The Beachfront

Started by Northerndave, August 22, 2013, 11:22:12 PM

Northerndave

Hello, while browsing around I found some mentions of Sharons Pool Bar ! Sounds amazing....nope, from what i read, sounds blummin amazing, am I right in thinking that even if not staying at the hotel, I could pop in, grab a drink and sit in the pool or on a sunlounger and sup a cold Mythos or Cocktail?

...and that got me thinking.......is this the same in any of the hotels with Pools along the beachfront?

Bella

You can indeed sit/lie on the loungers in Sharon's pool and every other apartment complex or hotel in Arillas if you buy a drink - even those not on the sea front ha ha!

Rachel B

I really wanted to go to Sharons pool bar but didn't get chance as it was always really busy by lunch time.
If you get there first thing, there'll probably be plenty of sunbeds to choose from or if you don't mind busy places then you'll be fine.

Rachel x

Northerndave

Thanks you two, not toooooo keen on busy places, but may try, just for research purposes of course ;) A cold beer in a cold pool in the hot sun does sound lovely

Have you just got back Rachel ? I must admit you kind of asked most of the questions I was going to in the run up to getting ready to pack the bags. Did you make it over to San Stefanos (and was it easy to find the trail?) Looking forward to your trip report

Vaughan & Angie

Northern, you canot miss the trail, once the road runs out you are onwards and upwards.

Bella

Hiya,
you really can't go wrong in 'finding' the trail to San Stef as long as you can find the sea! just walk along the coast road keeping the sea on your left until the road runs out and turns right into the Kaloudis complex - at this point you will see the newly built ramp down onto the beach and the path up and over the hill to San Stef straight ahead. When you get to the top you will see the Gravia Bar/ cafe on your right at which point you need to take the path/track sharp left which will take you past the Akrotiri Lounge bar (fabulous place) and the small chapel (worth a look inside) then continue to follow the track right down into San Stef. Once in San Stef a must see is the harbour which is to the left. Good luck and enjoy!

Northerndave

Thanks Bella, Vaughan & Angie, that sounds a lot easier than I thought, with the bonus of the Akrotiri too. I was looking at the map and trying to plan it from Annas studios, but getting down to and walking by the sea makes it so much easier to follow. Cheers :)

Val n Bill

Going by road is a very warm walk ;) but maybe shorter if leaving from Annas

Val x
The love affair continues.

Rachel B

Hi Dave,

Yeah, just got back last night :(

Went to San Stef twice.. as everyone has said, easy to find.. on the seafront then upwards! :-) - make sure you drink gallons though (water not mythos lol) because it's scorching up there.

Be sure to make a stop at the Akrotiri Bar on your way, amazing views from up there! :-)