Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Eggy

A shaky start to Arillas today folks!

We had 15 deg at Kavvadades at 9 a.m , which crept up to 19 deg, by 11:30 ish, then dropped to 17 deg  when it rained for about 15 minutes.
( I'm told it didn't rain at all in Arillas but was just as "chilly" )

At 2:30 pm though, the beach looked good and the drop in degrees failed to keep people off it , or out of the sea! - The sun felt very good there and the breeze was very mild.

Not the busiest of Arillas beaches I've seen but those using it certainly made the right decision. - It looks good to me.

It's not a bad 23 deg now, in the shade , at 6:20 pm.

For those of you just about to pay us a visit here is my forecast:-
Expect to have a blanket on your bed in the early hours of the morning and expect those early morning chills. Maybe shorts and t-shirts not recommended for eating out in the evening. But you'll still get some vibes late morning and afternoon.
Anyway - WHAT DO I KNOW?

Riggers and wife Sue go home this evening. Missed them today. Maybe they were getting a last minute dose of sun. ( They'll have that when they go home, so I'm told )
Wishing them both a safe journey and, once again, very good to get together.
Phil n Jen looking well this p.m. albeit a little sad. Home for them on Friday, I think.

Lindy P and Mal plus here tomorrow. So the fun starts all over again. And Sharon F who could be on for an afternoon mini binge. Plus.... Mick n Jill and not forgetting BlindPete - Now that's someone I may be able to beat at darts!!

Cheers All
Negg

Peckedhen

It's looking good in Arillas today.  We arrived back this weekend to find that the weather here was better than in Corfu! :shock:

It was good to meet Eggy and have a chin wag. Our  first week was very hot, the second week was iffy, to say the least but, it didn't spoil the holiday at all. When the rain came down we enjoyed the storm from a bar, when the rain stopped, we found a sheltered spot where we could sunbath out of the chilly wind.

No one was hiring or selling wind breaks......are you missing an opportunity here Eggy?  Given a wind break, the beach would have been equally as warm as any we have been to in Cornwall. When it was windy the beach was deserted  - we shall definitely take a wind break when we go early or late in the season.

Sue

BeckyB

Sounds like you had a good one Peckedhen & as far as the weather in the UK has been over the last few days - well, it's been gorgeous.

We head out on Saturday for 10 nights & will pack a bit of everything to cover all eventualities.
If it rains, it rains - so what. It's not going to put the pair of us off & it takes a lot to keep me out of the sea :-)

Welcome Home!

BeckyB

Wendy n Stu

Hi Eggy, thanks for the mention.  Sadly we weren't walking thro' the door on Monday.  A 26 hour delay!!!!  Should have flown 11.20 a.m. Monday.  XL flight.  CAA were useless.  They had no rep at the airport.  Thomas Cook/Monarch tried to sort it but no plane available.  Lied to, messed about all day.  Eventually 4.00 a.m. Tues morn shipped us to a hotel in Corfu town and then back to airport later in morn.  Spanish airline rescued us at 1.30 p.m. Tuesday, 26 hours after should have flown. Took everyone to Manchester, including those for Glasgow and B'ham.  Then no coach for B'ham people and worse still, they found their original flight left Corfu on the Monday at 6.30 p.m. half empty.  No one cared but hey, we still had a great time in Arillas and despite the trauma we will see you in May.  We really enjoyed our time with you and Wendy.  Take care and keep up the great reports.  W & S. xx  PS Give Megg a cuddle from us!

Sandy x

Sounds a nightmare but glad you got back safely!
Sandy x

Corfusoon

Pete and I look forward to sinking a couple of cold beers with you next week whatever the weather Eggy!

Might even give darts ago though you sound like you might be a bit good for us. So we may need to work out a beer consumption handicap.

Regards
Frank
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

BeckyB

Wendy & Stu,

Just read about your horrible journey home - you poor things, how frustrating for you, but at least you got back in the end.
It sounds like you had a great time (no surprises there eh?) & am looking forward to reading your holiday reports.
All the best,
BeckyB :-)

Eggy

Wendy n Stu
What a nightmare. Probably my fault for tempting fate by saying "Wakling thru door!"
Very good to see you both and enjotable time had.

Frank
Don't worry about Darts. - No consistency on my part and I can lose many more than I win. - But i win more than I lose when suitably "ouzo'd"
The challenge will be, for you, to keep me sober. - I may win that one.

A 16 deg, 9 a.m. here this morning but no sign of of the rain that was suggested.
I'm in Arillas later so will update on the exchange rate etc.

Cheers
Negg

TerryW

Thanks for the early morning report Eggy.

I reckon you could use the Zaplive TV ( http://www.zaplive.tv/home ), as Dimitris has used for the new Live Broadcast. It would be good to have our own GMTV or the Neil and Wendy show. :-)

I can just picture you down by the beach with a microphone, interviewing local people and forum members.

BeckyB

Ha! Ha! Terry, now that would be fun wouldn't it?
That would certainly grab everyones attention :-)

vivian

Thanks for the lovely pics and news again Eggy. Wendy & Stu, what an end to your holidays. Knew it wouldn't make any difference about you going next May before you said. I wonder how many forum members we have that it would? Pete and I would have to be locked up to keep us away. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

blondegirl

Hi all.. rain here today... both got colds!!!

great time had though... will give full report when get home!\
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

BeckyB

Lovely to hear from you Blonde Girl & can't wait to read your reports.
Christian & I are off on Saturday - have packed for all kinds of weather but still have taken far too many shoes :-) (he's going to kill me!)
Hope you get over your colds soon.
BeckyBx

mcdebs

rain all day today in Arillas - and rather chilly too.  But hey ho - never mind!  Got in lots of provisions from the supermarket, played pool - read books and magazines and now down at Malibu to settle down to some more consumption of alcohol and watch Sex in the City.  Booked to go to Corfu city to do serious shopping tomorrow afternoon after sunbathing round the pool (got to stay positive!!)  More tomorrow.

yammas

Deb and Ian

Eggy

BG ( Sue) and McDebs have got it spot on.
A lot of rain but not a sad face in the place.

Late meals/snacks at Marina/|Horzon etc and Malibu and Coconut bars being used plus a nice clientele at Rainbow.

Bumped into Mick and Jill having a meal, with family,  plus young grandson Callym, who was waiting, to throw a few darts at a real board.
Nuff said --- as he beat me in quite a few handicap games. ( I'll send him home soon! )

Blindpete and partner were there. - Sorry Missus BP , can't remember name.

If Blindpete beats me at darts I will move to Albania! - Will he ever get his flights in?

Nice afternoon including Phil n Jen who only have two days left before the U.K.

Temps never really crept above 19 deg but who gave a pigs willy? - (Or damm, I mean.
Exchange at e 1.245 - Enough to keeep me happy, plus others , I'm sure.

Eat well , enjoy and , above all, take it easy people!
Negg