Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

JohnTheRef&Dot

OK LETS TRY THIS AGAIN I MAY JUST GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME
Quote from: JohnTheRef&Dot on June 08, 2014, 02:34:53 PM
Quote from: Paul & Denise on June 08, 2014, 01:03:11 AM
If anyone is coming out Monday /Tuesday is there a chance of bringing a world cup chart from the Sunday papers for Jimmy Anthis at the Rainbow complex, I am sure he will be very grateful. In addition

Could be a possible England v Greece match on JUNE 28th or 29th if we both get through the group stages

Lawty

Re World Cup wall chart.
I'm coming to Arillas late Monday night, I've got a World Cup wall chart, will call into Rainbow on Tuesday to drop it off.

Lawty

Eggy

Lawty

I'll let Dimi know tomorrow.
He will be a happy man.

Cheers
Negg

Paul & Denise

So today Madge met Brian! Now I don't want to trivialise things because I do know how important this mode of of transport is to many people- to me too, as without it we could not do what is planned for next couple days. The fact that we have posted will I hope spread the message that it is possible to hire mobility scooters in Arillas,  subject of course to the owners allowing charging sessions. The fact is we had great fun today and saw many
things that you can only see by walking,which sadly is now out of the question for us. Or trip
to St Stefenos was lovely with some magical gardens on show. The only down side was that our batteries drained quickly and in fact I had to push mine from Brooklies to the Rainbow!  Fortunately I still able enough (just) to do this. Full. Charge tonight will sort it,then we will attempt the Hill to Affionis tomorrow. Temperature sat here posting now in the shade of the bar is 28 but a hell of a thunderstorm looks imminent. For anyone here, the worried men are playing in the Rainbow on Wednesday evening. Will post pictures once I work out how to!!

Eggy

Well done Paul n Denise.
Good job you got it back to Rainbow by 7:30 pm 'cause, as you know, ...........

......... tis much thunder and rain now. - Kavaddades anyway -

But still on an outside temp of 24deg??
(thought about standing outside in me Y-Fronts, then thought WOTSALLTHATABOUT?)

Do they supply a canopy with those mob scooters??

Cheers
Negg

From a Kavadaddes that has already had a mini power cut and no TV signals but food already prepared.
Not a problem then?

sharonF

Quote from: Sinbad on June 08, 2014, 02:06:33 PM
Back in Arillas after 8 years away and it's even more beautiful than I remember. I  was concerned that after the financial crisis it would be looking a little run down, but wanted to return to support these lovely people. I shouldn't hv worried it's beautiful and the flowers everywhere are stunning! Would love to upload some photos and videos if anyone can tell me how ?

A few changes then since you were last there, look forward to your photos and videos, am sure somebody on here can guide you through how to get them on.  Have a lovely holiday and look forward to reading all about it as well
Sharon x

Eggy

Arillas today is dry and very hot.

But....... 27 deg, at midday, is not the temperature you need when driving back from Corfu Town.

Off for a shower now!!

Negg

TerryW

Thanks Neil, its nice to know its hotting up. I reckon a cloud free fortnight could just be around the corner.

Truth

It must be getting close to the "guaranteed good weather" time of the season now :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

32 deg outside is on offer at 16:30.

My pacemaker has melted and the cats find it difficult to walk over the hot gravel. Wegg sits with a plastic bag over her head filled with ice and local dogs are too tired to bark at the occasional tortoise.
My neighbour is frying eggs on the bonnet of his car but it's a diesel & I prefer the tang of salt n pepper!

Arillas looks such a great place to be part of and not a sad FACER in the PLACER.

Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Exchange currently e1.21

Outside temp on 30 deg at 7pm.

Who out there is rubbing hands together in "Auntie Cip Ashun" ???

I stood on the sea front, this afternoon, and just inhaled the tranquillity and beauty of it all.

Negg

Sinbad

Having a fabulous holiday. Really hot and sunny with just one night of thunderstorms since we arrived. So far we have walked to San Stefanos (of course via Akrotiri) and then to  Afionas with lunch at Dionyssis. Would love to watch the sunset at Anemos in Afionas and have dinner - does anyone know how we could get a taxi there and back ?

Glorious, warm evening. Enjoying live music in the Horizon as the sun sets, with the sound of the sea lapping at the shore. Oh my word ..... This really is paradise!

dylan

you could try Olga at travel agency, my knees are knackered, I was just wondering how to get up there in Sept, did the walk a couple of years ago, but to far now(bugger)!

justphil

QuoteOh my word ..... This really is paradise!

'tis why we all keep going back!!!

When we want a taxi from base, we ask them to phone and get us one. Nothing too much trouble, and one duly arrives. You could arrange a pre-planned pick up time, but remember Arillas is on Greek time - clock watchers they are not! At Anemos itself our beloved Spiros will happily get you one if you ask him to. Remember though, they come from further out (Kavvadades at least) and must charge you for that.

So glad you are sampling the magic of Arillas. I know exactly how it feels.

Phil

Jo Wissett

Sinbad, just fabulous reading. Could just imagine the ambience at Horizon as you typed! Keep em coming