Arillas calendar now on eBay. Raising money for the Arillas street cats

Started by Sara, November 11, 2011, 11:51:44 AM

Sara

I've had just 5 calendars printed to raise money for A.A.W.F  [Agni Animal Welfare Fund] All money raised will care for the Arillas street cats to provide food, medication & neutering.
This registered charity is desperate for donations or sponsors for their cats. Here is their website for more information http://www.agni-animal-welfare-fund.com
The calendars can only be purchased off eBay. 3 are listed now & the remaining 2 calendars, I will list next week.
Please take a look. You can view each month's photo on eBay - simply type "arillas" into eBay's search & they will show.
The photo's used have been taken from this forum & Facebook by members who like all of us just love Arillas.
Happy bidding & many thanks to those who have already placed a bid.

Sara.x
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

Sara

Just to let you all know that the last 2 remaining calendars are now on eBay. Here's a link for 1 of them www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arillas-CORFU-Greece-2012-Calendar-Raising-money-A-A-W-F-/130601094585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e686e8db9

The auctions are going really well. Thanks to everyone who has placed a bid.
Marion who cares for the cats in Arillas will be very happy [& so will the cats]

Someone has asked how they can pay if they don't have a Paypal account. Cheques can be sent. Please send me a message if you want more details.

Sara.x
www.villatheia-corfu.com

TerryW

The bidding has slowed down a bit so come on forum members GET BIDDING. Sarah's put a lot of work into this and it's for a very needy cause, plus its a very unique wonderful calendar. I know I am determined to get one. More bide are needed, especially on the last two that have been added.

Just imagine those 12 wonderful photos, on your kitchen wall, throughout next year

Janis

ger

Sara

Thanks for that Terry.

I've had a few people contact me who just wish to make a donation. If everyone wants to do this please send me a message & I'll get back to you.

Sara.x
www.villatheia-corfu.com

Angela-AAWF

Hello Everyone

I am Angela and I run the AAWF charity. We are really pleased that we are now able to help Arillas with the street cats, thanks to Marion, my colleague who lives there and all of you that are supporting us.

We have already neutered several cats in Arillas and Marion says that she can see a difference already with what we have done.

We would like to thank all of you for being so supportive and helping us to raise money to do more cats and a big thankyou to Sara for the calendar which is raising money for us.

Many thanks to everyone involved and I do promise that all money raised by Sara and any donations from Arillas supporters made for the cats will ALL go to the Arillas cats.

We would all like to see a few less desperate kittens at the end of the season and food available for the remaining cats during the difficult winter months. A reduction in numbers will really help to do this.

This is my first post of these forums and I promise to keep an eye on them and what is going on in Arillas. Since visiting Marion, I have become to like Arillas very much and my grandaughter loves it there, so will be visiting more often from now on. With running the charity I dont get alot of time for the message forums but I will do my best to keep in touch with you all.

Thanks to everyone and a special thanks to Sara.

Regards
Angela

TerryW

I think Sara deserves a lot of praise for having the idea and then making the arrangements to sell the calendars on Ebay. It takes a lot of determination to do something like this and it also takes up a lot of time.

Thanks again Sara and I think you have become the "Arillas Calendar Girl" :-). !!!!! Now that would be a good idea for a 2013 Calendar, there are sun flowers in Arillas???

kevin.g

well done sara
missed out on the calanders ,but a donation,is on its way ,yiammas,xxxxxx

Sara

Just to let you all know that the calendars raised £100.63 plus I received a couple of cheques [thanks Kev & Eileen] to the value of £35.00, therefore, making the grand total of £135.63
Thanks you so much to everyone who placed a bid & congratulations to those who won the auctions. I hope you're all pleased with your calendars.

Today I made two Paypal payments to A.A.W.F [for some reason I couldn't add the cheques to the total raised on eBay]
I'm sure Angela from A.A.W.F will confirm this very soon.

Terry - not sure about the 2013 calendars! You men would love that wouldn't you? What about the ladies? Just so happens that I do know a Corfiot fireman .... :)
www.villatheia-corfu.com

Val n Bill

Sara and Terry, wouldn't it be a nice change to see a  'Men in Arillas Calendar',  then again perhaps not, we might get too many hubbies posting their photos and not enough of the 'Greek Adonis' type that would appeal to bidders. Ha ha!

Val x ;)
The love affair continues.

Sandy x

We've always got Patrick in his speedos..that's a good start....
:wink:
Sandy x

kevin.g

haha sandy ,,what about a pic of the day calender ,,,,,life is goog ..yiammas.xxx

Anne

I am so pleased I was lucky enough to win a calendar - first dates I put in it were our next visit to Arillas in May 2012 - thanks so much love calendars for a good cause. (one of my boys at work always buys me a Cliff Richard calendar for Christmas but I think this Arillas one will be my favourite one) Anne
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Angela-AAWF

Hi All

I have been contacted by Sara regarding the ebay sales of the calendars to raise money for the Arillas cats. I would like to thank Sara very much for donating the calendars amd for such a successful fund raiser and thanks to those of you that bid and bought the calendars. They look really nice and I am envious of those of you that won them.

I have received the monies sent to us via paypal from the general donations for which I thank you all very much. The money from the calenders will be forwarded to us in time. MissionFish (the charity organisation run by eBay) forward monthly so this will be credited to our account at the beginning of January.

Once again thanks to you all and for all your support, all of the money will go to the Arillas cats. We already have some more cats in Arillas waiting for our help which we are in the processing of sorting with Marion now.

Please continue to support us and help Arillas become a better place to holiday with lots of fit and healthy cats and less poor starving kittens.

Thankyou
Angela