a nominal ammount first and then confirm it has been recieved to the correct account before completing the full transfer of funds

What else can you do?

Keep safe

Geoff

Booking.com