food

Started by catherinestani, February 22, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

justphil

I love each to his/her own. I dread to think what I would bring if (heaven forbid) I were on my own.

No clothes - I would spend all of my time at north beach. Vodka? Maybe but plentiful supplies of Mythos and same would be available wherever I go. Dairy? Too much like here in Somerset. Meat? I don't eat much meat and with all that seafood on offer, er, NO.

Just hand luggage then.
Phil

june

Or maybe a coolbox and I'll start wearing my specs more !

M n M

I don't take coal to Newcastle, sand to the Sahara or food to Arillas, why bother Just eat out and enjoy.

Mick

Bella

I couldn't agree more M n M

I can kind of understand that ex-pats may like a 'quintessential' English treat from time to time (although processed meat isn't my idea of a treat) but not anyone going on a 2 week holiday.

The definition of a holiday for me is to have a complete break from all things that are usual day to day and to embrace the food and culture of whatever country I am visiting. as for English pubs abroad - don't get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bells xx

Jo Wissett

We always pack some of those mini kellogs cereals for the kids but really, in the grand scheme of things I wonder why haha. Because that extra oooh £2 would really break the budget!

Val n Bill

When my son was young he always packed his own rucksack for trips abroad   (I am going back at least 30 years here)  a book, a blow up beach ball, opal fruits and a box sugar puffs..... even if we were full board in a hotel. He would never share the sugar puffs.
A little bit of what you fancy does you good ;)

Val x
The love affair continues.

catherinestani

yes june thats wot i ave done in passed and i cant go with out cheddar for a week lol  just a joke about cheese