Author Topic: What do you miss?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
What do you miss?
« on: March 01, 2020, 09:30:51 PM »
We have been visiting Arillas since 1995 and in that time we have seen some changes, although very subtle it has to be said.

One thing we always say is how much we miss what used to be Arillas Inn (next door to Ammos). Can anyone remember their divine oregano bread? It’s how we first met Leo who used to run the restaurant brilliantly. Of course we still get to see him at Ammos but I would love to see this space used again.

Also who remembers ‘Gorgeous George’ at Helens Creperie. That’s the only reason I went in. The pancakes. Honest.

Maybe...

luckily we see George out and about in the village now (albeit without the flowing linen lol) but now he almost surely gives our Patrick a run for his money in the Speedo’s dept!

What about Yiannis who used to have the Seabreeze whatever happened to him and ‘Big Gus’?

The saddest loss of them all is of course Kostas from Kostas on the Beach. What a wonderful guy he was and such a shock when we heard the news of his passing. He was a big part of our holidays.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: What do you miss?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 12:19:59 AM »
Luckily since we have been going not a lot has changed really.......which can only be good 😉
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:26:51 PM »
Jo
What memories arillas inn has for me , my first experience of arillas, and George , well what a  great guy , and yes I’m glad it hasn’t changed that much only for the better, but jo my question to you ,,,, who had the best wine ,,, i personally love the rose in thallassa 😘 yammas

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 06:34:22 PM »
Been visiting since 2007 and oh yes, remember 'Gorgeous George’ well :-D   ....and their fabulous pancakes of course!!   Reason alone to visit Arillas.... :-)

Recall Kostas too - and the lovely tales of Strewbie in the front of the menu. Do love how Irene carried this on, Kostas is not forgotten.

Otherwise the only thing I miss is the whole blinking place - actually being there!

I'm pleased that there's nothing else which has gone which is missed, but many small things added which I love, like the new steps and path down from the road to the beach (remember the old blue steps near Kaloudis end?), the showers, the decking area at Marina pool, the pizza place....

Let's hope we get this pandemic under control and we can soon be back home! :-)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »
Irinis    Irinis Art
A lovely young lady full of fun, and always welcoming.
Loved her shop with her friends gathering and chatting outside.
I believe she is now in Croatia

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 01:37:10 PM »
So many many things to to miss about Arillas.

Being there, anticipating of getting there, Billy staging something crazy and weird but always fun in Armourada, Dimitri's stories in Brouklis, the Coconut nights..... the list is endless.

Lets all hope that we get there this summer. I have started to pray to each and any god/goddess from Allah to Zeus and the rest of my belief I put into the scientist sorting this out somehow soon.

One world - One love XX
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 02:40:38 PM »

Hi

Listening to Yanni from Tria how very busy he has been

Sitting behind the bar playing games on his phone 
Helen and Philip doing a The work
Haha

Oh don’t forget Neil been  strimming all morning my arm aches I can’t throw my darts it hurts
Well he can rest his arm now so when we arrive he will be on top form well we see 😂

Kev

Offline Billy M

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • I LOVE ARILLAS
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 04:05:39 PM »

Swimming and jumping in the pool at the Tria And jumping off the end of the jetty
Eating Helens spaghetti Bolognese she make me and Sunday spit roast lamb
Also eating in Kostas watching the sunset

Hope to be back soon

Billy m

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 05:12:59 PM »
Jo
What memories arillas inn has for me , my first experience of arillas, and George , well what a  great guy , and yes I’m glad it hasn’t changed that much only for the better, but jo my question to you ,,,, who had the best wine ,,, i personally love the rose in thallassa 😘 yammas

Hi
The home made wine (red) from their own grapes at the Athena

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 01:11:49 PM »
The donuts man on the beach :(

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »
We used to go to Sea Breeze when it was Arillas Bay, Yanni,s Dad Thomas used to live just behind it. I also remember going for my morning walk as he came out to clean the pool and getting back just in time to have a coffee with him. I also remember Yannis asking when I went to get some water if I was going to get some ouzo, well that's youngster.s for you.(Makes me feel very old.) Now as for Gorgeous George and the pancakes, same as you. We often sit on the bench and think of Kostas. Yes it has changed but not enough to spoil it. Jet 2 have just cancelled our May holiday so hoping we can get over in September. Stay Safe everybody here and in Corfu.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com