Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

TerryW

Great camera angle Dimitris, giving an excellent photograph and  Vasilli looks like he is enjoying the kite flying.

Phil and Sandy will be pleased to see "their" bench,

Erja

:D thank you Dimitris! Kali sarakosti :)
Life is good ;)

Hels Bels

Looking at the webcam today, Arillas looks rather breezy and wet. Don't think there's much beach to play on today!

Eggy

Hels Bels
The beach continues to take a battering with this winter weather, which is much worse than last year. But the beach keeps bouncing back and looking good.
(Probably due to all the hard work of the locals with their "clear up" routines)

Arillas today again looking very inviting and enjoying temps of around 20 deg. A very nice reminder, for me today, about what we enjoy about living in North Corfu, especially Kavadaddes, Afionas, Arillas and surrounding areas.

Off to buy paint lunchtime, via Night Owl with an ouzo plus with a few games of darts with "up n coming" star Nickos. Then Arillas and spent some time with Dimitris at Brouklis and son Spiro with Grandma Katerina. All looking well. Katerina sent me home with some eggs plus some Advocados from the "Brouklis Tree". Finally got some paint but home too late to make use of it. Always tomorrow.
This is what Arillas is all about. Time spent with good friends who we havent seen, this winter, as much as we should have.

A little bird also tells me that Brouklis has two special room bookings this summer for some special guests.  Phil n Jen have got one room and Phils's liver is booked into the other. - ( White van man had also been notified and may sleep, in vehicle, in car park)
................. Just to keep an eye on 'em.

Cheers
Negg

Erja

Sounds good eggy :D

Wish I was there.... *sigh*
Life is good ;)

TerryW

QuoteA little bird also tells me that.........

Was it a Liver Bird? :-)

kevin.g

he he..
back to phils poor old liver again......yammas....

kevin.g

he he..
back to phils poor old liver again......yammas....

Lindypops

Hey Eggy,please tell us what all the plants/veg are like right now. I`ve sampled the lovely avocados, but still would like an update on all the things that are growing. Maybe we should have a "plot" section!
Lindypops.

vivian

Hi Lindypops,
I had a cacading raised bed deliverd ( no pun intended  sorry lol) anyway I was wondering what to grow in it. I bought some oregano last week and it actully said on the pack that it was Greek and smelt stronger then most, hope it grows like the pot Dimitris has outside imagen that lovely smell every morning as I go out and then as I get back  home. ove Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

Lindy P

Veggie planting is way behind schedule for many here due to a much rainier Winter than last year.

Wegg's managed to get some spuds in and onions are to follow. Providing we can get some more good days there are plans for much more. Maybe a few pics when something actually grows.

A lovely day here again and temps around 15 deg. Quite a warmy really. Rain is forecast for Weds though.

Cheers
Negg

Lindypops

Viv,Eggy, sorry for my late reply, but thanks for yours. Sounds lovely Viv, and will smell even better. What about some salad stuff Viv? Somr are quite fast. Spinach is a quick grower, too. I`m still on the look out for a Basil Bush/ Bush Basil plant. Not sure which way round, but it`s not Basil Brush! You know the sort, a little tree like basil. Lovely.  I hope you`re doing plenty of digging Eggy! Get them spuds in. Are you able to get veg seeds there? Or do you need to go to Corfu Town? Look f/ward to the pictures. Bfn.
Lindypops.

Eggy

We popped into Arillas today to take a look at the Jen Walshs first Art Exhibition which is at the Akti Arilla -More on that on the " Places to Visit " posting.

Anyway , couldn't resist that little peek, as yer do, at Arillas beach on yet another windy. ( But this time no rain )

The new build on the sea front is also cracking along nicely.

It's only middle March now and with the expected forecast of 5/7 dry days I would expect to see much more very soon.

We've all been waiting for a long dry spell and hope this is it. Many bonfires will be burning soon and much veggie planting going on by all.

Cheers
Negg

kevin.g

good on ya neil ..love to wendy....yammas

justphil

Thanks for the update Negg. Jen and me have spent all day in and out of Arillas and discussing the people (including you, Wegg and Megg, Dimitris, Litsa and little Spiros, Yannis Litsa and Spiros Goudelis, Hannah and Kostas,  Perry and Maria and bebis, and and and...)

Truth is I don't live here in Baltonsborough Somerset any more. Your pics just confirm it all. We sat in the pub dreaming today. At least we'll visit in July, but apart from the exchange rate we would have been there from July until the twelfth of never...just like you and Wegg.

Arillas today? tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...

love
Phil