Some helpful info for those that need a cashpoint etc

Started by ceefacts, August 13, 2011, 11:17:06 AM

kevin.g

ang66
youll love tria ..good food, good host, clean .and relaxing ,,as you come out to the fork in the rd that both lead to the beach,,a 15min walk ,,the beach you can wade out a couple 50yrds and still and still be at waist level ...as for eateries ,,youll be spoilt ,,the beach road has the majority,ty as many as you can and find your fave ,,,,yammas

katerina

I would just like to say that I am really pleased to hear about this bus service, thanks Mike for your post to let us know about it. I am staying in San Stephanos the last week of September and will certainly be using it to get to Arillas and Agios Georgios (which is rather a long walk otherwise!)

Janis :) I hope to catch up with you and Barry too....although I may have to walk down in the first week of October.

Janis

It'll be great to see you again Cathy - are you there for two weeks?

Janis x

Ang

Well then Angela66 you will certainly not be dissapointed with Arillas..you may just find your little bit of paradise in 2012, looking forward to hearing that you did- long wait though but we will all still be here.
Ang

katerina

Yes Janis two weeks from 23rd September....I'm over the other side of the hill but I'm sure I'll be in Arillas quite alot (on the bus). I'm sure we can meet up, I'll get your number nearer the time x

ceefacts

If you would to download a copy as well as find out where you can buy tickets in resort, visit the following web address:

http://www.corfudirect.com/outlets.htm

1 day passes costs 5 Euros
7 day passes costs 15 Euros
14 day passes costs 25 Euros

Janis

coys

Hope the bus can come the back way and along the beach sometimes so the people from Sidari can see what there missing and want to come back for a day.
Barry.

martin-w

Cheers Mike! I think it's going to make a lot of difference to Arillas, a very useful service, hope it does well! Have downloaded all the info and printed it for next visit.
Yammas,
mARTIN.

Ron and Sue

Being a new member to the forum but a visitor to Arillas for 20 years (often 2 or 3 times a year) it is sad to see the vitriol a single subject arouses.It is great to see Hermans attempt to provide a local bus service between resorts and we wish him every success.Does it really matter where the information appears.We will be back in Arillas 29 Aug and look forward to using the new service.     

Eggy

A good point, made to me, by someone on holiday, which I hope Mike or Herman will comment on is:-

Why doesn't the bus have details of the service, it is providing, advertised on the side of the bus?

Not yet having seen the bus I cannot authenticate the information she has given me is correct.

But, and in her words, "It could be any bus going anywhere".
That little spot of advertising, for all to see, must be worth doing.
Any advertising on the side of a bus must be good advertising.
Cheers
Negg

ceefacts

Ok here is my reply .... Other than being a regular visitor to Arillas for many years , and always looking to aid or help my 'local' friends , I have no connection to the bus service , Herman or anyone else connected to it ... i was just merely doing my bit as an Arillas fan to make as many people aware of the details as possible ..... so please can everyone get off my back about things I SHOULD BE DOING about the bus service .... please direct all issues to Herman , as for advertising on the side of the bus I'm sure if the bus is a success and makes money they will look at it as a future idea , until then like most fledgling businesses they are watching what they spend in such troubled economic times ..... Most things in Arillas are worked out by word of mouth , the timetable is there where it stops is there , so why not chance ya arm and stand at a stop at the allotted time and when a bus comes along and stops in front of you ASK !!!!

Why is it that everything on this site is such hard work ? anyone would think people have nothing better to do than just find fault rather than get behind the idea.

Ang

Mike I'm not in a particularly good mood today, I have my reasons and have shared them openly on this forum for those members who have been friends since I joined in 2004 and I may regret this post - but will you stop thinking every one is having a pop at you personally!!

You have eloquently put across your views and support of this bus service, you are undoubtedly a long time visitor to Arillas, as I am also, but I can not see anything in the previous 2 posts that could be deemed negative and or direct at you.

I have never seen a topic that has been flamed so much as this one in all my 7yrs as a member - time to stop folks and lets just take the positives about this excellent bus service,

Thank you
Angela

ceefacts

"A good point, made to me, by someone on holiday, which I hope Mike or Herman will comment on"

I've had 3 messages sent to me privately

And now you bringing up a point that you're saying should be dropped , but you didnt even have to make your comment at all .......

This is precisely what ive dealt with since i started the post.

Jo Wissett

Flippin eck, we are all going to be sat on one of these buses shaking having flashbacks of 'moved post- gate'.
Let's have it right,  That's what has caused all the uproar Mike, it was the frankly arrogant way you berated Dimitris for moving the post that offended me at least. Anyway everybody must surely know every detail about this great service now so eveyone should be happy.