exchange rate

Started by briant, May 10, 2008, 08:34:51 PM

kes

Becky... do you keep having to remind us that you are going on Saturday... ;)

BeckyB

I'm sorry Kes :-)
I'm getting to that point now where it's almost like Christmas Eve! Shall I stop?
Oops :-)

TONYNEW

When do you go Becky lol have a great time B i'm sure you will :-)
                                 Tony

Eggy

I see e 1.248 in Arillas today.

Negg

M n M

Neill, cheers the best offer I have had today is 1.22. See you anytime from Monday. Mick.

BeckyB

Thank you very much Eggy,
I really hope I see you this time
BeckyB :-)

Eggy

e1.255 currently being offered in Arillas today.

Negg

sunshine

Yesterday Tesco was offering 1.25 seemed the best i have seen in England

riggers

I must check this Tesco out. 

Lindypops

Saw 1.26/7 in Sidari last week.
Lindypops.

robinm

Commercial rate today is 1.298. This is the highest it has been for sometime. Would expect a rate of 1.28 in Arillas very shortly!

briant

Since I posted this Topic on 10th.of May it has been read over 11000 times which proves how exchange rate concious we all are.To refer to my first post TMS sent me their rates today and in brief they are 7 days notice 1.26 .41 days notice 1.28.No commission and free delivery.

TONYNEW

Well i keep wondering how the exchange rate will go for next year up to the 1.40s i hope but things dont look too promising at the moment lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it improves as it does make a big difference espeacialy for those folks with a few kiddies
                      Tony                           

Eggy

I think the exchange today is something like e1.15? What's happening folks?

There's more n more talk of one euro to a pound here. I know nothing of economic polictic etc but, if v.a.t comes down from 17.5% to 15% the extra money people can save for "special treats" can be easily consumed by the exchange rate when people need a well earned break.

Spare a thought for those trying to "live the dream" Not Egg n Wegg, but those halfway though building projects. I know some who have now put their builds on hold in the hope the exchange improves.

A e200,000 quote for a house in Sept 07 was around £142,000 - Now it's £174,000.

Frightening times people.
Negg

Geoff

I've got my own Conspiracy Theory on this one.
The government will allow the £ to slip so close to the Euro that when they suggest that we might as well change to the Euro since it is worth the same as the £ then there will be no resistance from the voting public.
At which time of course, everything will go up in the UK just like it did when we moved from good old LSD to decimal - not that I remember that of course - my granny told me, honest!

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)