JohnTheRef&Dot

Eggy
Thanks for the pictures from yesterday evening
Things look a lot brighter there than here
We spent the evening indoors as once again Dudley was having a down poor
Good old British Summertime
Roll on Monday evening and take off time

blondegirl

Eftihia always looks empty with nothing cooking when we go by... Eggy do you just go in and sit down or go up and ask what they have cooking that night.  Never sure what to do but we always fancy a meal there as it is very quiet and the view is lovely.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Marymary

my deepest sympathy goes to that poor lads family, I know exactly how they are feeling right now

love
Mary

Marymary

Phil and Jen look ecstatic - like they've come home to paredise

Love
Mary

riggers

Brilliant Pictures Negg, Ha Ha especially the last one. Looks like you caught them by surprise.  :)

riggers....

Eggy

BG

Eftihia has one of the best sea front views there is, probably due to the high seating area.  Last year they were closed for a short while due to a family bereavement.
I think that threw a few people off as it never looks open and at that time wasn't.

" Efi " the daughter looks after the customers and mother Katerina looks after the cooking.

Just walk up those steps , sit down and you will be bought a menu.

Food wise, it's always hard to comment as what suits one may not suit another.
Personally we have never been disapointed. We had a small snack last night and made it last 2 hours and Efi had the time to sit with us and talk.

I did ask the question last night as to why they never show a large "OPEN" sign. It's because, so I was told that they are very happy to deal with 4/5 tables but if they were full then the waiting time would be longer and Katerina, in the Kitchen would obviously struggle. They are very happy as they are.
Would she be able to sit and chat with people if they were busier? - I think it would lose some of it's charm and peacefulness if it was busier.
Other places retain the charm very well but have more staff to ensure everyone, hopefully, has a good time.

So, enough to get by and have a relaxed life. I respect and acknowledge that as Wegg and I do exactly the same. We don't want to be too busy either.

It's on our shortlist of places which we just have to visit every summer.

Cheers
Negg

blondegirl

Eggy,. that makes me more determined now to sit down and enjoy a meal there.    I shall make a note of how many are there and if empty will definately have to try out Katerinas cooking.  thanks for that information, I will be brave and ask now.

Wendy n Stu

We make a point of going there at lunchtime.  We sit and watch the sea and we always receive such a warm welcome.  All the food is cooked fresh to order and it is delicious.  You can't beat coming off the beach to eat home-grown salad and freshly caught sardines washed down with a chilled Mythos.  We have never been disappointed and would say it is well worth a visit.  Lovely people, lovely food, lovely view.  W & S. xx

blondegirl

Sounding even better Wendy.

Welcome back by the way, glad your move went well!

sue

think i will try their as well.

Wendy n Stu

And it's cheap.  Thanks BG, nice to be back.  Next hol 8th Sept so hopefully we get to say hi in person.  W. x

sharonF

Hi Wendy

Welcome Back!  Have you settled into your new home okay?

Love Sharon xx

Wendy n Stu

Hi Sharon, yes it's great thanks.  Just counting the days until we are back in Arillas now.  Love it here though, and lots of spare time for the Forum!!!  Hope you are both well.  Take care and keep in touch.  W. x

blondegirl

Shall look out for you Wendy

justphil

Thanks all - yes PhilandJen are ecstatic. The picture didn't get near to the whole truth. We are sat in Malibu typying this, thinking of all our forum friends. See you all online all too soon..l.

love
PhilandJen

BTW Sandy, the bench was just right....