Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

keefy

Eggy  Wtih reference to the donkey sancutary and doing visits to it next year I for one would go on such a trip....and i am sure my wife would come as well....donations but of course would a bucket of carrotts do...i'm sure i could stretch to some apples as well....LOL

kevin.g

lovely photos neil,keep em comming

Eggy

What a lovely day on Tue 13th Nov. Quiet and peaceful.
Reckon we could get lucky with a temp of 20 deg today.
I could just sit on the bench and read and enjoy. The web cam tells it ll.

However, I still have bits of "homework" to complete. - I'm not here to take it easy !!!
( Maybe. )

Take a look at Eftihia.

How many of us have made that very long journey up those steps to enjoy great hospitality and a good meal, plus a view to sell your soul for.

Equally, there are a few that got to the top and found it closed. (Very frustrating)

But In Eftihia's defence.They did have a lot of pressure this year with a serious ilnness to one of the family. So some afternoons and evenings they had to close.
It's called getting your priorities right.
Katerina ( Mother ) & Efi ( Daughter ) are lovely people. They deserve to do well.

Hopefully this week we may visit Amourada for an evening meal. Plenty of time though.
Cheers
Negg

TerryW

I have had to do a lot of catching up on your "daily" posts Eggy, and I have to say yet another big thank you for your efforts to keep the posts coming. They are brilliant and also very unique, because I doubt that there are many forums where you can get daily reports and photos of your favourite resort.

On your travels, have you seen Mary from the Horizon? Helen is getting quite excited about  the forth coming event and was wondering if she is OK?

I think that Wendy and yourself you could get a job as a pram pushers over the winter months.

TerryW

Eggy

Terry
If Mary @ Horizon is Marino's sister then Dimitris tells me that she has had the babe.
Don't know if the baby was a boy or girl though.
Cheers
Negg

TerryW

Thanks for the information Eggy, I will email my congratulations to the family.

TerryW

Sandy x

Eggy, you surely must realise that for us girls many more details are required. You now have your next mission.....
Sandy x

Eggy

A great deal of rain overnight here plus a bit 'o thunder.
This seems to be continuing through the day , off & on, with more "on" than off.
( Plus a twinge of lightening occassionally thrown in )

Temperature at 9 a.m. was 9 deg but now, at midday, we have just under 12 deg so it's getting better.

These photos from the balcony may be worth a look but do not really show the weather to it's best.

[img][http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1791/s3010606pk6.jpg/img]

At about 11:30 am we had a real battering of hail. I think you'd call it hail.
To me, hailstones have usually been whitish and round. This was just as if some one "up there" decided to empty a giant ice bucket at us. I could have picked up the chunks and put some in my ouzo!!
35mm of rain recorded between 10 a.m to 11:30 am.

I think Arillas may have to be postponed today.
Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Sorry
Left a piccie off.

Negg

TerryW

I must be mad, but I would love to be wearing waterproofs and having a walk along that track. Great pics again.

Eggy

Funny you should say that Terry.
Wegg has been out this morning in her "waterproofs"

The rain has just this minute stopped - But I think it will be back.
Very pleased with the house insulation - Boring I know - But, without any heating on this morning we've still got 21 deg inside.
Oil Heating and hot water coming in at, about, £12 a week at the moment.
( Not bad for mid Nov. - and oil is about 49p a litre - Dearer than England. I think ? )

Lazy day today, unless we get 15 deg outside - still only 12 deg at 1 pm
Cheers
Negg

Hels Bels

Love the view from your balcony Eggy, Now I can see when we talk to you why you are not missing England too much. Maybe I'll have to think again about buying that land eh?!? Keeping the Dream alive!

riggers

Fantastic views Neil. Looks like you have a lot of garden space. Maybe you could build another house for Wendy's parents. I know you was sorry to see them go home in october..

Regards....riggers...

Sandy x

Nicely painted railings Negg and Wegg....
Sandy x

Eggy

Activity in Arillas today folks!
( More activity in Arillas than on our first floor railings Sandy - Yet to be finished )

Bumped into Costa and, believe it or not, had an ouzo with him in the Coconut.
Met Spiros, Arillas Travel, and had a little chat.
Yiorgos at Malibu knocking a wall down and looks like he's extending the bar sideways.
Also Yiorgos, from Inas, looking very relaxed and pottering around in the shop.
Then met Olga, Olgas Travel,who looks very well indeed.
Vassilis, (Billy), sat at a table in Amourada patiently making his new "all purpose" fishing hook with advice, alledgedly, given to him by someone in England.
Looked like a large chunk of bread to me with a few hooks wound in/around it.
( But not being a fisherman - What do I know ? )
Also looked like he's growing a "winter beard"

And..................
.... One customer at Brouklis. Well, he was sat outside making use of Dimitris's wi-fi.
German Guy. Been here for a few months now. Owner of a white camper van.
Some of you may have seen him around September/October time - or before.

Didn't take the camera so take my word for it that there were some big ole waves pounding the sea front. Not a morning for fishing on the pier !!.
The web cam can tell it better than I.

Fairly warm, when the clouds let the sun through. 16/17 deg.
Again met the, now very excited, English couple Dave & Lynn. Not long now before they move out of their rented accomadation and move into their new build.
All in all, a very pleasant short visit.
Not even spoilt by the Garage visit on the way which cost us e80 for a new car battery!!
Cheers All
Negg