Arillas Bakery

Started by DronnyDave, June 11, 2015, 02:52:08 PM

DronnyDave

Have just returned from a lovely 10 day holiday.
Whislt there we had a couple of walks up to the bakery and amongst other things we tried their feta, olive and tomato bread, which is absolutely stunning.
It seems very simple, but at a guess it is all a matter of getting the dough the right consistency.

I've been telling my boss all about it, she is a fan of Greek food so would appreciate any help in finding a recipe. (It will help with my end of year appraisal :-)

Thanks for your help.

regards Dave

soniaP

Sorry can't help with the recipe but I love their handmade Turkish delight. I find it a bit far to walk though in the heat and I am not up early enough on holiday to go early in the morning when it is cooler. Usually therefore only get if we have hired a car of a moped.

Truth

Have they started doing the small home made ice creams yet , they are lush !?
May be a bit early in the season still for them
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

suzy61

Didn't know about the ice creams...they sound yummy, they'll be added to my must have list!

Suzy X

dylan

Not seen the bread before, always to busy looking at all the cakes! will try it in sept.

Bumpkin

Your skin is the best outfit you have. You look great in it and it fits you perfectly. You should wear it more often. Look after it and it may not look like it needs ironing.

DronnyDave

I've had a look at that recipe, but it's not the same.

The one we had is only about an inch thick. So bread top and bottom with the filling in the middle.

A bit like a sandwich but it has a solid edge. I'm no baker but I guess that dough is spread out, a filling placed on half of it and then folded over. It is then baked in a way so that the filling doesn't send the bread soggy.

JohnTheRef&Dot

LEMON PIE we had the LEMON PIE in May .....OMG it was SCRUMPTIOUSSSSSSSSS

Had it for Breakfast........ naughty but nice.

suzy61

Lemon pie for breakfast....Mmmmmmmmm! Sounds good to me John and dot...besides, holidays are for breaking all the rules!

Suzy X

dylan

Lemon pie goes down well with a glass of Ouzo with it, chilled of course!

Rachel B

Lemon Pie is my favourite! It was gone before I had chance to take a photo of it! haha :D

Yum!!

justphil

Drooling here.... I adore the bread with feta and tomato in the middle. Moist centre, soft and fluffy bread all round it..... tastes divine. The dough needs to be moist enough but not too sticky. If it is too dry the bread will be too hard. The filling needs to be dry enough not to invade the bread but still moist. I reckon it takes an expert to make it properly and get all that right. And when you can walk in the bakery and walk out with the perfect product for not a lot of money......

As for breakfast, d'ya reckon lemon pie goes with Mythos???? Think I'll keep my lemon pie for evening dinner....

Phil

Rachel B

QuoteI adore the bread with feta and tomato in the middle. Moist centre, soft and fluffy bread all round it..... tastes divine.

Stop Phil! I have come to work without any supper.. this isn't helping! haha

& I love how it's the Lemon Pie you leave until the evening Lol

Jo Wissett

I just love their chocolate croissants mmmm