Beach or pool??

Started by Smiffypink, January 12, 2007, 02:49:50 PM

justphil

pj - jen and me are hedonists - people who don't want grief, enjoy the pleasures of the body - like food an drink, sunbathing, naturism, and all the rest you can work out. Arillas is the place where we can do all of what we want and not feel guilty about it.

bubbles, jets & squirts are fine.

don't matter we're getting on - we're still worth it!

phil

greg

Beach every time for me the sound of the waves are so relaxing and there is no naturism around a pool

BeckyB

Oh boy!

I wish I could add something deep & meaningful to this thread....but it's all pretty much been said in the most heartfelt manner.

All I can chip in with is...the beach....EVERY time!!!!

PS: I just looked at the beach/flip flop picture & it's made my evening after a particularly gruelling Monday!
Thanks very much for sharing such a gorgeous picture!

Becky B x.

Adam

I have to admit I am a real pool fiend.  Im not a big fan of getting sand everywhere!!  Last year was my first in Arillas but i loved the pool towards the end of the beach that was just a roads width from the sea, best of both worlds there!!

blondegirl

Where was that Adam, the Sea Breeze restaurant end or the cliff walk end.  Mike prefers the pool and I like the sea & beach (I am not a swimmer in the real sense of the word, another story, another topic!)  for a little while and then back to the pool, or even vice versa.. we seem to take it in turns for where we go.  Either way its still great isnt it?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

ann marie

I LIKE THE POOL.
HATE BRINGING ALL THE SAND BACK TO THE APARTMENTS.

Adam

Quote from: blondegirl on April 08, 2008, 03:30:49 PM
Where was that Adam, the Sea Breeze restaurant end or the cliff walk end.  Mike prefers the pool and I like the sea & beach (I am not a swimmer in the real sense of the word, another story, another topic!)  for a little while and then back to the pool, or even vice versa.. we seem to take it in turns for where we go.  Either way its still great isnt it?

Its the sea breeze end but not quite that far!!  I spent most days there last year and I hate the fact i cant remember the name!!  They show a movie in the evening, and have lush grass around the pool!! 

Shuey

Adam

Wohoo!!!  Thats the one!!  I knew id recognise it when I saw it written down!!  Thank you.

martin-w

That was the one I was going to suggest!
Whilst on the subject of pools, it seems to me that they are 'open house' to guests and passers by who go for a dip whether or not they are actually staying at the particular establishment. Have I got it right or am I imagining it?
I must admit I like both, mainly because the sea in Arillas is sooo warm and calm and its gradual slope out means that swimming is safe. The pool is great for an evening dip before heading off for food in the village!
Yammas,
Martin.

blondegirl

Thats the one.... they have the "posh" sun loungers and real grass at the front, we usually get a dousing from their garden sprays when we go back to the BS in the evenings,  lots of little ones using the pool too.  Its amazing really that even though Arillas is small there are still some places we havent been to.  Like the Graziella (I am drifting off topic here).  we have always walked past but never been in.  Last year when we took Lynda, Mike had a blonde either side of him and the waiters used to say "lucky man, lucky man".. LOL.. We must go in their this year for their garlic prawns!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

patrickjohn

Hi Everyone
I agree the Mirage pool is first class.
Martin: Yes open house seems to be the order of the day on most Greek Islands - however they do like you to patronise the bar for a drink and/or snack - it seems only fair.
I agree that for the best of both worlds its the beach and sea during the day, and a dip in a pool in the evening.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

biglee

Quote from: Maggie on January 13, 2007, 12:16:25 AM
  I like the pool, but the beach just gets my vote cos theres more
  interesting people watching at the beach!!!!!

yeah like the donut man
I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

biglee

when we had no kids we liked the pool
now we have to watch them like hawks so the beach is probably better when they are older we will spend more time around the pool again.

I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

justphil

Hi BG

you won't be disappointed with graziella's garlic prawns. Apart from "lucky man lucky man" you'll hear the catchphrase "lovely jublee" more than a few times. So endearing...

And to try and stay on topic, the beach below the Graziella and Sea Breeze is reached by a sort of step ladder. Fallen down that a few times after a hefty meal and loads of wine at the top....

But it's a lovely spot to settle on the beach.

best wishes
phil