Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

justphil

justlovin your posts pussinflipflops... Keep 'em coming. Arillas Today must be an even happier place than usual with your sunny self in residence, in spite of the non-holiday weather.

Selfish to the core, I adore being there in the storms, and have seen a few too. But last night looked like it was a cracker with all the purple skies in the photos. Or was it Photoshop????

Love to all
Phil

Eggy

Quote from: DaisysMum on September 02, 2014, 05:34:39 PM
Fantastic lightening show and rain drops the size of eggs.

Becky
X

The size of Eggs "wots" Becky???

Back tonight after another darts bashing where I once again forgot winning doubles are on the outer ring.
(Hitting cows Bum with shovel springs to mind - Can't do that either)

I see Puss in "Dubious Footwear" says she has been moved due to "Rumpy Pumpy" And I thought he was a little Gnome/Goblin in a children's fairy tale. So, the earth obviously moved for them , it was just the room that moved for her. - Hmmmmm!

I am happy that a beer still awaits at Marina and only hope that Sharon has not already opened it.
I await a sunny day and something with bubbles still in it.

Meanwhile..... A dry evening although did detect a flash on the way home. (But we won't talk about that)
Temp sits a very cool 19 deg at just gone midnight. Cats very keen to get inside which lead me to believe a tad more rain overnight. They know more than I do.

Phil .... You do not want to be here. The Worlds gone mad, the beers gone flat, the cracks of thunder are worse than an elephant breaking wind in a biscuit tin and my cats have the idea that they will also look good in flip flops!! - Tomorrow I will be banned from any more postings or, possibly, a lucky few may read this , before I delete it in the morning.

Negg

justphil

A brilliant post Eggy. The shock of the weather personified....

Please don't delete it. The size of Egg's wots have been the subject of so many conversations I have been a part of over the years....

But more seriously, I DO want to be there between thick and thin. Sometimes the "thin" is more useful than the "thick." But I'd never call you thick..... I would fit in well to a world gone mad. Better than you realise!!!

Arillas Today was so far from typical, we are entitled to point out that:
a) it is not only populated by Eggs and Poffs who have cats and strange personal issues
b) September has storms but they are glorious to see and well worth the fare to see rain falling horizontally, and then SUN!!!
c) Arillas is mostly searing hot in September. And likely to be the same well into October.
d) The wine festival is this weekend.
e) The beer festival is 8th October.

To say I wish I were there is such a stupid understatement.

Phil

sharonF

:D  Glad I'm up early to read your posts Eggy and Phil, never heard thunder described like that, hahaha.

We've been there in the September storms, flew out in one!  Spectacular aren't they.  Hopefully we will be there next July, with family in tow, we may meet at last Phil :)

Pussinflipflops, loving your reports, make me laugh.  Keep em coming

Sharon x

pussinflipflops

I'm back....had connection issues...the internet type..sadly not the rumpy pumpy type....what's a girl got to do around here to attract 'em. Not a sign of a Kamaki anywhere !!!

Mini flippyflops for puddytats unvailable down Arillas high st....might be a bezzness opportunity there eggggyyy to flog on Arillas seafront of a night for beer money.

Weather has bucked up...the odd refreshing shower..but more than enough sun to fry in.

Talking of frying...I nearly got fried yesterday..thought I'd treat myself to a day on those flashy purple Ammos bar  mattresses..got charged 8 euros.. WTF !!!! I moaned.. and got 2eu back and told it was because single beds were hard to sell..utter bolloxs. Only extra
was a cold bottle of water handed out in ice.  Am I right in thinking beach sunbed prices are regulated ? Anyone know ?  After all this is Arillas luv not flippin San Tropez. !!! 

Sat having my morning cuppa on Marina Balcony and there's a fabulous rainbow starting over the island and ending in San Stefanos.

Pussin flipflops signing out....I did look for them black multi buckled high heeled sadistic shoes to wear to the wine festival bust sadly non available...unless eggy has connections ;-)

PS..just started to rain !!

pussinflipflops

Double rainbow now.....starting at the jetty and ending at the nuddie beach :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

pussinflipflops

Its 5 20pm....loads of god knocking furniture upstairs over sounds and spitting....hope it holds off for the vino festival tonight :-$

Eggy

Arillas Today?- Brings us a cool morning and a perdy good afternoon, where a few bodies, still squeezed out a "Bit-O-Sun"

Now ....as Puss in "Hobnailed Boots" says:- Rain and Thunder at 5:20 pm ish.
Hope all is well for the Wine Festival tonight ?!!?

I hope to bump into, You,  P.I.F.F. soon. ( I say PIFF as I can't spell "Poss in Flup Flips"
This little cat worries me as she talks about Rumplestillskin and Kamikaze's. - Hmmmm!
Luv the banter with this feline Arilliac, and we should go "eye to eye" for a "Banter K/O".
Looking forward to a "Purrfect" time. Loser gets the Mermaid for an evening out!!

Still thunder and possible rain at 5:45. Durr! -

On a serious note - "Wibble springs to mind!!" - .....
,... No , again,..on a serious note ......I have yet to meet any one here who has let this bad weather dampen their enjoyment. That's Arillas for me and why so many Arilliacs are here!

Negg

justphil

All my fingers crossed hoping the Wine Festival can go ahead. No, I'm not there, but many hundreds will be, including many dear friends. The disappointment of freak weather ruining it is too hard for me to bear at a distance, let alone those who should be doing Arillas proud by partaking in one of the true highlights of the year.

It is so true Eggy, Arillas locals and their visitors are hardy folk who know how to handle the rain and find equally enjoyable ways to make their fun.

Here's hoping Arillas Today sees a truly successful Wine Festival.
Phil

kevin.g

With a bottle of merlot in hand , french , not greek , I sit wishing I could be at the wine festival , celebrating with freinds and locals alike, as I did in june at the afionas festival, I know it will a fab festival ,,, yiammas back to my dreams

justphil

I think the Greek spirit is alive and well. I have heard that the family will do the wine festival AVRIO. Wine Fesitival tomorrow. Such a Greek attitude. No good today? Avrio......

Smile on face here just thinking about it. BRAVO!!!

Phil

Eggy

Twas still raining, at 9pm, with a small tad of thunder n lightening.

Avrio ine alla mia mera ( Tomorrow is another day)

Negg

justphil

My heart is still there Neill. Thick, thin..... guess you qualify as thin. Thank you for Arillas Today. A million viewers cannot all be wrong.

Phil

Eggy

I think the Wine festival is targeted for tonight and currently with a 26deg and dry, at 6:30pm, we all hope it goes ahead.

A very interesting little snippet is that Armourada is having a "Pavarotti Night" on the 10th (Wednesday)
Those having been there before and enjoyed these evenings know WOTSITALLABOUT!!

Tuesday Night , at Rainbow , is the "Nomads Summer Darts Challenge" and Dimitris (Jimmy) will represent  Rainbow. - Supporters Welcome.- A good chance to meet faces and match them to names.
(Thursday's Tria Adelphia K/O Winner (Wayne) will also be there to take on the top 2 in the League)

Armourada planning a darts K/O for Thursday at which, I hope, I will see Steve n Mary and Clive.
(Not enough hours to go round, Guys)

It's still a fairly busy Arillas even though it's a drab start to September. Another nice day though.

Cheers
Negg

justphil

Only four words today. "Wish we were there."

PhilnJen