Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Janis

Hi Eggy - wonderful photos and report - thank you very much.  We'll be there in two days to see for ourselves and can't wait!
On another note - and I know it makes me sound stupid - but is it acceptable to use other pools? We're staying at Kaloudis and assumed we could just use the pool there (or the sea, of course!)
Janis

Sandy x

Thanks Negg....that's the crucial shot and it already looks a lot better than in some years. I can remember the year we had to wade round there waste deep with our bags on our heads....at the same time, being buffeted by huge waves. So the signs are good I'd say.....
Sandy x

Eggy

Sandy - It's beginning to look good and will be a very secluded area..
Most people will be able to paddle through it quite easily.
( But Vivian - well ? - Wot can I say ? - Sorry Viv. )

Janis - You will be very welcome at all "free" pools. It's always polite to have a drink or snack etc. - Many pools here to suit all tastes. ( quiet /with kids / food / Inland etc )

Cheers
Negg

MaryH

Hi Eggy
The beach is looking good, all be it a little smaller than when we were there in September. But it's a natural beach and that is one of the things that makes it so beautiful, at whichever end you venture.

Take Care
Mary

justphil

I've known it like that too Sandy! Never stopped me though... Justjen might not be so good this year, but we'll see. It is looking good. Thanks for the update Eggy.

Janis, I can confirm that about the pools. Some people brass it out, but it is good form to use the bar for a drink/snack etc. We often use Anna's, Mathraki, Kaloudis, Mirage and have been in most of them the odd time. Nikos at Mirage said to me once "I don't care if you eat lobster or buy one beer. If you enjoyed and come back, you're good for us."

Phil

justphil

I've known it like that too Sandy! Never stopped me though... Justjen might not be so good this year, but we'll see. It is looking good. Thanks for the update Eggy.

Janis, I can confirm that about the pools. Some people brass it out, but it is good form to use the bar for a drink/snack etc. We often use Anna's, Mathraki, Kaloudis, Mirage and have been in most of them the odd time. Nikos at Mirage said to me once "I don't care if you eat lobster or buy one beer. If you enjoyed and come back, you're good for us."

Phil

justphil

Phil

justphil

Sorry folks - post collided with another, and managed to post it 3 times....
Phil

Janis

Thanks Neggy and justphil for all the info on the pools - we've always bought at least a drink or a meal wherever we visited in any case - looks like their pools are an added bonus! We're all packed now and raring to go! Damn! I've got one more day to work.... poor old Barry has retired so he's just raring to go.... lol

Sandy x

Have a fantastic time Janis....I can feel your excitement.....yammas!
Sandy x

justlynn

Have a great holiday, Janis!

lynn xx

Janis

Yammas Sandy and Lynn - thank you for your kind thoughts
It'll be almost midnight on Friday when we "hit" Arillas, so Saturday will effectively be our first day. Will post lots on our return
Love to all, Janis x

Sandy x

Midnight? The night will still be young Janis....have fun!!
Sandy x

Janis

Ah, Sandy - the night may still be young, but I'm not! We're flying in from Leeds Bradford and our two friends, Joan and John, who've been coming to Arillas for years, are flying in about the same time from Manchester. We're meeting in the splish splash bar for a few bevvies on arrival anyway.
We could never understand, when we went to their house for dinner, why they always said Yammas! - after our first visit to Arillas we now understand!

Yammas! x

justphil

Ha ha Janis. We arrived at Elena Stella last September at midnight. Poor Olga said "let me show you a range of rooms you could have while you are here." I said "this one will do nicely. See you tomorrow." Dumped the luggage and by five past we were in the Rainbow. From there at 1.30 to the Coconut until ????

Yes dears - the night is as young as you feel. Good job it's not not as old as I am....

Phil