Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

riggers

Your'e house must be in a very nice spot aswell then Sandy!....riggers...

Eggy

Sandy
With your permission, maybe very soon, I'll click off a photo of the view from your place.
( It;s a lovely morning here - Nearly 17 deg at 1:30 pm.)
Cheers
Negg

Sandy x

Eggy that would be great....please choose a nice sunny day and then we can all imagine we are there.
Sandy x

justphil

Another great psot. Thanks Eggy.

Eggy

A really fabulous day here again today with Arillas looking as good as ever. We're enjoying temps of around 18 deg at 1:30.
( Dimitris and Ltsa are well - I had a quick chat with him last night on the Chatroom )

Mid next week I hope to get a couple of views from Sandy's house, but I'm told that rain is forecast for Mon/Tue.

Night Owl at Afionas must just be about finished, on the revamp now, so maybe a little trip there tomorrow is in order. = Pics will then follow.

On the bad news front I'm reliably informed that Electricity bills have been sent out and are due at the Kafenio Mon/Tue. ( Don't like bills - This one is every 2 months )

A few loud bangs around this morning - The Greeks do like their "Bird Hunting" in the winter months. If they can eat it they will shoot it !!
Quite often we see a guy wander past, in the morning, with his trusty 2 dogs and large "cannon" slung over shoulder. Very amicable guy, always says Kalimera.
( Never says "duck" ! )

He asked me one morning if we were staying all winter. I felt like saying:-
" We'll stay as long as you want us to - You're the one with the gun!!!! "
Cheers
Negg

vivian

Is he the one with the pointer and the welsh spanial? (no it hasnt leaned Greek yet) well you were going to ask lol, anyway  if so say Kalimera from the little girl that the dogs go out with about 0530 in May. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

Viv
I think it could be a pointer but I haven't seen a Spaniel with him.

Went over to Arillas and "out n about" this afternoon.
One for you and all other naturists.

** Just to prove that access to the naturist beach is very painless at the moment **

The following are the appts just before you walk up that road to Kaloudis. I never realised how good they looked before. And in a good location.
Think they are called "Marinaki".

May be wrong and I don't know if they are private or with a tour op.
Others may know.
Cheers
Negg

riggers

Hi Neil. Those apts are called Marinaki. I know a couple who go there about 3 times a year. They are private accomadation i believe.....riggers....

Eggy

Thanks John.
Now Arillas is quiet you get more time to stop n stare at various places. I'd never really taken any notice of these in the past.
Neill

Peckedhen

Marinaki apts are owned by Dida, the lovely lady who is also manageress of the Marina Hotel retaurant. She does rent out the apts and is contactable via the hotel, email:

hotel marina arillas <arillashotelmarina@yahoo.gr>

Sue

Sandy x

That's where Jo Wissett always stays - she can tell you all about it. Think she books privately and does her own flights.
Sandy x

Mango

Just after the Marinaki apts had been completed, the manager from the Marina Hotel invited us in to have a look around.  These apts are immaculate and have all the mod cons.

Mango

Eggy

Mango
A really good location. I'd love to take a look inside. Wonder what they charge?

A dank and dismal day here today but temps hovered around 16/17 deg.

However, I took the following picture on the road down into Arillas from Night Owl.
( See Night Owl Pics on seperate thread )
Arillas still looks pretty damm good to me!!!

It may suprise some when I say that I had an afternoon drink in the Coconut Bar with Kostas and Akis, from Mathraki. ( It may not suprise others !!)

Akis is a bit of a whizz kid. Very computer literate and very knowledgeable. Take a look at his website which he set up for Mathraki. He's very keen to know if he can improve it or if there are any spelling errors etc.
mathrakistudios.net

He did a good job of our TV / Satellitte here.

Apart from the two good people I seemed to have Arillas all to myself.

Cheers
Negg

Mango

Hi Eggy

I can't remember the exact prices, but when he told them to me, I remember thinking they were very reasonable, I think you can get details from the Marina Hotel.

Amanda

Jo Wissett

Hi Mango.  Yes we always stay at these apts. They are gorgeous.  We always stay in the ground floor as there are 5 of us but have looked at the higher ones and they are beautiful.  Perfect if just the two of you, but will easily fit children in as well. The only reason we don't stay in these are that there is only one room and we like a little privacy now and again!  It is Dida who manages these and she will go out of her way to help you.  Contact via Billy at the Marina.

We pay around 60E per night (total) but this is for the larger apt so others may be less.  The views are spectacular and we would never stay anywhere else.  I will try to fathom to put on a couple of pics of the interior.