Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

TerryW

Here are some more photos from Evdemon, including Litsa's handwritten menu

emeralddragons

"MASTIKA"
Thank you for the info and the photos, Terry.
One more reason to visit Afionas!
Emeralddragons Y&H

Eggy

Very pretty , Terry, but as you say, not for children and only for the adventurous connoisseur.
I am sure they will do well with anyone willing to pay that little extra for something different.
(Occasionally).

Arillas today, meanwhile treats us all to a nice 28 deg and a relaxed warm time.

Apologies to Val n Bill. I feel I bent their ears far too long at Mathraki but did, very much, enjoy the time.

Home tonight, for us, but maybe a Night Owl visit , avrio. Wegg has her eye on a Sea Bream for 9e.

(Or... and Val n Bill know this.... It could be a smoked mackerel salad - OOOHPAH!)

And... Washed down with toasted marshmallows?? - WOTSTHATALLABOUT. Must get Bunsen burner out!

Mathraki, for me? .. a very laid back afternoon and , next time must take 2 sleeping bags.
(1 each for Val n Bill)

Be well guys and all here and all who are shortly to be here.

Negg

justphil

I can imagine exactly how that wonderful meeting went. So wish PnJ had been there to share it. Apologies??? WTF for? An Arilliac afternoon gossip is so often the highlight of a day in Arillas!

I think thee does protest too much ole mate. We love to share your company, and I know ValnBill really enjoyed the break from sun, sand, s.... on second thoughts good beer and food....

I am missing Arillas Today with a passion. Roll on 2016, when I won't miss a day of the whole season, and can square all of the circles I created in 2014. I have one problem with Arillas Today. I am not THERE.

Phil

Val n Bill

No sleeping bags required Neill, we had a great afternoon, glad that you liked the variety in your goody bag ;)
It was great to catch up on all the village news since we left in June. It's the minutiae of the village life that makes this place so hard to leave each time we go home.

Graziella last night....just love those boys! The food is great too. Popped into the Nut to leave a welcome gift for the baby, and then the Akti for pre-nightcaps with Spiros and then back to the Mathraki for final drinks before a really peaceful nights sleep with the air con on all night :)

Nothing planned today we will just "go with the flow" and then think about where we will eat tonight, the only trouble is the list is endless.

Val n Bill xx
The love affair continues.

Eggy

Val n Bill

Just as every Arilliac, who packs a few extras in the case, you Guys are toooooo nice.
I will give yer ears a few days rest then , maybe.......?

With only something like 11,000 more posts/views to bring "Arillas Today" to the million mark....
........WOTCANISAY?????? - Bets being taken on the Arilliac to makes it 1,000,000.
(P n J are favourites)

Well, 31 deg at 4pm and a sweaty jelly has just arrived home for a "Cold Flannel" shower!!

e1.26 in Sidari and I am sure Arillas will offer the same. Not to be sniffed at!!

I am equally sure that, if I had been around Arillas today, that the only way to park the Pug was , first put it into one of those scrap metal crunchers that turn vehicles into a small metal box. Possibly find a space for it then!!

Rumours tell me it may be hotter , avrio - Bugger!

Cheryl and Family home tomorrow and wish them a relaxed flight back.... plus my apologies for having head in clouds this morning and not really saying a proper " See ya Soon"

As I type the temp has gone up another 1/2 degree - WOTSTHATALLABOUT? - I am now wondering if Bill has a spare pair of "Adam Briefs", one size to big, to accommodate a box of ice cubes!!!
(If he has I bet he is auctioning them , right now!!)

Cheers
Negg

Val n Bill

Neill, Bill wears boxers and it's not a very nice sight with ice cubes sliding down his legs and he says this is quite disconcerting  for an international playboy like him. ;) all those who have met him are now falling about laughing (including me)

Might get him some of those "Adams Briefs" just to keep the ice cubes in you understand. Hahaha

Val x

Eggy

Bill is doing you "Arilliacs" a great favour here, because you can all sleep soundly in your beds knowing he is "flavour of the Week". (Phil has never had it so good and PJ's speedos are safe!!)

We still hover around 27deg here at 8:30 pm. Get that mozzie spray on tonight guys n gals or they will feast away merrily as you feast away merrily.

Cheers
Negg

justphil

OMG am I missing my Arillas Today. Apart from lmao at all the posts, I am in bits if truth be told.

Our fabulous guests, who followed us back from pub this afternoon, witnessed me crash like I never do out there. The sleep ended only by our Sunshine (pussy cat) licking my nose. 

I seriously wish to be transported back home, NOW.

Phil

Jo Wissett

Our Arillas today is (very) sadly our last full Arillas today. Ended it at Brouklis, followed by a couple of cocktails in whispers, then a couple in the Coconut. This holiday has been sublime for us as usual. Amazing beach, amazing food, amazing locals, amazing Pina Colada's.....its funny, from the moment we arrived it felt like we had been here months yet now it only feels like a few minutes ago since we climbed into out taxi and listened to the Greek radio thinking Oh My God the day has finally come! Our 16th visit has been fantastic and simply wetted our appetites for more. Yammas my friends and I will see you on the other side! X

Val n Bill

Took your advice Neill, mozzie spray from top overhead to tips of my toes. Counted eight on my legs, one on my ear and one on my finger.
Hope the little  blighters had a good night as I also took my medication beforehand so now their blood will be extra thin. ;)

Val x

Eggy

"Beware the little black biting flies!!!"

Wegg and I have just spent a tad of time, in the garden, and we have both been bitten by these tiny little flies that, when they bite, you know you have been bitten. Generally mozzie spray keeps them at bay but we didn't use any this morning. Greeks may know more about these but it seems to us they are more active the greater the humidity.

So for Arillas today, if walking or lazing around any sort of vegetation, recommend some mozzie spray, on top of the tanning cream. (Humidity around 58% this morning)

And ... poor Val, she forgot to spray an ear and one finger. Clever little "bugs" these mozzies.
(Legs are easy but they love the challenge of smaller targets)

Best wishes to Jo W, and family and "Kalo Taxidi" for today.
Jo even bumped into Wegg, one early morning at Rainbow. That is more rare than spotting a Yeti!!
(But I suppose a Yeti is 4 times the size!)

Cheers
Negg

Jo Wissett

Hiya everyone. Still here clinging to our last few Arillas hours. Taxi not due till 20:30 so managed to enjoy a full-ish day, all the while with impending doom in back of our minds! I reckon today is hottest since we have been here. My good friend Linzi arriives in my marinaki apt on wed so hopefully she willl keep me updated on events! This really is a final yammas and I hand over the baton to all you lucky soon to be Arilliacs! Don't let us down!! X

Truth

Never min eh Jo, as I always say we KNOW we have to come home when we go and we are the lucky ones whio can afford to go abroad on holiday.......
Safe journey
x
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Lucky ones indeed , Karl.

A family of four , 2 young 'uns , I don't think Wegg and I could have afforded it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arillas Today and our weather station predicts rain?? Maybe it does that just to annoy me!!

29deg at 5pm ish is not a bad un though.

Cheers
Negg