Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Sara

Eggy, it's really good to hear from you. I've missed reading your posts.
The weather has been awful for you this winter, but just think about the long hot summer which should be starting very soon. I understand that the last few days have been very pleasant & there are signs of spring.
I do have sympathy for you regarding the bills. I know only too well how expensive retaining walls are!!
I can't believe how much petrol has gone up. It's on par with our prices now.

The 9 "little snippets" that you've mention sound like bliss to me. You wouldn't be picking oranges & watching the world go by sipping ouzo, if you were still living in the cold & grey U.K.

Looking forward to seeing you & Wegg in 5 weeks.

As Jo said, chin up.

Sara..xx

P.S Never heard of "A round Tuit"

Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

Eileen

Hi Neill,

Good and honest post there my friend..."same sh*t different location"...probably some days you feel it's true...and I quite believe it.

It won't be too long until the sunny days outnumber the dull and wet...and us lot are over to share a bottle or few.  Looking forward to it. :-)

Love and hugs,

Eileen.xxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

keith(geezer)

graet post neill hope to meet you this year in sept                                                                                                                                                                 keith and ann

Sara

This forecast will cheer you up Eggy. After tomorrow, no rain [for a while] lots of sunshine & highs of 21............Wish I was there.

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|GR|GR025|CORFU&metric=1

Sara
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

patrickjohn

Hey Sara what a splendid outlook.  Average daytime temperatures around 18 degrees would suit me nicely at the moment.  It was just 2 degrees outside a little while ago here in Lincolnshire.

Think that despite everything Eggy is in the right place - many thanks for your latest epistle Neil  - sums up well the trials and tribulations of life as well as the blessings which weigh in the balance on the other side.

Taking it all into consideration you've been having a wonderful insight into the way of life in Corfu.  Not only that, we forum friends have all been blessed in sharing with you some of the details (if not the actual discomforts and joys).
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

TONYNEW

Brilliant forecast why cant we have a bit of the 21°C it would deffo not go a miss at the moment infact i would happily settle for half of that,this winter seems to have dragged on and on with no sign of let up just yet and guess what ? Yup its snowing again up here in Idle
Not to worry spring cant be that far away now ;-)

TONYNEW

Odd post went up twice again

Janis

Great post Eggy - thank you.  I, too, have missed reading your reports.
The good times they are a'coming!

Janis x

justphil

Beautifully put PJ.
Quotewe forum friends have all been blessed in sharing with you some of the details

Hear Hear
Phil

Eggy

You guys out there really are my "LIL OLE" Arillas Family!
Nice comments and nice PM's from all concerned.
Patrick John - You're too nice and I will feel guilty now when I think of speedos!

But.....................
Don't read my post as a big bummer. Real life does have the habit of creeping up behind you and biting yer ass. Sometimes when youre spoilt a minor disaster can mean "The end of the world"

Maggie - I was saving our little get together for my next post but now you've let the cat ( Homer or Megg ) outa the bag. You little Scottish Tinker you!
Nice relaxing and enjoyable time spent with you and Gordon though and this currently sits at Number 1 in the February motivation Chart.

Arillas Today - WET. - Overnight rain topped up by a few showers this morning.
Holes continue to appear around North Corfu but, until drier weather we all grin and bear it. ( I often wonder if these holes are imported - Must ask JAC Transport )

Gardening now takes a back seat again. However Temps are good and around that 13 deg mark at 7pm. Tonight is a settle down job and hopefully curl toes in the warmth after another super offering from the Kitchen of Wegg.

Although wet , Arillas sea front still looks as inviting as ever. Sometimes it's a hard choice to make between Armourada and the front. Who is more inviting?
At Armourada you can get an Ouzo and a game of darts so Armourada may just win. - ................ Maybe!
Can't see the sea when sipping Ouzo and throwing arrows! ...and a walk along the front certainly beats walking 7 feet to get yer darts out of a board.

Be Well good people
Cheers
Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

Cheers for the report Neil
Holes in the road, I must be in and around the Arillas area.
Wish I was, would rather be hitting the holes there than the one's we have over here.
Roll on the Summer

sunflower

Hi Neil,
Thanks for your reports.
Whatever bad weather you might have I'm sure it can't be worse than what we are
suffering up here in England and in Denmark !!! Freezing cold and lots of snow that just keeps coming and coming. This winter seems to be never ending!!

Connie x

Eggy

Eggy

Hurrah!

Thanks to  a long phone call from Terry W, last night , I think I have finally got there.

( A little like getting to Corfu Town , via Albania, for me but ....  got there )

These two pics of Arillas early afternoon yesterday.
Must prctice some more soon.
Cheers
Negg

Eileen

Well done!  It was worth the wait, they are lovely photos. :-)

Looking forward to seeing more.

Eileen.xxxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB