Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Eggy

Jo
I think there may be quite a few of us Forum people here who would welcome some pics of the inside
( and with it's own pool as well - Must be a bonus!!

Never got to Arillas today - Sorry. Spent about 3 hours this morning doing some shopping in Corfu Town plus had a look at some land for sale by my "new employers" Ionian Realty. There's some crackers of bargains around. Once again I was tempted to buy a little plot for us and build to rent. Winter anywhere is always quiet for any land/house sales and some "silly offers" have been accepted recently.

However..... I did manage to finish off the TV cabinet I was making, in pine, and with Weggs permission am " blowing my own trumpet " and posting a picture.
A bit pleased with this effort as no visible screw holes, made to measure for current equipment with an allowance for any upgrades and .... it's on castors !!!
( curved front as well but you can't see it very well )

Back to reality !!!! - Our lovely neighbour Angelikis paid us a visit, late afternoon, with a 2 ltr bottle of homemade dry Red wine. What a great couple her and Nickos are.
We're not really Christmassy type of people but will do our very best to ensure they both come over one evening near to the day for a drink and bites.

And..... Arilllas today ? - If only half as good as Kavvadades it has to be good!
Negg

riggers

Great job on the cabinet Neil. I do carcases all the time. By the way did you have any bits leftover?......riggers...

Eggy

Riggers
The only bits left over are purposely left over.
( A bit more for my backup pile ! )
Negg

riggers

Alway's nice to have some spares to hand Neil !.......riggers....

sharonF

Negg is there no end to your talents?  Fantastic job on the cabinet, including the curved front (you can see it) and you're showing off your railings as well. xx

Smiffypink

I cant see your handywork Eggy!!  I normally see everyones piccies, but for some reason that one is just a red square?!?

But from the other reactions i will saw well done too haha!!

Eggy

Hmmm  - A bit strange that one Smiffy.
Yesterday it was fine but today the picture has vanished. - Don't know why.
Here's a smaller version of it.

Sharon
What helps is having more time to spend on any project I do, There's no weekend rush to gets jobs completed before that Monday morning back to work.
Gotta outside shed planned next. - Avrio. ( Maybe)

A very nice day here today around 16 deg. Just what we both needed to potter around the garden.

Cheers
Negg

Mango

Hi Negg

Are u sure YOU made it!!!

Only kidding, looks great, are u taking orders?

Mango

sharonF

Negg, I can still see your photo.  Have been going through the A-Z photos to try and find that boat and moonlight photo of Marika's and loads of piccies are gone.  Saying file high or something.  Anybody know what's happened there?

riggers

I thimk eggy's masterpiece has blown the system lol......riggers....

sharonF

TerryW

Sharon,

File High closed their network down and Marika probably had here photos hosted there. I have had the same problem and I need to reload the photo to another hosting site.

TerryW

riggers

Does that mean everything is lost for good Terry?....riggers...

TerryW

It looks a very nice room Eggy, but I think the top left corner of the cabinet is about 1 mm out of square, Dont you think riggers?

The one thing that I like about the Greek decor and furnishings is that there are no carpets. I just don't like carpets.

Ideally in the UK we should only have carpet down in the winter and have tiles in the summer. I suffer from a dust allergy and carpets harbour lots of dust.

Have you done the Crazy Paving yet?

Terry

riggers

No i think it is absolutely spot on Terry. I have to say that or he might save two pickled onions......riggers....