Author Topic: Day Trips and Tours  (Read 3625 times)

Offline syke930

Day Trips and Tours
« on: May 19, 2006, 05:52:05 PM »
Hello!  I'm going to Arillas in early July with 3 mates (all early 20s) and we want to do some tours or day trips out of Arillas.  We aren't renting a car.  Are there any tours or walkable-distance day trips we can do?  Seems that most tours I've found online depart from everywhere BUT Arillas.  The closest is Roda which is too far to walk I think...

Thanks in advance :)

nesty

Day Trips and Tours
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 06:25:47 PM »
I take it you arent going with (excuse the pun) tour operators - and are travelling independant. In that case there is a small office in Arillas that organises trips etc (like evening trip into Corfu Town) and I am sure they do other trips as well. There are some great coastline walks as well in St Stefanos and if you are more adventurous to Afionas and "St George"

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
tours
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 04:00:48 PM »
book them at arrilas travel they do loads of trips corfu town,kassiopi,sidari,paleo to name a few prices from 9 euro when i was there in may

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
Day Trips and Tours
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 05:11:03 PM »
That sounds like a really good idea. Think we'll be paying arillas travel a visit.

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
re trips
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:40:52 PM »
Best value trip from Arillas...go Horse riding for 2 hours near Rhoda..book at the Marina hotel(on the corner beach front  can`t miss it)..for 20 euros get picked up in Minibus leave arillas ..couple of pickups in Sidari (worth seeing so you won`t go back :evil: ) & on to Rhoda...1 hours on horseback, through the olive groves & along the beach,,,stop for a free cool drink in the middle of knowhere & then another hour  heading  back to the pick up point.. A great experience ..doesn`t matter if you have never seen a horse young children to old gits like me..best laugh I have had for years. :P (Taxi to rhoda would cost 20euros alone)
Also ask at your accomodation for them to book you at the" Monamour "
Taverna for a night out.. :twisted: it is 10 mins in Taxi to the Taverna where you wil have a choice of spit roast Lamb/Cicken or stuffed pork roll...you will not regret it..the Taxi is free & the food is basic but mouth watering... :lol: watch for the local wine they serve you with...most people have difficulty getting in the Taxi for the journey back..have a great time...
Kes

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Day Trips and Tours
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:56:13 AM »
The last time I went horseriding on a beach was about 35 years ago in Majorca and it was a laugh. Had romantic ideas of galloping through the waves with water splashing everywhere and my hair blowing in the wind.  Well, one whistle from the guide and it was more like Thelwell and I vowed never to do it again!  :lol:  Dont think I would find a horse big enough for me or my husband.  I wont tell you my weight but my husband is nearer 20st.  Now a camel ride, thats another thing... reminds me of when we went to Lanzarote.  I felt so sorry for the camel, it literally groaned when it got to its feet.  They had to put extra, extra ballast on my side to compensate for my husband!  So embarrassing for him!!!  Even though I would like to have a go at riding I think it would be better just to watch now! :wink:
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com