Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

sue

what a lovely picture.
love their tshirts.
it will be me in 4 weeks im really excited .
i got soaked yesterday but i kept thinking of arillas.
sue &ian

annie

In the carrier bags i think are John the Refs FLIP FLOPS !!! Ha Ha
Annie

Shuey

Lovely photos Eggy, Phil and Jen look really happy. Why wouldn't they afterall they have returned home!! ;)
I hope they have a great holiday!

sharonF

Negg, thanks for the brill photos and report.  It's great to see people there, where's that Terry!

Who is on the pic of the day photo today?

Sharon x

Eggy

Sharon

It's possible that I may bump into Terry W tomorrow night at the Horizon.

You'll all see , from the webcam , that Arillas Today is a little cloudy. Add that to a healthy breeze and what a super afternoon it is!. When the sun gets hidden by those clouds it does cool you down a little.

Anyone know the owner of this yacht? If so can you ask them to remove it as it's illegally parked. - Jealous ? - Whose jealous?

A couple of the beach just to show how healthy the waves are today.

Cheers
Negg

On a very sad note. A young guy, well known to many locals, died in a car accident last night. Being mainly small communities in North Corfu, where everyone knows everyone, the loss has affected many people. There is a great respect held here for all your "nearby" neighbours and there is many a brave face is being shown today.
He was a lad of 27 who dealt with deliveries to various shops/Tavernas so is probably not known to Forum members.
But even as a "small part" of Arillas I'm sure we all understand the feelings here today.

As a mark of this respect the Kavvadades Festival has been cancelled tonight.
Negg

Cheryl2307

How sad, such a waste of a young life.  My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Cheryl O

graham

Are you allowed to just park Boats anywhere then Negg? If it's that easy I gotta get myself one! Mind you, with the Price of fuel over here, it would have to be a sailing boat for me. Just a couple of wrong turns out of Swansea Marina and I'm there!!!!!

I hope the lads family will be ok
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

riggers

I was just enjoying reading your post Negg, then i came to end. How very sad, as has been said our hearts go out to family and friends.

riggers...

Mike and Debbie

Please pass on all our condolences to the lads family from all on the forum

Eggy

Riggers
Sadly it all forms part of Arillas today and I thought long and hard before posting that news as part of one post.
But... Assuming that a large majority of the Forum knew about tonights Festival I thought it best to say prior to any questions of " How was the Festival" tomorrow.

Graham
Let me know when you make those 2 wrong turns and I'll be at the end of the Jetty with a bottle , or two.

Cheers
Negg

riggers

Yes good thinking Eggy. I'm sure Phil and Jen will find something else to do.  :)

cheers.

riggers..

Eileen

Hi Neill,

Thanks for passing on the sad news.  I don't know any of the delivery drivers but after so many visits we have become familiar faces to a few of them and we usually exchange waves. 

As Mike and Debbie said, please pass on our condolences to the family.

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Sandy x

News like this puts life into perspective doesn't it? I echo others' thoughts and send condolences to the family. I know there are many of us on this forum with "children" of similar ages....
Sandy x

jean

As Sandy says when you've "children" of a similar age it sends a chill down your spine to read such sad news. We are relatively new addicts- only 3 visits to date but really empathize with the community of Arillas. Please add our condolences to those of other forum members to the people of Arillas.

justlynn

What dreadful news.  Please add our condolences to the lad's family, and people of Arillas.

Lynn & Colin