Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

riggers

Well i am trying to get the hang of this quote business...........

Erja

:D We are the champions! More about depleting the beer stock in the Daily Royal Ionian ;)

Wish you were all here!!! :)
Life is good ;)

Eggy

Arillas Today ( Well at 11 a.m to be precise )

Must have been an early start for many with much "siga siga" activity happening on many beds.
A very refreshing breeze, not the sandblasting type but the one that will make many forget just how hot it is at the mo. ( 29 deg at 11 a.m & rising! )

Parking plots were being patiently filled when I left and , I think, by lunchtimeish, nearly all of the beach will be working overtime.

I've just remembered , it's Sunday! - Where has that last week gone?

Saw Dimitris, Brouklis, taking his morning coffee and relaxing with Litsa and Spiros.
Noufris looking well. ( I'm told Erja had good Birthday celebrations last night )

Stay well all
Negg

Eggy

So what about an Arillas Tonite then?.

It's 7:30 pm in Kavaddades and there's some nasty 'ole black clouds up int sky.
Temps dropped from 32 deg down to 28 in the space of an hour and thunder can be heard. There's a pretty heavy wind coming up and 2 plastic chairs have just been sent off the side balcony. ( Probably on the way to our neighbours right now )

The thunder is moving our way so we'll be the first to receive any rain nature decides to throw at us. Arillas will be next on her list.
( I reckon it's a wet and noisy Arillas by 9:30 pm )
But wot do I know?

It's a lovely welcome cool breeze here though. We may have to lash ourselves to the balcony later.
( Remember the start of Wizard of Oz. - I could soon become the Wizard of Odd )

Cheers
Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

Dont loose the ruby red slippers eggy, Dorothy wants them Back

Eggy

John

Didn't you lose a sandal last year. So I won't feel so bad if the shoes vanish.
( Although Ruby red would match my cheeks after a darts night with excess Ouzo! )

10:35 pm and just stopped raining here after much thunder n lightening. I think tomorrow morning people will say " Rain? - Wot Rain? "
We get so excited when we get this weather here donchyerknow? It's a novelty for us.

Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

Ahh the sandals they were a cause for some concern, that one ran on the forum for some time I recall.

justphil

And livers John..

As far as we are concerned, Arillas is today missing two things - Phil and Jen. We have had a corker of a village night here. But as sad as this is, I wanted to be in the Nut with Erja and friends. We came 9th out of 11 in the quiz, chatted in the pub with all and sundry, and helped a dear friend get a taxi home.

We showed  him all the forum stuff, and pointed out how much his family would love our place. I think another Addict is in the making....

Arillas Today I can't handle. But Arillas Tomorrow? Jen and me are working on it....

Phil

kevin.g

phil
same here would, soooooooooo love to be out there now and for the wine festival,,,,,,,but like many the c/c has its foot on our finances,,but 2010 is booked ,so ill have to wait till then ..yammas muccassssssssssssss..

blondegirl

We remember last years storms in September really well... exciting or what!!

The umbrellas were blown into the pool along with a big flower pot and flowers...Mike went in and rescued them later... the black clouds rolling from the sea and you knew it was coming your way with no escape... the wind was mad and the rain lashed down and the flooding under the door - what more could you want for excitement!

We just batterned down the hatches in our room, drank wine and watched tv. then when it stopped got ready to go out for dinner... brilliant!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

georgia

Well another day in paradise...how much can I stand..answer loads!! Arrived early hours of Tuesday morning, first time on indrpendant route..works like a dream!! Arrived at Methraki at 5am sat and watched the sun come up from balcony. Ate at Amourada first night as my favourite was the special..calves liver..yum yum! Graziela to eat last night,,squid for himself and stuffed peppers for me! Sun blaing, swimming in sea and pool..not often you see us doing that..seeing Chris trying to moor hi,mself onj an inflatable was like Day of the Dolphin all over again!!! xxx

Eggy

Excellant Georgia

Hats off to Armourada for these little gems that they produce.
And hats off to you for getting involvedi n these "rare" dishes.  Squid as well, great.
( Reckon you've been here before - Donchyerknow ! )

Wth 30 deg in the shade this PM  it has been another hottie. Yours truly sat in a sun lounger, at home, this afternoon to read a book as just dozed away merrily.
( Late night last night - See Darts.... etc for more )

Cheers
Negg

sharonF

HI Georgia,

Really glad you're having a great time.  We're definately trying the Armourada this time.  See you at the Wine Festival!

Sharon x

ger

i am doing my best to persuade martin that we need to come back to arillas in october!! what is the weather like? although we had rain and thunder in june!! so who knows? i really need some sunshine!!!!!
ger x

Eileen

Hi Ger...go for it...work on Martin this weekend - use all your womanly wiles if necessary!

We were over on the 23rd-27th October last year, the weather was lovely and Arillas was so quiet and peaceful.

Here is a photo of the beach I took on the 27th...
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB