Our Jetty Bench

Started by Ang, November 05, 2011, 06:43:10 PM

kevin.g

good old gary ,,i just know he,ll do a loving job in putting our bench to rest ,,just so glad it got sooo well used ,,,thanx to all here and there,,yammas

justphil

It has been controversial, damaged, abused, but the whole point was how a forum member (our lovely kevin.g) put our donations into effect. Trying to give something back to the place and community we all get so much from. Our Jetty Bench is a symbol of that. No more, no less.

Join me in thanking all who put it into effect. "Thank You"

Phil

Anne

Ditto Phil - our heartfelt thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Val n Bill

Thank you to EVERYONE who made the placing of the bench possible

Val x
The love affair continues.

patrickjohn

I agree with Val, Anne & Phil - Thanks to all concerned.
As far as I can see there is no photograph of the bench on this thread so this one is posted to remedy that.
Best wishes to all forum folk & Arillas Adicts everywhere!
Pat

Corfu, Arillas - Testing the new Jetty Bench by pj's memories, on Flickr

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Truth

I am not usually one for photos but that looks absolutely beautiful !  I WILL be visiting this bench with a can of Mythos and a picnic in August !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

sharonF

Thats a great pic of you and Julia Pat x

Val, yep thats me, I usually have a nosey before I go to work at 7am! lol. Eggy you need to be the bench stalker for us, we need to know who it is on it! :)

Sharon x

Ang

There seems much activity on the bench this morning - maybe today is the day when it goes off in to hibernation.
Ang

patrickjohn

11:09am UK time
Looks like the bench is still there!
It also looks like another beautiful sunny day in Arillas - perhaps the summer will never end.
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Eggy

The bench is still being put to good use and the weather is a pussycat and is being as nice to it as it can possibly be.

But.... It will be put into hibernation soon.

Negg

Ang

I quite like seeing it there, so whilst the purring continues keep on enjoying the bench.
Angx

Eggy

I have spoken to Gary and we both think the bench should remain "in-situ" until after Christmas, weather permitting.
We are currently enjopying temps of around 19deg at 4 pm today and if the weather stays this good for December you may see bums on seats Christmas and boxing day.
It is getting a lot of respect from various shaped buttocks right now.

( I am thinking of becoming the new "Seat Attendant" and charging one euro per botty , e2.50 for 3 botties - But, I may need a "jobs worth cap" ! )

Cheers
Negg

TerryW

As Jim Royle would say...... " €2.50 my ar**" :-)

Ang

Lol both!! well maybe it wont need removing? a slap of varnish on a good day and hey presto - if it falls apart then Ive got my donation ready and waiting for its replacement
Ang

Val n Bill

I watch the bench most days, on and off, and see quite a few people using it, at dusk, if somebody isn't sitting on it there is nearly always someone on the jetty. So I think it should stay until the weather is to wintery for it to be used.
Ang, your idea is a good one, if Gary has the time.

Val x 
The love affair continues.