Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July  (Read 27940 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 1st July
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2020, 10:18:06 PM »
just announce no flights from the uk into Greece until 15th July

Administrator
Thank You

So are they reviewing whether we can fly from UK on 15th July or are they actually stating that we can fly from 15th July   
-Given: 20
-Receive: 621

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Coronavirus - Covid19 Local/National Information and Updates
« Reply #331 on: Today at 05:16:09 PM »
QuoteThank You
https://primeminister.gr/2020/06/29/24281

From Prime Minister Mitsotakis today.

A wide-ranging meeting under Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis was held today at the Maximos Palace, ahead of the country's opening to tourism on July 1st.

The meeting was attended by the Minister of Health Vassilis Kikilias, the Minister of Digital Government Kyriakos Pierrakakis, the Minister of Shipping and Island Policy Giannis Plakiotakis, the Minister of Tourism Haris Theogeris Theocharis Yamarisias Yafirilias Niasdias Kiasias of the Ministry of Civil Protection and Protection The Deputy Minister despite the Prime Minister in charge of Coordination of the Government Project Akis Skertsos, the President of EODY Panagiotis Arkoumaneas, the professor of Infectious Diseases Sotiris Tsiodras and executives of the competent authorities of all competent ministries have been reviewed. .

They also discussed how to perform the targeted tests, the protocols at all the entrance gates of the country (the relevant information has been posted on the site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, www.mfa.gr) as well as the transfer protocols in hospitals and reference hotels in case of cases.

As for the third countries, outside the European Union, Greece intends to move on the basis of the list compiled by the EU, while until July 15, direct flights from the United Kingdom and Sweden will not be allowed.

Prerequisite for entry into the country is the mandatory completion, 48 hours before, of a special form on the platform https://travel.gov.gr with the details of the incoming, the country of origin and the place where he will stay in Greece.

Kyriakos Mitsotakis pointed out that "the whole opening process is dynamic and the data will be constantly evaluated". The Prime Minister also called for maintaining the very good level of cooperation that exists to this day between the Ministries. "It simply came to our notice then. And mistakes and failures are inevitable, but with good cooperation and timely action we can deal with them, "he said.

A common finding was that proper preparation has been made at all levels, so that there is maximum security for both visitors and residents.

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2020, 04:26:03 PM »
Sonia

The barcode article is very interesting.

Jill & I were discussing just this last Night - Jill is worried that the check may be random & that then there is the possibility that one of us will be checked and not the other and may then have to isolate separately!! (I hope not as Jill looks after the money!!)

According to the article it seems there is some form of algorithm to determine who should be checked but unclear as to whether this is by Country, Specific region of said Country or departure airport!!

Still hoping we can make it in August but everything keeps changing and must admit concerned about this testing which seems to be mandatory until end of August.

Fingers Crossed

Neil & Jill

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2020, 01:29:18 AM »
Well!!!We have been open for business since last Wednesday!
I was very happy to receive the first proper holiday makers that flew directly to Corfu from their country of origin.
I must say... although it is July, it all looks like the first week in May as many establishments are still working on their preparations to open for the season. a couple have announced that they are not going to be fully operational for this season
 but it looks like most places will be open!!!Untill today I have spotted The Kostas on the beach, Ammos, Inas's, Malibu Bar, The beach point, The Marinaki beach bar and pool are opening introducing their New Bars Name!!. horizon pool is already filed with fresh water, the Mirage is getting ready.
Graziella Taverna is open , Athina taverna is getting ready ( Spiros came today to ask me for help about table distancing  and health protocols)
Akrotiri has been open since a fiew weeks, Hotel Thetis in Arillas is open since Saturday and is already half full. The Gravia Snack bar is open since Saturday . I thing everyone alse who decide to open will be doing it untill the 15th of July.

TWO NEW PLACES opening opposite our Brouklis Taverna one of them being a PHARMACY (YES!!)
My taverna has been fairly busy serving up to 50 people a day , all tourists from Germany, Holland ( our Friend Hannnekke is also there) , Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, I have seen Romanian and Bulgarian cars, also today there was a French car passing by.
ON Sunday I did recognise Greek tourist from Athens in my taverna....
Everyone is having a great time! No complains about airports or travelling , actually all questioned by me were amazed by the airport's organisation .
The only complaint I have heard is travelling by boat from Italy to Igoumenitsa. The German couple that I was "interviewing" said that there was not much health protocols to their opinion, there was not enough facilities for a 26 hours voyage. it seemed that there were  too many people and no much social distancing , however that was the very first ferry from Ankona to Greece on July the first after the lockdown in March.

Today there was a meeting among the Corfu villa Owners Union in Arillas Although I was one of the organizers, I could not attend my self because of my Work but  about 55 local owners were there and had very informative  discussion about covid19 health measures concerning Villa and apartment businessmen from the  Arillas Bussiness Association. I will post some important information about this  on my next post as soon as I have it written.

Fingers crossed form the 15th JULY the first flights from the UK will arrive.
I'm very impressed with the fact that until the moment I'm writing this post  Greece's plan for coronavirus is going  as it was announced in the earlier months.... as things change rapidly the authorities implement small changes and improvements on their protocols.
If we all follow the rules, keep the social distancing etc. then we can keep the tourist season for the next two three months or so.
I'm sure that there will be some visitors that will be positive on the virus but if we all pay attention to the rules , they will take it back to where they came from LoL.

Stay safe everyone!!
Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2020, 10:48:10 AM »
Thank you for the update Dimitris - so good to hear that tourists are slowly but surely returning to Arillas. 

We should have arrived yesterday for 10 blissful days but sadly it's not to be this year, flights were cancelled by British Airways many weeks ago so we've just decided to accept that and look forward to returning in 2021 (and 2022 for that matter!) We will enjoy all the photos and updates - and of course my Facebook memories/photos - having been around this time for the past 13 years, I get daily reminders of the beauty of Arillas.  Lovely and sad too! 
Wishing everyone in Arillas safe and happy days.

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2020, 11:09:12 AM »
Thank you very much for the information Dimitri it is very good to see that everything is now coming together after many trying weeks and all your and the rest of your communitys hard work is finally going to be rewarded. lets all hope you all get a fabulous season now and that everyone stays safe and has a great time.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris and fingers crossed we should touch down on the 30th July. 

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2020, 06:08:53 PM »
Im so pleased things seem to be getting back to normal for you all. Just wish we could be over before next May but its not to be. love to all.XX

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2020, 02:36:59 AM »
Hi all,
New measure goes into force from today 11. August and is valid until 23. August 2020. ( the day that Erja is arriving)
that means that all tavernas , bars, and other eateries will have to close at midnight for the next 13 days.
Greece is trying to avoid spreading of coronavirus  among the local population as the next couple of weeks  are always the busiest Greek bank holidays in the country. 

Suspension of all events, including performances, concerts, where participants are standing. The measure is valid  across the whole country. Based on the epidemiological load, all facilities of catering sector (restaurants, bars etc) will suspend operation from 12 midnight until 7 o’ clock in the morning in the following regions:
  • Regions: Crete, East Macedonia, Thrace
  • Regional units: Thessaloniki, Halkidiki, Larissa, Corfu
  • Municipalities of: Mykonos, Paros, Santorini, Volos, Katerini, Rhodes, Antiparos, Zakynthos, Kos.
full article here
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2020, 11:16:43 AM »
Thank you boss and I hope my arrival heralds later drinking hours 😂
But who cares about that when there is sunshine to be had ♥️
Life is good ;)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2020, 11:45:39 PM »
Is it true also Dimitris that face masks have to be worn indoors and outdoors.  Just read an article but in a tabloid so probably got it wrong.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2020, 12:18:29 AM »
Is it true also Dimitris that face masks have to be worn indoors and outdoors.  Just read an article but in a tabloid so probably got it wrong.
This is not for Corfu but for some other places in greece that have been having high rates of corona cases like the island of POROS
However, masks are compulsary inside all shops and indoor activities.
Sonia, you do not have to wear a facemask while you go for a swim or walk on the street, but you can if you want to.!! (;

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Theresa

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for for keeping us up to date with what's happening in Arillas at this time in terms of wearing masks and the restrictions on opening times  it's much appreciated   We hope to be there in a few weeks and wondered if you can advise if you're operating a booking system for restaurants?

Warmest regards
Theresa & Dougie

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2020, 04:26:05 PM »
We hope to be there in a few weeks and wondered if you can advise if you're operating a booking system for restaurants?

Warmest regards
Theresa & Dougie
Hi Theresa,
As far as I know people can book a table in restaurants like before.
Have not heard of something more specific.
Can you give us an example?
Hope to see you soon,
Ps I do operate a table reservation form on my taverns website.  is this what you mean?
https://www.brouklis.com/index.php/form3.html
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Theresa

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2020, 04:29:50 PM »
We hope to be there in a few weeks and wondered if you can advise if you're operating a booking system for restaurants?

Warmest regards
Theresa & Dougie
Hi Theresa,
As far as I know people can book a table in restaurants like before.
Have not heard of something more specific.
Can you give us an example?
Hope to see you soon,
Ps I do operate a table reservation form on my taverns website.  is this what you mean?
https://www.brouklis.com/index.php/form3.html

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for your reply.  I had just wondered if you would be operating something like in the UK where restaurants are taking customer detail using QR codes or written information for track & trace purposes and limiting reservations to comply with various COVID guidance here.

Otherwise happy to use your online reservation form or just speak with you when we are there.

All good.
Theresa

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2020, 11:49:38 PM »
Hi Theresa - we just returned from Arillas last week and restaurants are not taking peoples contact details.  Hope this helps.

Booking.com